South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:47 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Beach Chat - February 5

Brrrrrrr! I can beat you all on temperatures! Today's prediction is -39 with the windchill! When it gets that low, C and F are nearly the same.

Today I'd planned to go to town for a bit of a pre-Florida shop but I think I'll just stay home and cozy in with the Doggage and the woodstove. The Girls are always extra-cuddly when it's this cold. They aren't really cold - just some primitive fear that I'll kick them out of the cave, I guess.

I'm booting my own butt today because I did not eat properly yesterday! During the stress of the water crisis, I was fine but yesterday was terrible. Let's just say Scotch and popcorn were involved. Too bad I don't have a rewind button. Back on track today with clean eating.

What's happening in your life today? Stay safe and warm.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:06 AM   #2  

Ruth Don't beat yourself up too much- you had a stressful weekend! Back on track today, my dear!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-05-2007, 07:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
We're at -1 with a wind chill factor of -7, no where near where you are, Ruth, but cold enough just the same! Global warming? Are they sure????

I'm leaving shortly for an early morning hair appt., which I need badly. I just hope I get out of there in time to run clear across town to get an errand done before it's time to pick up the girls from school. Audrey always has 1/2 days on Mondays and Fridays. I don't have plans yet for what we're going to do today, but it WILL involve staying indoors!

Kiko, our soup sounds like just the thing this week, with these freezing temps! Too bad I won't have time to make it today.

Time to jet out of here for now, I have to warm up the car!
Old 02-05-2007, 07:27 AM   #4  

Ruth you have me beat...but not by much. It is -9 right now with a windchill of -26 here in Chicago. And to make matters worse, for whatever reason my heat has not kicked on since yesterday morning. I'm sitting here typing in gloves and wrapped in a blanket. I will be calling the landlord this morning. I'm not looking forward to waiting for the bus!

Mornin' Kiko

The scale showed another 1lb loss...but I'm not going to make it offical until Thursday, my weigh-in day. Hopefully I can keep it off.

Well, the shower has been steaming up for 15 minutes. I'm gonna jump in and warm up.

Stay warm and safe, ladies :hugs:
Old 02-05-2007, 07:28 AM   #5  

Cottage We were posting at the same time...Mornin'!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #6  

Good Morning, Anna, I hope you are warming up by now! Get that landlord out of his warm bed and out there to fix your heat STAT!

I was halfway to my hairdresser's when she called me to say she woke up with a sore throat and headache and had to cancel her appointments today. She rescheduled me for Wednesday, hopefully she'll be feeling better by then. At least now I'll have time to get my other errand done before I get the girls from school.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #7  

Ahhhh, that's better! Youse Nawthinahs need to keep them fridgid temps from creepin down heya in the South!! It's 22 here, with a realfeel of 15.... (I know I know a virtual heatwave compared to some eh?)
Ruth: I think I'll join you. The land developer called earlier to cancel a walkabout on the property "due to the weather"..(men are such weenies ). Casey and Darby sooo look forward to their daily walk..so I'll bundle up and brave it - but then I'll stay put in my nest.

Cottage: A fresh cut or new dooo always makes me feel "pretty"! Today I think I'll dye my naturally brown hair - naturally brown

Kiko: Ok , I give ..What's "our soup"

Anna: Grrrrrrr on the Brrrrrrrrr ! If that landlord doesnt fix yer heat...

Ok Gals -going over to the recipe section..I need something new to try... Maybe Jetsetters Scampi or something else tonight!

Keep yer Tootsies Toasty!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Morning All.

Ruth: Hurray for you getting water again. I am very happy for you about that. As far as for your weather there. Please keep it north.

Kiko: Hi kid.

Cottage: Are you going to get it cut short or what? Interested as I am debating on how short to go with my hair, being I swim 4 days a week.

Anna: You can keep it off plus more by Thursday. New week, new start. When will they fix your heater?

Schatzi...They don't call men "The Weaker Sex" for nothing ! Your area is too cold for me too...sorry girls.

As far as for me: I celebrated my 13 lb. loss by going to Chinese Buffet...has taken me a week to get back to my 13 lbs...no more CB. But it was sooooooo good!

Plans on cleaning another 45 Strawberry plants today. Then that one bed will be done...Starting another bed soon. We love fresh strawberries on those waffles DH fixes on Sunday.

I'll be back later to check on the rest of you. Hugs
Old 02-05-2007, 03:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon!

Scotch and popcorn.... interesting combination! I can't say anything though... last night I was completely off of SB and the scale is yelling at me this morning. I don't even know why I ate all of that stuff last night... But, I am eating right today (veggies, protien, dairy, and lots of water). I am feeling better as the day goes on.

Hope everyone is staying warm!
Old 02-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #10  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Morning!

It's actually pretty warm here today: -7 Celsius and snowing and oh so pretty!

I had a 1# loss last week; I think it's time to refocus and work harder, because I'm really not getting the results I wanted! This week I'll focus on cutting down on sodium and fat.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 02-05-2007, 04:03 PM   #11  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

A cold good afternoon to you all--

Boy is it ever cold. Schools were closed today because it is O degrees. Can you imagine? I use to have to walk to shcool in the freezing snow (up the hill both ways) when I was a kid. I think the whole 12 years I went we only closed 2 times. If it weren't for the blizzard of 76 we would have had only 1 snow day.

Today at work was fun--We had to close down the infant/toddler house because the alarm was going off which made the gas heat go off. We had to call all the parents and tell them the babies could not come to daycare. It seems that the wires froze. The alarm company could not come out because they had to get the nursing homes operationing before they could worry about the daycares.

Hopefully we will be operating by tomarrow.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #12  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Evening, y'all. This is going to be one long, slow, boring week. I haven't had a CAD class in over 10 years and have only dinked around a little bit since then, but I remember a lot more about what to do than I thought. It's just the processes that have changed...we're using different software than what I learned with.

We broke out of freezing for the 2nd day in a row. I feel guilty complaining about being chilly with the rest of you guys freezing! STAY WARM!!

I'm down another pound since Saturday. Gotta love this steady losing stuff!!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #13  

Oh boy did I ever blow it today! The girls and I made Monkey Bread this afternoon, and I couldn't keep my fingers out of it, it was so good and hit the spot on this cold winter day. After pigging out on that, my first thought was, oh well, the day is shot, I may as well eat whatever I want. But I'm happy to say that except for that one episode of backsliding, I've stayed completely OP the rest of the day, but it's taking an awful lot of willpower!

Lubajo, I wear my hair short, in a wonderful "European wedge" cut that works well for me. I don't have time or patience to fuss with my hair, but my job as a nanny for a high-profile family requires me to look good at all times, so this style is great. I just get it trimmed and colored every 5-6 weeks. In the summer we're in the pool every day, and all I have to do is comb through my wet hair with my fingers and fluff it a bit, and I'm good to go!

Schatzi, Kiko is referring to "our" favorite soup, The Fireside White Bean & Sausage Soup, that we both adore. We both make that soup on a regular basis!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Cottage, now all I have to figure out is What is a
European Wedge? I will ask my hair dresser tomorrow...I do have a small hair piece to wear on top when I get it cut really short and want to dress it up abit.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #15  

Evening ladies,

Schatzers If you haven't made that soup, you must! It is cheap, filling, and oh so tasty.

Jet That is so exciting that you lost another pound. You will be in one-derland before you know it.

Cottage I am so impressed that you didn't blow your whole day. I am notorious for doing that. Both of my girls LOVE monkey bread- that is a special treat they make with Gammy. (my mom)

Stinger Are you in Ohio? I cannot remember...

Ridiculous Ain't nuthin wrong with a 1 pounds loss. Slow and steady....

Lubajo Do you make the waffles from the breakfast section? Fresh strawberries sound divine!

Shenanigans Good for getting right back on track today!!

ME- Not much to report, I am beat and am heading to bed soon. I have my women's Bible study tomorrow night and need to finish up my reading. Other than that- OP day here, actually didn't eat a whole lot.

Have a nice night gals!
Closed Thread