Old 02-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Smile My Weekly Commitment: Week of February 5-11

Hi Everyone! Hope you had a commited weekend and are ready to stay on plan this week! Usually, we make daily commitments. Hope you don't mind that I switched this up to a weekly commitment instead. I don't think our commitments really change that much from day to day.

My Commitment for the week: I will work out daily....60 minutes of cardio and begin weight training. I have missed my workouts for the last week. Its time to get back on track.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #2  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Rhonda!

I like the idea of weekly instead of daily.

My commitments:

1. Exercise 4 times this week (one more than last week)
2. Stay OP AT ALL TIMES
3. Drink 64+ oz of water
4. Cook dinner every night
5. Bed by 10pm

Here's to a happy and healthy week!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Just a thought, it's totally up to you guys since I have not participated in this thread for a while. You might get more responses if instead of a daily or weekly commitment thread you had a thread titled - "How's your week going? Feb 5- Feb 12" or "The 100 lb Clubs Weekly Check In" or something like that. I know alot of the other forums have weekly chit chat threads. We have a lot of different threads going on here where we get to "talk" so I'm not sure how successful it would be. Totally up to you guys.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I really like the daily commitments thread - I need to commmit more than once a week! (or is that be committed more than once a week??)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 287/238/142

Height: 68 in

Hi, I'm new to this whole site. I have occasionally checked out a few boards and a couple of threads. It was difficult to decide which thread or board I'd be interested.

I like the weekly commitments that you put up, I'm not much of a daily poster. I do have other outside commitments that I'm trying to change.

Weekly Commitments:
          slimnfit150 is offline   Reply With Quote
          Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #6  
          Former Quitter

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mrs Quadcrew View Post
          I really like the daily commitments thread - I need to commmit more than once a week! (or is that be committed more than once a week??)
          Mrs Quadcrew, I'm glad you like the daily commitments thread. I can't begin to express how much it helps me to sign on each day and post how I'm doing and what I want to accomplish for the day. The accountability to those of you who participate on the thread really helps to keep me on track. I have absolutely no problem posting daily commitments again.
          Old 02-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #7  
          Former Quitter

Good morning, Everyone! Yes, I am posting a daily commitment on this weekly thread. It helps me to post a daily commitment. Please join in.

I must confess, I am having problems staying on-plan. The big Disney weekend has thrown me way off and I'm having a bit of a problem getting it together again. That old mentality of "I have to start all over" is rearing its ugly head. I'm not blaming hubby, but he really is not the supportive partner that he was previously. I think he has gotten bored with following Southbeach. Of course, he can stray off-plan frequently and still lose a ton of weight. Its really not fair, is it? He did go grocery shopping last night and bought items to make recipes from the SBD cookbook. So, maybe he is still with me on this. Either way, I can't base what I do on what he does. I have to make myself a priority and do this for me...regardless what he decides.

So, today's commitment - I will eat nothing that is not on my plan.
          Old 02-06-2007, 08:34 PM   #8  
          Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Rhonda,

Post away! Hope your day went according to plan! Yeah, the fact that men can lose weight almost effortlessly isn't fair. Alot about men vs. women isn't fair, like why we have cramps, why we have to do the laundry, etc etc. But ahh, I digress... Good for him though for going shopping and staying OP at the grocery store!

Today was a 4 star day for me. I didn't get up early enough to exercise this AM, but shockingly enough I did get in my exercise when I got home, which is RARE for me. I like to exercise in the AM when it's quiet and I'm the only one up. But I'm NOT a morning person at all, so it is a struggle. I will try again tomorrow.

My commitment for tonight... BED BY 10PM!
          SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
          Old 02-08-2007, 09:24 AM   #9  
          Former Quitter

Hi Everyone! I've been having problems getting into 3FC to post each day, so I've missed logging in my commitments.

I've hit a bump in my road here lately. I'm having a very very difficult time staying motivated. My goal was to be a little slimmer and more fit for my Disney trip. Now, the trip is over and I'm finding myself struggling to stay on-plan. And, I am really bored with my job. I'd like to find work outside of my home, but I want a job that I'd really love. Not even sure what that will be and I want to be a lot slimmer before I start the interview process or go back to school.

So, today's commitment - I need a short term goal to keep me motivated. I will think on this throughout the day and will find something that excites me. I'll let you know tomorrow what my goal will be.
          Old 02-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #10  

Height: 5.6

This is a great idea!!!

My current commitment is going to be to get through the weekend without destroying my progress - Sunday is my birthday and I am facing my first challenge at work tomorrow. I am doing really good with portion control - but I still have to make good food choices.......... Not so many carbs, etc.... Because I do love carbs - I really really love carbs... LOL

Anyways - have to stay on track - I have my weigh-in on the 16th - - - - I am staying focused on that.... I have not been on the scale in a month - I want this to be good....... I WANT I WANT I WANT LOL

Have a great day everyone!!!
          Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
          Old 02-09-2007, 12:37 AM   #11  

Question

Hi everyone. This is my first time on this site, and I am so glad that I stumbled upon it. I have battled my health for the last year: multiple hospitalizations for COPD, diabetes, and high blood pressure. I am 37, but my doctor says I will never be able to work again. My last dr's appointment was January 2nd, and I weighed 286 lbs. My blood sugar was 396, my blood pressure was stroke level, and I thought I was a goner. I decided then that I don't want to die. My boyfriend (who's diabetic, too) & I started South Beach 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I've lost 22 lbs., already & my fasting sugar was 179 this morning. I haven't been below 200 for more than 2 years! I feel hopeful for the first time in a long time, and wonder if there are others with medical conditions as serious as mine who have seen improvement in their health. I need to believe that if I work hard enough, I may be able to go back to work, to lose some of my 10+ prescriptions, to live to see my 13 year old graduate. My goal for this week is to exercise for 15 minutes every day. I haven't cheated on my plan for 3 weeks, but I still want to keep that up.
          nesiebug is offline   Reply With Quote
          Old 02-09-2007, 04:12 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

Hi all,

Rhonda - it's very difficult when you have to swim against the tide and eat foods that others in your life aren't really into and you have to watch them eating what they like. Who wouldn't struggle with that? It's also natural to have very difficult patches during your weight loss journey - I always just aim to eat maintenance cals during those times and not gain any weight - then when you do feel motivated again (and you will) you are not undoing any damage you're just picking up where you left off. Wish you well with it.

I haven't really posted in the daily committments thread before but I like the idea of a weekly committment. I sort of make one to myself most weeks anyway.

My committments this week are:

*To eat as healthily as I can this week (my kitchen is out of action at the moment and I really only have a microwave which doesn't inspire healthy living and it's a challenge but I've been doing OK so far - lots of fruit and microwaved veggies!)
          *To go to two groups classes a week (I exercise 6 days a week pretty intensively now but I've just discovered group exercise classes after two years of working out on my own!)
          * Catch up on sleep as lack of sleep is making me hungrier
          EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
          Old 02-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #13  
          Former Quitter

Good morning! Hope everyone is feeling is feeling motivated today.

Penney - I love carbs too! Hang in there...the scales are sure to cooperate on weigh-in day.
          Nesiebug - And congratulations on the low blood sugar! That is truly a victory. Have you taken a look at the Goal! forum? The stories of people who have reached their goals are truly inspiring. I think you will really enjoy reading Lilybelle's story. She has health problems that could have been a big obstacle to her success, but she overcame them. You can too.
          EM - Thanks for the encouraging words. This is truly the first time that I've persevered despite how I feel. I also need to get more sleep. This might be contributing to my blah feelings.

Well, I still havent settled on a short term goal yet. Can't think of anything that really excites me. I'll keep thinking on it. Hubby and I had a long talk last night regarding our commitment to ourselves and our family to get healthier. We have to keep reminding ourselves that this is not just a diet and this is not temporary. In order for us to both lose 100 lbs and keep it off, this has to be our lifestyle forever. We are both in agreement that this is a priority and we will get re-focused.

Today's commitment - Youngest daughter keeps telling me she want to take Karate. Oldest daughter says she likes volleyball and her PE teacher says she has talent. Today, I will begin looking into Karate classes and volleyball clubs. The kids need exercise too.