Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 11:08 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at Home Mom's #31

STAY AT HOME MOM'S #31
GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!!

Welcome to a thread full of humor, encouragement, friendship & fellowship, as we share the ups & downs of raising a family & losing weight! We welcome all new friends & our returning friends too!!

Be sure to go back and check out the Stay At Home Mom's #30 thread to see what has been going on in everyone's lives & meet our newcomers.

Ginny

Old 01-31-2002, 11:22 PM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
This is great! We are going into a new thread every couple of days. It is good that it is so busy.
Lilbit- sounds like you are doing well with your eating, especially with eating out. Hope that you got motivated at last, especially after those 3 cups of Earl Grey. ( I am a tea drinker too!!!!)
Spryng- I think I have mentioned before that the body can go into a starvation mode or sorts, when calories are cut a lot (anyone else ever heard of it?). It is just when the metabolism slows down a bit to hold onto the fat stores that are in the body.
WW advises increasing the excercise when you hit a plateau- even 15 minutes a day helps. Great for you that you are feeling so well and that turning down bad foods is almost effortless (I love it when I am that locked in!). You are doing great, the weight will come off!!!!
CDM- sounds as though you have found an eating plan for yourself! And one that seems reasonable and will work.
No problem with the lack of a scale. As long as you feel good and get to a weight that feels good and you are happy with, the actual weight is almost irrelevant! Keep up the good work!
Jackie- I am so glad to hear from you! Glad that you are feeling better too! Keep an eye on that cough and take care of yourself.
Yes, I know that Gary really likes the house clean, but please take the time that you need to get well. All those wonderful little dust mites will wait for you (of course, they will invite some friends to join them while they are waiting ). Enjoy the quiet house too.

Quiet house????? What's that????? My house was a zoo today, with 3 kids who were all bored. And boredom really brings out the best in kids personalities, eh? Well, we survived it,and had a few laughs too.
No walk today , I will have to make up for it tomorrow.
I am off to twinkie land now, time for some rest.
See ya tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 01-31-2002, 11:38 PM   #3  

Default hi everyone

Well I sure got my exercise today!! We got about 10 inches of the heaviest snow last night. I decided to go out and clear the drive way - oh wow!! Now that was exercise! I have never lifted such heavy snow! My eating was ok today I get through the day ok I really like the slim fast - cause its chocolate! By around 3 I feel starved though! Then I made dinner which was very yummy tonight baked chicken, corn, stuffing, gravy
but oops - I over did it on the gravy! Next time I dont think I will even make it, it tasted so good but we really did'nt need it! Wont it be nice when its Summer? I cant wait to take my girls for walks and bike rides - its exercise, its free, and my 4 year old will love the time together OUTSIDE!! I think I have a bad case of "cabin fever". Well have a good evening, I am off to bed.
BYE
Old 01-31-2002, 11:44 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Hey CDM!
Send some snow my way,eh? (sounded so pretty!!!!!!!)
All we got was ice.
Nitey, nite!
Ginny
Old 02-01-2002, 10:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning everyone! The sun has finally decided to pop back out today!! It's freezing out there but gives the illusion of warmth.
I increased my calories yesterday and lost 1/2 a lb!! I'm almost to 133. I ended the day at almost 1200 cals. (I had a big mac and fries too, so that's pretty good.) Does anyone know if there is more calories in tuna or chicken breasts?? I don't have a can of tuna to compare it to.
I'm glad to see so many posts again!! It sounds like everyone is doing really good today. I'll check back in later to see how everyone's day was.
Old 02-01-2002, 01:36 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, I thought that today was going to be so sane.......and now it has become a bit out of control. A former neighbor of ours passed away (we were not all that close, but I see his wife in town from time to time) so I am going to the viewing this afternoon. Then I just got a call from work......... so I have to do write modifications to a procedure to them and quick email that in. And then I have to go pay Dh's speeding ticket (he is too angry about it to do it himself , as a matter of fact refuses to even drive thru that town because he is so annoyed! So, my nice peaceful afternoon of wallpapering............going, going, gone, goodbye!!!!!!!
It is misting out here now, so when the sun comes out(and they say it should) I am going to get a walk in!! I will! I will!

Spryng- I am not sure about the calorie thing. I that if the tuna is water packed, a 3 oz serving is probably less than chicken breast. But, I doubt that the difference is much (like 20 calories or something like that). Glad to hear that you ate a few more calories yesterday. We want you to stay healthy too! And a big congrats on losing that pound. You are doing great.
Gotta go and do that email.
"See" ya later!
Ginny
Old 02-01-2002, 02:59 PM   #7  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Hi everyone! How are ya all? Hope hings are getting lined out for you there Ginny. Glad to hear you added some cals Spryng. I'm not sure about difference in cals there, but I'm with Ginny it can't be much. While I'm here... Hope you don't mind. I'll voice alittle concern, sorry in advance. I just got worried about you and your low cals. I care is all. Are you taking a vitamin? It really is important. I was just reading about all these low cal diets and the side effects it can have on us (women). It was scarey. It totally changed my feelings. I will be sure and take my vitamin after seeing it. I'm going to do some more research on the subject, tonight if I get time. I'm curious what my cal intake should be, to be healthy and still lose weight. Anyone know how to figure this out? Please Spryng be careful, and I hope I didn't make you mad. With all that said, I'm doing very well today with the diet. Exercise has been poor today though. I've been so lazy if that is possible with these youngin's. I don't know what is the matter with me! Usually I'm the first person up in the morn' and a busy body all day. But here lately I'm doing just the opposite. I just feel pooped! Oh and another thing I realized (brought to my attention by my Dh) I'm drinking way to much diet soda. Almost 4 a day! Wow! That has to change. CMD I hope your moving is moving along well. And Jackie, get better soon we miss you! Have a great day! Misti
Old 02-01-2002, 06:26 PM   #8  

Good evening everyone!!

Sorry to hear your day has been so crazy Ginny! I really feel for you. Life can be so stressful sometimes.
You didn't hurt my feeling or anything Misti. I'm pleased that you care about me and my health!! Yes I do take a multivitamin every day and extra vitamin C to keep my immune system healthy. Dieting can make you more prone to sickness. So I take an extra 1000 mg a day. I know that low cal like I have been doing isn't the healthiest way for some but it is for me. I eat three meals a day and a snack they are just low cal versions of everything. Except dinners sometimes. I may eat a tuna or hamburger helper that I love. But all in all I eat plenty!! Really I do! I'm going to keep my cals at 1000 now. As close to it as possible. I'm most comfortable there. But I promise to be careful. I'm just ready to shed this weight and start maintaining. You know?? But as slow as I am losing I don't think I'll have these 4 lbs off by Feb 14. But that's ok. At least I know I'm doing it right.
And I do know several sites that you can go to to see how many cals you need a day to lose 1-2 lbs a week. You can go to www.ediets.com and take their free assesment test. It's very good. Then you don't have to sign up!! Or you can go to www.foodfit.com and take one there. Let me know if those didn't work for you ok? ediets said I should be at 1400 to 1500 cals a day to lose 1 lb a week. That's why I figure 1000-1100 will get me to lose 2 lbs a week. Even though I haven't lost two lbs in a week in a long time now. I'm scared to go up more cals and not lose anymore for several weeks.
Well, I hope I was some help and thanks fr being concerned but really I'm drinking my 8-10 glasses of water each day, no sugar, multi-vitamin, and three meals plus snack. I think I'm fine. But I will take your advice and be careful. Thank you so much!
Old 02-01-2002, 09:02 PM   #9  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Glad to know I didn't make you mad Spryng. I read those articals and began to worry if I was getting enough too. It sounds like you are, with 3 meals and all. I really think you are doing great with your weight loss you have came along way. It's hard, I really know. But it's never worth hurting our bodies over. Ok, I'm done But I'm so glad you're not mad. I really just care is all. Now, I had a pretty good day. Dd's 1 and 2 were both good. Dh has been kinda edgey though (taxes). I did well with my diet, but the exercise is still kinda in a slump. I guess I should get to bed. Nghty nite!
Old 02-01-2002, 11:16 PM   #10  

Thanks again Misti for caring!! I appreciate what you said and I'm glad you felt the need to tell me. That means that this *support* site is doing it's job!! Believe me, I couldn't do any diet without friends to lean on and/or support. And I find all of you to be very special friends.
I'll see you girls tomorrow!
Old 02-02-2002, 09:22 AM   #11  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Spryng and Misti~ what a nice conversation you had going. (now I am here to mess it all up!). But, Spryng, I hope that you will put me in with Misti. I think I might have come down a bit heavy handed on your calorie count, and I do hope that you know it was only because I care and do not want to see anyone get sick.
We all face the toughest and most important job in the world, shaping the next generation -being mothers, and should be as healthy as we can be to do that job well!

Spryng~glad that you are taking your vitamins! I like the ediet site too, and their daily emails can be useful and encouraging.
Don't be hard on yourself with having the 4 pounds off my 2/14.
Really, the challenge to get off 5 # is meant as a kick start for us all, something to help get our minds focusing on weight loss with a bit more seriousness. Your mindset is already there. And those 4 # will come off! You are doing great.

Misti~ aren't income taxes fun????? Can't do ours yet, we are still missing one form. Sorry that your Dh is stressed out about it.
Hopefully he will not take it out too much on your and your family.
Feel free to unload on us here if need be, that is why we are here!

I have another busy day ahead. Ds has a basketball game (and I have to man the admission table). Dh went off early to his parents house to help with some repairs, and hopefully will be done in time to meet us there.
I had better go and unload the dishwasher- then off for a walk.
Have a great day/weekend!
Ginny
Old 02-02-2002, 12:41 PM   #12  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! Things around here are pretty slow, they usually are on Saturdays though. We put in long days all week farming and sorda shut down on the weekends. Dh is hanging in there with the taxes. All he asked was to keep the kids out of the office while he tried to concentrate last night. It wasn't to difficult. Hope yours come out better than ours are Ginny. We need to get an accountant. Dh insists he can do it although they get more and more difficult each year with the farm and all. Anyhow, I'm having urges to raid the fridge. So I decided to come post. It's boredum. Kids are down for a nap, Dh is off planning a trip to MD next week and I'm trying to find something to occupy myself with. Well, guess I'd better get have a goo day
Old 02-02-2002, 03:17 PM   #13  

Good afternoon everyone!!! I am in a great mood today!! we finally have all of our tax stuff together so that is done. (we take ours to professionals. ) And my Dh went and bought my anniversary present!! A new fender guitar!!! I have wanted one for so long!! I will get it tonight. I can't wait!!
My day started off rocky though. I put aside a burrito for me for lunch today and while I was getting some groceries DH fed it to the kids. So I was a little upset. He knew I was saving it. But it's just food right?? So I had a healthy choice pizza. They are really good. So I felt better after I ate. It's just one of those days sometimes but it has brightened up alot. First when I checked the mail and saw our last W2 form in there and when my DH called to tell me he was buying my gift. I think he was sucking up but that's ok, it worked!!
OK, this is day two of potty training my 2 year old. I need advice!!! After I put training pants on her yesterday she wouldn't go to the bathroom at all. She held it in for 5 hours!! Then found a place in her room and peed on the carpet. I can't get her to pee not even once in her potty. What do I do?? I know she is ready. I just have no clue how to start. Those of you that have succeeded please give me some helpful advice. I'm ready to put diapers back on her and call it quits.
I weighed this morning and still 134. but I must be losing inches because my jeans are feeling more comfortable. I have a feeling I might be 133 by tomorrow. Hopefully.
Thank you Ginny for caring also. I am very careful with my diet and am trying to increase calories. Just not by alot. I'm comfortable at 1000. But don't worry. I'm not being hard on myself about these 4 lbs. I know I won't be at 130 by feb 14 and that's ok for me. I'm in the size of my dreams and that does it for me. So even if it takes me three months to get four lbs off that's ok because my size 8 fits great and that's all that matters. You guys really help me have a positive attitude toward all that.
Well I'm off to search the net for guitar tabs. talk to you later!!
Old 02-02-2002, 03:39 PM   #14  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Wink Hi Again!!!!!

Hey Spryng, what kind of music are you interested in? My Dh plays and I pick alittle. He has found alot of really good tab sites. We like everything, I can play a few of Jewel's songs. He plays mostly bluegrass, Alison Krauss and the Union Station Band. Dh has 2 Fenders. They make a great guitar. I have my moms very old Fender. It's sentimental, I never play it. Well glad you are having a great day! I'm still trying to avoid the fridge Have a goo day!!!
Old 02-02-2002, 03:42 PM   #15  

Hi misti!! I would love to play jewel! Can you tell me what tab sites you use? I am searching everywhere for some good ones. I also like alternative that has alot of guitar and some older rock like white lion and skid row and such. But I like just about every type of music out there.
Closed Thread