Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Smile WELCOME! Thin Wannabee's weekly chit-chat (Week of 2/5 thru 2/11)

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

It’s 2007! Come join our weekly chit-chat! We look forward to meeting YOU!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group
Old 02-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #2  
CJ

OK everyone - another week so let's go! Let's make this a chatty week for sure! Hope everyone had a great weekend and here's to a great week ahead!

I'll check back later ...
Love, CJ
Old 02-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Talking Way to go Colts!

THE COLTS WON THE SUPERBOWL! YEAH!!

Can anyone tell I'm excited?? lol. Anyway, it's been bitterly cold here. There was a two hour delay for the schools around in this area as well as several around the Indy area today. Possibly again tomorrow. The temp last night was -2, with the widchill making it feel like -19 when I went to bed around 2 am. I played hooky from work because 1) I got up late (set the alarm for 6 pm rather than 6 am and got up after 7), 2) just didn't feel like going into the place after last week (a long story i will share later) and 3) my cat had her kittens today. Didn't want to leave mom with no way to get the cat to the vet if there was trouble. As of right now, we have 5, with maybe a 6th one still on the way. Not sure yet. Oh yeah, of course, the car didn't want to start this morning, either. Finally got it going but by then the cat was having the babies. Oh well, they'll survive without me. They have made that perfectly clear to me in the past, and again last week.

Got to run for now. talk to you all later.

Kim
Old 02-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello All,
Well, I just took these pictures yesterday morning of the front of our house. So needless to say I haven't been able to get the stroller out at all! Right now in town they barely have room for cars on the road and most of sidewalks are still covered! But I did walk the 3 miles Super Fat Burning work out this morning. And I want to get the 1 mile Get up and get started and the 2 mile High Calorie burn done this afternoon. When I get that done I will have done 6 miles today!

We do have about 50 degrees here today and that is supposed to continue for hte next couple days when we have another storm coming in! At this rate it will be June before all the snow melts here!

Well, you all have a good day and I'll check back later to see what's going on with everyone! Karen

Last edited by Karen31; 03-17-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/170/158

Height: 5'9"

I miss the snow! Not the cold tho! The colts won, but what a weird game! So may turn overs! Kept it interesting! ok being good except tomorrow night to take my baby to dinner for her 1st birthday. Tradition! She will not remember it, but I will! my parents always let us pick for our birthday, but the cool part is I get to pick this time extra fat! Working out tonight!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #6  

Snow or cold? Which would I rather have? It snowed about 3 or 4 inches today, but not quite as cold right now. Tomorrow, it's supposed to get cold again. So, again I ask, do I want cold or snow?? How about neither!! lol. Spring, hurry up!!

I went out on a 'date' last night. A guy I had met last summer, and have been talking to on the phone a couple times a week since then, met me at Fazoli's. We had dinner, than sat in the restaurant for about 3 hours talking. Afterwards, we went to Lowe's and Wal-mart because I mentioned I had to run a few errands after our 'date' and he said he would like to go with me so he could spend more time with me. Never have enjoyed walking around Lowe's quite so much!

He was also such a gentleman. Opening and holding doors for me. Even refilling my pop at the restaurant. It was a nice change to feel pampered. He wants to take me out again this weekend on a 'real' date. To him, that's picking the lady up at her house, taking her to a nice restaurant (that means dressing up--yuck), and then a show or dancing, or whatever I would like to do. We'll see, specially if that means I would have to wear a dress. lol.

When our date was over, he walked me to my car, opened the door for me, and gave me a hug. Didn't even try to kiss me, which I think is good. lol.

Now, I can't wait until this weekend, and trying to decide what would be nice to do after dinner.

Guess that it for now. Have a nice week and try and stay warm.

Kim
Old 02-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #7  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

Kim,

Congrats on an awesome date. Sometimes I really do miss the excitement of first dates and getting to know someone new. But, I wouldn't trade my DH for anything. We're going to go on a real "date" for Valentine's. I'm taking the baby to my folks house and so he's going to come "pick me up" for our date at their house. It'll be so sweet. Anyway, congrats! There's nothing that feels quite like a great first date!

Mary
Old 02-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #8  
CJ

Hi everyone. Gosh it's Wednesday already! I didn't mean to stay away so long ... very hectic week and it's going so fast!

Kim:
Wowee - sounds like a very nice date you had there. I'm so glad for you. Can't wait to hear about your next one this weekend. Keep us posted. I know what you mean about the snow and cold .. I can handle the snow but when the temps get below 0 with windchills I can't stand that at all ... makes the snow crunchy and I hate crunchy snow - lol

Karen:
Hey your snow looks like our snow! Except, we have the below 0 temps -- but we are suppose to have a heat wave this week .. we are suppose to get to 16 degrees instead of 3 below 0 ... and that is actual - windchill is at 28below 0! Good job on your excercise!

Princess:
How did your dinner go with your 1 yr old's birthday? I hope you enjoyed it and ate everything your heart desired!

4me4ben:
Glad to have you posting in the chit chat with us! Hope you have a really great "date" with hubby on Valentine's day. Oh, congrats on your 1 lb down!

Well, until tomorrow ...

Love, CJ
Old 02-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #9  
Lil' Momma

S/C/G: 180/173/115

*WARNING-GRIPEY WOMAN POSTING*

I'm just having one of those days y'all. The kids at school are driving me crazy. I teach music to 300+ elementary children a day. I have 30 kindergarteners at a time and they're beating me. It's a battle of wills and trust me, I'm on the losing end.

My monthly visitor is here.

My husband is totally unmotivated to get my baby's room done and he's about to be 4 months old. He's still sleeping in our room in a play pen. We have a room full of beautiful furniture for him just sitting at my parents house going to waste.

It's Thursday. Thursday's are bad days for me. I teach 2 flute lessons after school and then go to graduate school from 6-9. Then it's an hour back home. So, it's 10pm by the time I get home. Usually my sweet boy has not behaved for my DH so I come home to a frustrated, moody husband and a screaming baby.

It's just not my day people. Sorry, had to vent.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #10  

4me4ben4will - Vent that is what other women are for! too listen! Men and babies... fun!
Kim congrats on your date! So awesome! I miss that sometimes! Being a single mom I don't get the chance, but it sounds like you had a great time!
My daughters birthday dinner tanked. She was grouchy! Her party is sunday so hopefully that will go better, but it is calling for rain that day of course and it is at the park! Thanks!
Old 02-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #11  

4me4ben4will--Go ahead and vent all you want! We all do that at one time of another here. I do not envy you in regards to teaching the kids some days. I know one can be a handful, and don't think I would like to find out about 30 at a time. Chin up, it's got to get better!!

aprincessj00--Sorry to hear the birthday dinner didn't go so well. Hopefully the party goes better. I don't like having my daughter's parties at the park. Her birthday is in September, and it never fails to be miserably hot and humid, plus it seems all the bees in the neighborhood are at that park that day. My house is too small to have more than a couple people over, so it's either the park or rent some place. I really do hope it turns out to be fun for all that day. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:26 PM   #12  

Kim,

Thanks will let you know Monday how it goes. After all this is Sunny San Diego CA!.... I hope!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:39 PM   #13  
CJ

Hi everyone! Just popping in for a quick hi. Not much new here - still knitting away on my baby blankets! Been doing pretty well this week on my eating properly ... I get weighed at Curves on Monday so hope it will be good.

princess:
Hope your party on Sunday turns out great and the rain stays away til it's over. At least you're where it is warm and not 0 degrees & lower! lol ...

4me4ben:
Rant away girl ... that is allowable! You so deserve it -- I hope things are better for you now.

Sharon:
Where are you girlfriend? Come and post when you can. I think I will be mailing Tracey's blanket on Monday so hopefull it will get there for her to open at her shower! Wish I could be there!

Well - I know it's early but hubby has gone to bed already (he's nursing an infected tooth and the medicine makes him tired) so I think I'll just slip in under the blankets and watch a little tv (probably fall asleep) .. talk to ya all later - maybe tomorrow.

later...
Love, CJ
Old 02-10-2007, 02:56 AM   #14  

Unhappy

Well, it looks as if I'm not going out on a date Sat. evening.

After the date Monday, and a follow up phone call and chat online, I really thought Ryan wanted to go out. He said he would call me Thursday to make the plans, but no phone call. I even broke down and tried calling. All I got was his voice mail so I left a message along the lines of "Just calling to chat, and give me a call back" kind of message. This is the part I hate about meeting a guy. If he doesn't want to go out again, just tell me. I would much rather of heard Mon. evening something like "I enjoyed dinner, but I don't think I'm interested" instead of "let's get together again."

He's the one that started the chat the other day, and mentioned how he would like to go out, so what would that lead anyone else to think??

Maybe I'm just being too paranoid? Me, paranoid? Never!! lol.

Well, I'm not going to sit around waiting for him to call Saturday. A friend from work inviting me out with her and her husband and some other friends. If I don't hear from Ryan, I'll just go out to the American Legion and enjoy some time with her and my other friends. It'll be his loss.

Kim
Closed Thread