General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

Default standing naked in the rest/locker room-mini rant

i will goive you the lay of the land so you have an idea of why i was a little suprised.
at my gym when you go into the ladies locker/shower/steam/sauna/rest area you pass through 2 doors then on your right is blocked sucession are the showers , rest area with stalls and sinks, on the left is the steam and suana and then through another door is the locker area with benches, mirriors, and the scale
ok sooo when i went to rest room in my gym to blow my snotty nose (i hate cold weather) i turned the corner and came face to face with a pair of breasts. I have to say it was a rather odd expirence. now i am not a prude (usually) but it was an odd expirence going in to blow my nose and wash my hands when the lady in front of me is wearing nothing but a towl and applying lotion and mousse and taking up most of the counter/sink space...
I think i found this rather odd because i would expect it in the locker area but she was taking up the sink area and i had to ask her if she had the soap (they put out dispensers and they are not on the wall) and then i had to ask her if she minded if i washed my hands (her backpack was in the sink and her towels & clothes over the other ones)
all i ask is please be respectful of others when using a public rest room and think of the santiary conditions she was subjecting her stuff too..
ok i am done- anyone else encounter this?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

I went and looked at a gym once and it had a pool, hot tub and sauna.

I understand that there needs to be nudity in a locker room. But I expect it to be brief. The ladies at this gym just stood around. Naked. Talking. Naked. Needed a towel? They'd walk over and get it. Naked. If they wanted to fold their clothes. They'd do it before they'd put on their work out clothes. So they'd be naked.
These weren't hot young attractive women, they were older, not in the best of shape women.
I think many of them were from a different country originally, and I was just being a prudish American. So I think in the locker room, I could have come to grips with the enourmous amounts of nudity.

But they all got into the hot tub naked. To me, it just seemed these women were taking a giant public bath. Never would have thought of myself as a prude, but as it turns out...

I got a membership at another gym!
Old 02-05-2007, 06:42 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

the naked wouldnt bother me...its a locker room, but the taking up all kinds of space and both sinks is rude. control your area!

honestly I would find it weird to suit up for a hot tub in a female only area - do you know how quickly hot chlorine will eat spandex?
Old 02-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #4  

Quote:
These weren't hot young attractive women, they were older, not in the best of shape women.
Age and gravity happens to all of us. Would you have been less put off if it were young hotties who were naked?
Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I don't particularly care to see anybody running around naked in the locker room be it young old in-between, in shape out of shape whatever. I know that brief nudity does happen but I just can't stand there booty-butt-nekid and talk about the weather with another booty-butt-nekid woman. Ditto for being nekid in the hot tub . I don't even get in those suckers anymore after I caught a woman "pleasuring" herself on the jet stream in a club I belonged to in Tennessee.

Tiki
Old 02-05-2007, 10:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
Age and gravity happens to all of us. Would you have been less put off if it were young hotties who were naked?
Haha. I guess that did come out a little wrong. I'm equally uncomfortable with all nudity. I guess I just don't expect anyone but flawless super models to have the confidence to strut their stuff around the locker room. Kudos to any woman who is that comfortable with herself, I just am not.

Tiki - ew about the public hot tub solo pleasure.

Last edited by AmberD; 02-07-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #7  

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who gets oogied-out by the naked women walking around the locker room like they were in their own home.

I was just raised with a lot of modesty - I never saw anyone in my family naked. We came out of our rooms or the bathroom with tops & bottoms on - always. At the very least, towels wrapped tightly around ourselves.

I know that other people aren't as modest as I am in that way, but yeah. I can't help that it grosses me out. (And I have to admit, yeah, if the women looked like strippers I probably wouldn't mind so much, hahaha.. .go ahead, throw rotten tomatoes at me...)
Old 02-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #8  

Joining my local YMCA was a real revelation! I never knew so many women of every age, shape, weight, etc. loved to run around, bend over, chit-chat,whatever .... while naked as a jay-bird. I don't want to see ANY of it; I don't care if they look like a runway model or my late, great, chubby old Granny .... I just don't want to see it!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:48 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

I also find it off-putting... there have been a couple of times that I wished I had a hot poker to gouge out my eyes...

sitting naked and cutting your toenails is disgusting and wrong. do that at home thank you!
I have seen some things too disgusting to mention in detail but lets just say that if you're wearing a tampon and others know about it - you're doing something wrong. and in public!

Hubby has had similar experiences with the old men in the locker room standing around chatting it up too... all nekkid! He gets his stuff done as fast as he can and gets the heck outta there, and I do the same.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Nah Lizzy, don't poke your eyes out. Use the poker to beat some sense into someone else!

Tiki
Old 02-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #11  

Height: 5'9"

I try to change fairly quickly, but nudity really doesn't squick me out. The only time it really ever has was a few years ago (before I got all fat) when I travelled to Budapest and my boyfriend and I went to the famous Turkish baths. Absolutely everyone was naked. It was a total sea of naked people, swimming, in hot tubs, sunbathing, what have you. All shapes and sizes. We were a bit uncomfortable at first, but hey, when in Rome.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:31 AM   #12  
Addicted to potato salad!

Thank God you guys posted this..I used to think there was something wrong me ME or my self image that I don't like to walk around a locker room naked or like to see anyone else doing so. I mean, there's the quick trip from the shower to your locker and then you put your clothes on and get it over with. Me, though, I usually take my undies and bra to the shower and at least put on that much before parading around.

There was an instance in a YMCA locker room once where there was a kids swimming program going on and, hence, kids swarming the locker rooms...girls AND boys. There was this woman that was VERY large woman standing, drying her hair at one of the wall-mounted hair dryers (that are like the hand dryers)....butt to the wall with her naked front there for the world to see. It was creepy because she had this smile on her face as if she was really liking standing there naked and having everyone look at her. So, anyway, this little boy walks by and says, "Mommy, why is that lady so FAT?" and everyone was all offended that he mentioned that she was fat! Like, wasn't anyone offended by her actions standing around naked? The mother was apologizing to the naked woman!! I was totally appauled. The naked woman should have been apologizing to the kid's mom, in my opinion for such a provocative display of womanliness with little kids running around. Frankly, I thought she deserved a child's honest comment/opinion, standing around like that. She was creepy!!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #13  

This is going to sound mean but it seems like the erm.. less appealing looking someone is the more apt they are to let it all hang out here and there and sometimes everywhere. i mean, jeez, i know my body is gross, I can't even look at it, why the **** would I make strangers look at it? It's called hurry up and do your personal stuff at home where it belongs... *shudder*
Old 02-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

LOL!

I'm also one of the quick changers, and I'll use one of the gym's tiny towels to at least cover my bottom when going to the showers.

I wouldnt get into a hot tub either, esp. after that story about the woman pleasuring herself in it. Eew.

I'm always amazed and flabbergasted by the women that MUST put their make-up and do their hair completely naked. It does make you wonder what they're thinking. But to stand around like that with little boys running around, that is just pushing it (and I'm no prude but come on!).
Old 02-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #15  

Gak! How could I have missed that part of your post Tiki! Lucky for us we have co-ed clothing required hot tubs at our gym. Although there is Knucklebiter, as we've decided to call him. One day right there in front of everyone he kneeled facing the jets and sort of biting his knuckles and making a "hurts so good" kinda face. Do not know what that was about, do NOT want to know... but he wears a thread-bare speedo too which just makes it that much more EWful. *shudder*
Closed Thread