Old 02-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #1  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekly Exercise 2/4 - 2/10

I didn't see a thread... thought I did earlier

If there is one, please delete this one.

Anyway, Sunday I did Turbo Jam 20 minutes.
Today was full body weight training - 2 sets (about 30 mins).
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I did nothing Sunday (still sick and recovering from my icky fall...) Monday I ran 3 miles outside and did 30 min strength training. Today I hit the treadmill to run 2.5 miles and walk 1/2 mile.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:31 PM   #3  

Height: 5.6

Today I walked for an hour

Yesterday - I went to curves and then later in the evening I worked out on my stability ball and did my situps on the ball as well.
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

Well done to you all for your hard work!

Sunday - I went swimming 1/2 mile
Monday - Gym - did interval training 12 mins of stepping (intervals of running on and off step and normal stepping)/ 10 mins of resistance x3
Tuesday - Gym did free/ machine weights and lots of pilates type stretching and then went to a step class (my first!) it was way too complicated - lots of mamboing and spinning so just did basic step where I couldn't follow
Wednesday - will go to bodypump this evening

I bought a book on running yesterday too - have that in mind for later in the year when I get below 200lbs - wish the scale would move for me!

EM
EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yesterday, I did 60 minutes on the treadmill. Its been a week since I worked out. Boy, did I ever feel it!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Monday: Bike 30 min
elliptical 30 min
weights 30 min

Tuesday: bike 75 min
E.T. 60 min
treadmill 30 min
weights 45 min
So Monday I didn't make my 2 hours but Tuesday I made up for it.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMuffin View Post

I bought a book on running yesterday too - have that in mind for later in the year when I get below 200lbs - wish the scale would move for me!

EM
EnglishMuffin, don't wait until you're under 200!! I started running when I was down to about 250. Just start slowly, with short intervals of jogging mixed into your walks. Do the Couch-to-5K Running Plan on coolrunning.com, or your own version of it, and you'll be running miles in no time! I'm slow, but I can do 3 miles without stopping at this point, and I'm training for a 10k. The sooner you start, the sooner your body will adjust to the challenges of running, and you'll get addicted!
Old 02-07-2007, 09:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I did my 30 minutes of walking first thing this morning - and part of the Biggest Loser DVD. (I am still looking for the 2nd one) I will be thrilled when I can actually do the whole thing!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:46 PM   #9  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie71 View Post
EnglishMuffin, don't wait until you're under 200!! I started running when I was down to about 250. Just start slowly, with short intervals of jogging mixed into your walks. Do the Couch-to-5K Running Plan on coolrunning.com, or your own version of it, and you'll be running miles in no time! I'm slow, but I can do 3 miles without stopping at this point, and I'm training for a 10k. The sooner you start, the sooner your body will adjust to the challenges of running, and you'll get addicted!

WOW, 3 miles?!?! Very impressive. I plan to start running one day. I'm going to check out that coolrunning site. Thanks Lisa!!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well I've been doing my WATP video 2x a day for about 27 mins a pop 5x a week for the past few weeks. Yesterday my knees just started killing me. I'm able to do the videos, but not much else. Like regular walking around has been difficult. I am really, really not happy about this. In order for me to keep losing I need to keep increasing my exercise. I guess I have got to face up to things and realize that walking is not in my future and I will need to come up with some other forms of exercise. I really enjoy working out at home. Partially because I like breaking my workout in to 2 sessions and for the convienience and it's cheaper and on and on and on. Gosh I hate what I've done to myself.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

I am finally getting into a good pattern!
Sun 2 mi jog on treadmil
mon 2.25 mi jog on treadmil
tues 2.25 mi jog on treadmil
wed 2.25 mi jog on treadmil

I plan on uping by .25 of a mi each week until 5k. Jelly
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #12  

Robin, when I first started running my knees hurt all the time and I almost stopped. They hurt so much I couldn't walk around sometimes as well. I'm no doctor, so you may want to check with one of those, of course, but have you tried icing them at night? It doesn't seem like it will do much, but that's what I did and I finally worked through it. They still hurt on occasion if I do a really difficult run, but you'd be surprised what wonders icing can work. I filled up little dixie cups with water and froze them, then tore off part of the cup and used them as little icing utensils, rubbing them on the sore spots.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

LisaMarie thanks for the tip. I would love if I could work through this. These past couple of week I have bumped up the speed of my walking. I'm just not burning calories the same as when I was 287 lbs., so I keep on increasing the exercise. I'd love to walk even more, but I am afraid I will really do a number on my knees. Did your knees hurt during your workouts or after? Also wondering if you had any knee problems before you started running and losing all the weight? One more question - how long do you ice your knees for? Thanks again. I really appreciate the help.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #14  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Oh man! You all are making me feel guilty! I think I'm doing "good" to WALK 30 minutes at 2 MPH!! Sheesh! When will I be able to move up with all you hard workers? How long did it take you to become used to "just walking" after you started? Should I be pushing myself more? I already feel lightheaded when I get off but is that something that will pass if I just push myself beyond it? Thanks!!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:04 PM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

DO NOT FEEL GUILTY WHATSOEVER!!! You are doing great!!! When I first started I could barely make it for 15 mins at a snails pace. But I was burning more calories because at a higher weight that's what you do. I built up
s-l-o-w-l-y. And I still am building up. Now of course I've got the stamina, but unfortunately my knees are crappy. As long as you're doing more exercise then you used to, you're doing fine. You should slowly increase. You might wanna try something like I do, if it works for you that is. I do less time, but
2x a day, early morning and late afternoon. I find it very doable that way. Instead of increasing my minutes, I've increased my pace. But you have plenty of time to do that.