South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 03:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Question What Do I do?

I'm not sure what to do, I was cruising along through phase 2 pretty well and then I got sick on Sunday and pretty much feel RIGHT off the wagon. Monday I don't think I ate at all, if anything 1 chicken nugget from McD's. I did drink LOTS of juice and even had a pop In my defense the bubbles felt VERY good on my sore throat. Tuesday was even worse, it involved ice cream, and more pop and juice. I think I *only* had sugar.

So do I have go back to phase 1? Or can I continue on with phase 2? I really don't want to go back to phase 1 for 2 weeks, those were a hard two weeks! I'm trying to get back on track as of this morning, but it's been hard since I can't full swallow yet. I'm hoping for a full recovery by tomorrow What would you do?

-Aimee
Old 02-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #2  

Aimee, I'd pick up where I left off. It doesn't sound like the foods you were able to eat are triggering cravings, nor added up to many calories. I might get hit for this but I'm a firm believer in Calories In, Calories Out... and the amount of exercising or moving you do, the amount of muscle you have, are the primary calorie burners. SouthBeach offers a great way to stop false hunger, focus on healthy high volume less processed and sugar foods to get healthy. (I'll get off my now)

I'm glad yer feeling better!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #3  

I agree with Schatzi. If you find you have cravings go back to phase 1 until the cravings go away but otherwise you'll be okay. Some people are more sensitive to cravings than others.

In the meantime, try something like chicken broth. You need to get some nutrition in there. The mom in me says not to go too long without getting some nutrition.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #4  

I appreciate all the feedback, I have been thinking that I need to start getting SOME kind of food into my body so for breakfast/lunch I had some whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter on it. So far so good!

Today I also go back to work, just for 5 hours, wish me luck!

-Aimee
Old 02-07-2007, 08:09 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Aimee, when you're sick, you need to just focus on getting better! You are so committed, girl! Sugar is sometimes just the thing to soothe and coat your throat and is in tons of medicines that are sometimes the only thing that helps. Focus on getting better, hon and then face the cravings.

Once you've done the initial 2 weeks of P1 at the beginning, there's NO reason to do 2 weeks again ever! It's way too long! Each person's length of time until cravings leave is different; some are 3 days, some 5, etc. But all you have to do, if you do have cravings when you are feeling 100% healed, is go on P1 until the cravings leave. I don't think that'll be any longer than 5 days, which I think anyone can manage. Once the cravings are gone, just jump back into P2.

Here's a link to a Daily Dish article on SBD and what to do when you're sick. Hope that helps, too! Feel better, hon!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:49 AM   #6  

beachgal - thanks for the link! I am definitely trying to focus on getting better , but as much as I want to be better.. I want to be skinny much more!! heh.

I think my biggest problem has been that I'm allergic to all those artificial sweetners, I probably could have survived this better.

-Aimee
Closed Thread