Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 08:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #1092

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.
We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #2  

Smile

Hello All,

Sorry I didn't get chance to post over the weekend. It seems a lot of you carried on without me and there is no way I am going to catch up on posts, so my apologies

I had a good WI this morning, I lost 3 lbs I'm going to go and change my ticker and then I am off to do my daily exercise. Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-05-2007, 08:50 AM   #3  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Morning! Don't have a lot of time just now; I want to ramble more later though. One thing before I go:
TWO TOWN
Old 02-05-2007, 09:04 AM   #4  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

WAY TO GO COLTS!!
What a great Super Bowl Sunday. My team won!!!
And, I was op. It's amazing how easy it is to be op when you don't have any junk in the house. I made a huge veggie tray with NO dip! And I made a huge pot of chili with ground turkey. I don't like it as much as chili with ground beef, but the turkey was on 79 cents a
pound and 97% lean. So, it's ok. I did have some frozen then baked mozz sticks (only 4 little ones) and frozen (then baked) battered mushrooms (only 3). So, that's pretty darn good for our house. DH resisted buying chips and I was so proud of him. I can stay away from chips and even not buy them. But if he buys them and they're in the house, I'm doomed. And he's terrible about chips, so I was really really proud of him.
It's -8 here today before wind chill and DH's battery was dead in his car this morning. So, I told him to take my car and I stayed home. I didn't even think of taking him and then picking him up tonight. So, I'll use the day to finish up some sewing and just mess around. It'll be a great day. And, since there's no junk in the house, I'll be op again.
I'll come back for personals later on. I just had to share that I was op for the super bowl. It;s the first time ever!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #5  

Amy - welcome to TWOTOWN, that is brilliant news

Sandy - I am so pleased to hear how you really enjoyed watching the Superbowl even without the usual junk food! That really is a lifestyle change I am glad your team won too, it made it the perfect day for you didn't it!

Sorry it's so cold there, it's pretty chilly here too, but not below zero or anything so I mustn't grumble! I hope you enjoy your unscheduled day off, who knows, you might get some nice emails written HINT HINT

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #6  

congratulations on tnhe losses ladies! i must say i am struggling lately but will do better. i am fixing to go read a better life diet book and get reinspired!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #7  

Ammi! Look at you go! : You look MAAAVOLUS dahling!

AMY! - a BIG to two town!!!

Sandy: You did so well with you superbowl snacking! WTG!

Patti: Hang in there girl! You'll get there!

Look! I replied to everyone on the thread! This is probably the only time I'll manage that!

I had a hungry day yesterday. I was just starving all day. Still, I only went into my flex points a bit and I have 20 left for the week, so all is good. I made apple pie yesterday and ate 10 points worth! But I also made vegetable soup, so that made up for it I'd say. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical again this morning. And a few minutes I got on the scale and IT'S UP THREE POUNDS! I SO don't understand my body. We'll see what the scale says on Wednesday.

Better post this before other people do and I'm no longer replying to everyone on the thread!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #8  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Maintained again today - yawn quite boring now! I am having fun relaxing about food and knowing I can eat what I want (really truly) when I want is great, but I am hoping the swimming and gymming will help burn pounds off.

Well done ammi, i really am stunned by your losses but I guess u are really committed to both WW and exercising, so I guess u are proof it can pay off!!You've done great to do that the week after losing 100.

Everyone else who has lost - well done.

Sandy good 4 u not indulging, and I bet u enjoyed your day better and had more energy yeah?

Hope u had a good monday, I got some good work done on my essays so am pleased with that, might swim later but not sure, tired today!!

Em
Old 02-05-2007, 10:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Great losses Ammi and Amy! Amy, two town is terrific!!

I am so tired of the cold! Yesterday we had a close call -- the water pipe to the laundry room almost froze!! It's inside the house, but we had closed off the room and I guess it got cold enough. That's what happens when it's -10 overnight! Oh, that's -10 fahrenheit! It's been REALLY cold
Old 02-05-2007, 10:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Ammi: Congrats on another -3! you are doing so well. I am soooo happy for you! You go girl!

Amy: Congrats on getting to 2 Town! What a wonderful victory! Great job.

Sandy: Good for you staying op during Superbowl. We always have a huge party with tons of snacks but this year we didn't do that so I can't really claim a victory. lol. I did stay op so it is kind of a victory. Congrats on the Colts win also. Tony Dungee sure deserves that ring!

Patti: Hang in there. Just keep pluggin along. Maybe you could get some inspiration by going back, way back to when you first started and see how far you have come. Read some of your old posts. Maybe it will help some.

Lilion: So sorry you are up a bit. Maybe you shouldn't weigh so much? I don't know just a thought. I'm sure you will be back down on Wednesday. Good luck.

Emily: Great job staying the same and not gaining. I'm sure the exercise will help you loose.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 02-05-2007, 11:14 AM   #11  

No Annie - you are absolutely right. It gives me such a boost when it's down, but when it's up. I REALLY should just try to forget that scale is even here! Addiction is a sad thing. I am a scale addict, no doubt.
I hope you had a good weekend and are having a pleasant Monday!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Not sure what my weight is right now, but will check that on Wednesday(my weigh-in day).

Good luck to everyone this week and hope you all stay warm...here in Southern Ontario, Canada it is horrible today....sunny, but blowing snow and very cold.... -17ºC (1ºF) with a wind chill of -30ºC (-22ºF)
Old 02-05-2007, 11:32 AM   #13  

thanks for the advice Annie i will give it a try
Old 02-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #14  

Patti - it must be really difficult to stay motivated to diet and exercise when the exercising part is so darn painful. I hope you are getting at least some arm work outs using the Wii

Lilion - I can just imagine you saying "your look MAAAVOLUS dahling!" for the compliments

Now for that scale addiction, it's time to call in the troops. Weigh on your normal weighing in day and then get your hubby to hide the scales!! Seriously, if it helps and doesn't end up with you threatening divorce if he doesn't tell you where they are, then I would do it. I know it's great when you see the scales go down, but on those days when just normal fluid fluctuations have you seeing a gain it's really depressing. That's why I only weigh once a week. When I have done it I put the scales up in my wardrobe and leave them there. It's definitely the best thing to do. I'm sorry you did see a gain today but I bet it will be gone by your offical WI

Em - yes I am very committed to my exercise and WW, they both work well for me thank goodness! I do worry if I will still have the will power to be so committed the first week I see a gain that I didn't deserve, or hit a plateau!

Sorry that you didn't see a loss this week, but at least you have the knowledge that you can eat what you want, and not gain! I am sure if you keep up with the exercise you will soon start losing those lbs, and all while not following a diet, how cool is that

Heather - I tell you what, on days like you and some of the others are having, with the bitterly cold temps, it's hard to believe we are in the midst of global warming. Stay warm and I hope all your pipes stay unfrozen

Annie - thanks for the congrats

KnCmamma - good luck with you WI on Wednesday, and stay warm. It sure is icy there!!!

Nancy, Brenda, Zelma, Katt, Lori, Sandy, Erika Leigh, Michelle, Valerie, Crystal, Sharon, Amy, Kymberly, Kenya, Missy, Xena, and all the other chicks and any lurking roosters hope all is well.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #15  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

AMy~ CONGRATS on 2-town. That's awesome!!

Lilion, Stay off that scale except for once a week. The daily ups and downs will make you nuts!

Emily, Awesome job on that swimming. You must have more endurance than me.
Don't worry, the weight will come off. The key is consistency I think. It's hard to stay op and exercise every day, but it seems you're on a wonderful start.

annie, Thanks, Honey. I think the real victory was not buying junk food at the store.
And yes, Tony Dungy deserved that ring. Especially after everything he and his family has been through. And I was so proud of Payton for not giving up. The game was great! This is the first time in several years my team won.

Wyllen~ We have the same stupid cold here too. I'm glad you caught that pipe in the laundry room. How awful that would have been. So, how are the folks in your city today. They should still be proud of the Bears. Somehow, the Colts' defense turned on.
Rex will get his act together. He's still very, very young. At least you didn't have to play Kyle Ortman. He made me CRAZY when he was at Purdue, just 5 miles away.
Well, I finally got some sewing done. I'd do some more, but, I broke 2 needeles today so I'm done....and I ran over my finger and have a tiny hole in my finger nail. I'm so clumsy sometimes. I'm gonna hit the shower girls, and do some emails....Ammi.
Til later
Closed Thread