Old 02-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #1  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

Default Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks 2/04/07-2/10/07

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?
A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!!
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:43 AM   #2  

hi guys TMO is finally over i havent worked out since thurday i already missed my am workout because i overslept so i have to do it when i get off
i even put on 3lbs! just on tmo but i know its my fault. Well here i go again starting all over this week

everyone where are you at?

Last edited by miafluker; 02-05-2007 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #3  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

Height: 5' 9"

hi everyone tomorrow I go in to the hospital for what they call surgery but really its more of a procedure, it is out patient and everything, but I do go under for the first time. I am having an Endometrial Ablation done for my supposed heavy periods, that they think are causing my anemia. I don't see how they could have since they have been this heavy since I was 13 but I am done with my childbearing an dont mind the thought of having super light periods So I said 'bring it on' LOL I am such a baby though that I am freaking out. I wont even be awake but it just makes me sick thinking about it! Anyway it isnt a real big deal I should be back on my feet in no time. Anyway I am having the novasure kind done which will basically give the lining a 3rd degree burn.

I am all bummed out as well that I have hit my not so unexpected stall. I dont get it, no matter what I do my body just WONT let me see 179. I went down to 181 then back up! It is like this invisible brick wall. I feel like chopping off an arm just to get through LOL ok not really. I have made sure to keep my calorie count above 1200 and I even weigh the darn food to the gram. Maybe I will see a woosh soon but I dont know how this procedure is going to effect my weight either, I expect that I will retain water afterward, and they may not recommend staying on low calorie while I heal.

I am very tempted to go very very low calorie just to see that block broken, but I know it may do more harm than good So I guess I will stick it out. I just dont get it though, I mean at my weight I should definitely be seeing something moving on the scale at 1200 right? But its always been like this, I am very very very good at keeping my weight at a certain weight without trying, but I have never been able to lose, when I was a teen the only way I lost was by taking acutrim and eating dry light toast for breakfast, a light bread sandwich for lunch (with mustard and thin deli slices only), and then soup for dinner. AND walking to school, from school, and to work. (about 8+ miles a day). And I know that wasnt healthy and I dont want to do it again.

Anyway I am sure it will all work out once I get back on track

Hope you all are doing well!! Keep it up you guys, your my inspiration!!!

--Sumi
sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #4  
Goodbye Fat!

Good morning everyone! Well I finally got a haircut this weekend. That is something I just put off and off. So I finally decided enough was enough and went with some friends over the weekend and made and afternoon of it. It was great girltime and then we had a late lunch. It was Mexican food and I didn't splurge, way to go me! Now the superbowl snacks I won't get into! I hope everyone has a great day!

Sumi, I have been undertwice and let me say when I woke up, it felt like I had the best sleep in my life. So if you feel the same good for you! That is great you will have a fast recovery. It is not fun to be hampered by a slow recovery not being able to be active.

Mia, we all have our ups and downs. Just remember to stay the course and you will meet your goals!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:58 PM   #5  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

Sorry I've been MIA.
A little over a week ago I hurt my neck, and was laid up, and as it was starting to come back around, I started getting this awful toothache. I spend most of my time trying to sleep through the pain. I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still around and kicking, and although I didn't check in for a while, I'm still sticking to my diet.

ttyl.
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Sorry to hear about all of the surgeries and illnesses! I hope all of you feel better soon.

The kids didn't have school today, the whole west state is snowed in.

I started my first day of work. I put in a 12 hour day and I'm working at home right now. I really enjoyed it. They baked me cakes and had bagels though. I ended up eating a bagel for supper, but really not to bad over all. I'm so tired and I'm going to bed. Take care.
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:19 PM   #7  

martiniforme i was wondering where you were at glad to hear you are okay

dollypie thanks i needed to hear that

sumi i hope your procedure goes okay
have a great night guys
Old 02-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Hi girls!!

I ate like garbage all weekend. Yes I did!! Am I back on track today? You bet your broccoli I am! LOL I know, it was bad.. and I haven't gotten on the scale and don't plan to this week. *gasp!* I'm going to wait until my WI next Tuesday. I have no doubt I've gained two or three pounds back and I'm just too afraid to see it back on the scale. How awful! lol

I just got back from my two mile walk and my honey called me to tell me he's on his way home and we can go for our together walk when he gets home from work.. Well.. there's another three miles, so, that will look fabulous tomorrow!!!

Sumi, sorry to hear about your surgery

Dollypie, funny! I'm getting my hair cut on Thursday.. I'm nervous but I'll post a new picture

Martini, sorry to hear about your neck.. don't strain it excersizing. Take it easy

Miafluker, honey you and me sound like we're sitting in the same boat. lol. I feel the same way though.. those cravings got to me and I just HAD to have In-n-Out burgers & fries !! Bad me!! But back on track today

Oh Stopeating, I WISH WISH WISH I could work at home. I'm jealous.

I've decided to go for my medical coding certification in May.. so, studying now. Its horribly boring but if I can get my certification I can get contracted jobs that pay a lot more than what I am being paid!!

Sorry I haven't been around.. I've missed you guys though!! I hope you all had a super weekend.
SD Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:37 PM   #9  
fit2babride

S/C/G: 188/186.5/125

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all,

SD Gal minor setback, but you're still charging forward that's all that matters.

Sumi-good luck w/ your procedure, I'm sure all will go well.

i too had more than my fair share of eats and bad ones this weekend, my excuse was the super bowl of course. i was an idiot and stepped on the scale to my suprise all was the same, go figure. anyway, i usually exercize in the am but i have a 7:30 meeting tues and wed, so i'll be on my elliptical at 4:15 am, pls wish me luck.

[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/sliderbug/lb/188/125/186/.png[/image][/link]
FIT2BABRIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:40 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Well ladies, it seems, there is good and bad going on. Sumi good luck, I am sure all will go well and you will be back on your feet in know time.

To all who did not do so well over the weekend, I joined the club today. When I get stressed out really bad, is when I do this. Oh well we will be back on track tomorrow.

Stopeating, glad your day went well, but 12 hrs. and still working, seems a bit much, for the first day. Try and pace yourself. And get some sleep.

Martiniforme, sorry you are not feeling well, rest and get better fast.

Girls, talking about haircuts, I justed asked my daughter tonight to get me an appt. with her hairdresser. Must be something in the air.

Fit2, welcome back, missed you when you were gone.

It seems there are a few new and old friends not visiting us too much. We miss them too.

Jasmine, remember were here for you when ever you feel up to chatting. Thinking and praying for you.

Calories were not bad today, only not the right type of foods. No exercise, sinus headache stopped me from going to Aquafit.

My daughter was by tonight, I asked her about wedding arrangements, she said they still may get married down south and my husband and I, can stay at another resort and they will come and get us for the day of the wedding, then return us to our motel. (Fat Chance, you think I was going to stalk her or something). Or they may get married here. Her childhood friend is going to be her Maid of Honour, this girl cannot hold her drinks, let alone talk without almost shouting. My husband and I are already strapped for money and the trip would put us further in debt, the way she is talking at this point, only makes us think, we will stay here at home, they can take pictures. Imagine saying we can stay elsewhere and come for the day. If that is how she feels, we don't need to be there at all. I am furious, can you tell. I have always respected there privacy, I have been to there home once, when invited and that is in 8 months. Mainly call her at work, only if something important, rarely at home, unless to let her in on something.

I think she is mad that I am having my Dad's party the day before her 30th birthday and not having one for her. Little does she know her fiance~ and I are planning hers Feb. 24th. I don't feel much like planning much for her now. I can't believe how kids can still hurt you so bad, even at this age.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Well 2nd day that school is closed because of weather. Our schools never closed because we are use to living with it, but it's pretty bad. This morning is 3 degrees and windshield is way in the negatives.

So funny everyone is talking about haircuts. I've been looking online for a different style and I am so ready to do something. My son has a b-ball tournament this weekend, but I was thinking of making an appointment for the following weekend. We'll see.

Fit2beabride - Good luck. Get home and step on the elliptical. Don't get distracted!

SDGal - You have been doing GREAT on your diet! I read about your long walks and healthy eating. You have made a lifestyle change and part of it or those *oh my gosh* weekends.

Sumisan - Good luck with surgery!

Sharon - I always try to think of positive things to say about any situation, but what your daughter is saying and doing just isn't right. If I were in your situation, I would not want to participate either. Okay on a positive note, maybe she will feel like a jacka** when you throw her a surprise party and will have an attitude adjustment! Hope I wasn't to blunt.
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

IIIIIIIIIIII LOOOOSTTT HALF A POOOUND! Yessssssss! I decided last night that it was cheating if I didn't WI on my WI day.. so.. I did, this morning.. And.. I lost half a pound. I'm so excited!! YAY!!

Ok, I'm good, this is nice. I should be down more, but you know, I think I'll just take that half pound and run with it! lol

I walked two miles after work when I got home and then another three with my hubby, I also did crunches. So, I definitely got my excersize in.

Have a super day!!!
SD Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #13  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Mia:

Quote:
Don't feel bad I think I have put on about 5 pounds recently! I am very sad but I refuse to let this make me stop. I am getting back on it today!!
sumisan:

Aww honey! I just said a prayer for you!!!

Quote:
I am very tempted to go very very low calorie just to see that block broken, but I know it may do more harm than good
Do NOT do that! switch to healthy eating and exercise and let your body decide what comes off!! You can also do strength training and aerobics.

dollypie:

Quote:
Good morning everyone! Well I finally got a haircut this weekend. That is something I just put off and off. So I finally decided enough was enough and went with some friends over the weekend and made and afternoon of it. It was great girltime and then we had a late lunch. It was Mexican food and I didn't splurge, way to go me! Now the superbowl snacks I won't get into! I hope everyone has a great day!
I bet it looks cute! WTG on not splurging!

martiniforme:

Quote:
Sorry I've been MIA.
A little over a week ago I hurt my neck, and was laid up, and as it was starting to come back around, I started getting this awful toothache. I spend most of my time trying to sleep through the pain. I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still around and kicking, and although I didn't check in for a while, I'm still sticking to my diet.
Miss ya and hope you get better soon!!

stopeating:

Quote:
I started my first day of work. I put in a 12 hour day and I'm working at home right now. I really enjoyed it. They baked me cakes and had bagels though. I ended up eating a bagel for supper, but really not to bad over all. I'm so tired and I'm going to bed. Take care.
Glad to hear it is working out for ya!!

miafluker:

You have a good day too hun!

SD Gal:

Quote:
I ate like garbage all weekend. Yes I did!! Am I back on track today? You bet your broccoli I am! LOL I know, it was bad.. and I haven't gotten on the scale and don't plan to this week. *gasp!* I'm going to wait until my WI next Tuesday. I have no doubt I've gained two or three pounds back and I'm just too afraid to see it back on the scale. How awful! lol
Awww hun, me too! I am so upset I may just wait til March 1 to weigh again!!

Quote:
I've decided to go for my medical coding certification in May.. so, studying now. Its horribly boring but if I can get my certification I can get contracted jobs that pay a lot more than what I am being paid!!
That would be great!

FIT2BABRIDE:

Welcome to our group!!

i too had more than my fair share of eats and bad ones this weekend, my excuse was the super bowl of course. i was an idiot and stepped on the scale to my suprise all was the same, go figure. anyway, i usually exercize in the am but i have a 7:30 meeting tues and wed, so i'll be on my elliptical at 4:15 am, pls wish me luck[/QUOTE].

Glad it didn't affect you!! Good luck!

Canuk4:

Quote:
Jasmine, remember were here for you when ever you feel up to chatting. Thinking and praying for you.
Awww thanx hun!! I am so sorry i haven't been here but so much stuff going on lately! I Appreciate all the prayers from you and anyone else!!! *BIG HUGZ*

Quote:
My daughter was by tonight, I asked her about wedding arrangements, she said they still may get married down south and my husband and I, can stay at another resort and they will come and get us for the day of the wedding, then return us to our motel. (Fat Chance, you think I was going to stalk her or something). Or they may get married here. Her childhood friend is going to be her Maid of Honour, this girl cannot hold her drinks, let alone talk without almost shouting. My husband and I are already strapped for money and the trip would put us further in debt, the way she is talking at this point, only makes us think, we will stay here at home, they can take pictures. Imagine saying we can stay elsewhere and come for the day. If that is how she feels, we don't need to be there at all. I am furious, can you tell. I have always respected there privacy, I have been to there home once, when invited and that is in 8 months. Mainly call her at work, only if something important, rarely at home, unless to let her in on something.

I think she is mad that I am having my Dad's party the day before her 30th birthday and not having one for her. Little does she know her fiance~ and I are planning hers Feb. 24th. I don't feel much like planning much for her now. I can't believe how kids can still hurt you so bad, even at this age.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Sharon S.
Awww hun! I am so sorry to hear all this! *BIGGER HUGS* How old is she? Are you close with your mom? Can you talk to her fiance and let him know your concerns? How close doies she live to you and how far away does she plan on having the wedding? Is there a way they can go do their wedding and maybe you have a small reception for them at home? IDK there are all kinds of variations etc. *sigh* What is her deal?

stopeating:

Good luck with the hair!!!

SD Gal:

Quote:
IIIIIIIIIIII LOOOOSTTT HALF A POOOUND! Yessssssss! I decided last night that it was cheating if I didn't WI on my WI day.. so.. I did, this morning.. And.. I lost half a pound. I'm so excited!! YAY!!

Ok, I'm good, this is nice. I should be down more, but you know, I think I'll just take that half pound and run with it! lol

I walked two miles after work when I got home and then another three with my hubby, I also did crunches. So, I definitely got my excersize in.

Have a super day!!!
That is great sweetie!!! WTG!!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #14  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Okay everyone thanx all for thinking and praying for me. Everything is starting to get back to normal, we gave her her door back and some of her stuff, (no anime though) and her mood is perking up, she has been going to school like she is supposed to etc. For a few days there she just went and sat outside til dark even!! Didn't want to talk or respond to me at all etc. Sheesh!! One day she even left for a walk and I told her to be back by dark but 30 minutes later it was 4:30 and I was getting nervous and I told Chris to go find her and bring her home and he did. The next day I heard about a 14 year old girl being kidnapped in our town and assaulted!!!!! Good lord! I told her no more going off on your own, PERIOD!!!

I did talk with the school counselors etc and they sent home a form where they can get an outside counselor to come see her etc. *sigh*

I probably pout on 5 pounds! Not kidding! I may not be weighing til March 1!! I can also feel it and see it right on my tummy!!! I ran out of my kefir and apples. Plus I was making REALLY bad food choices for like a week with the icing on the cake being haveing pizza TWICE last weekend and crazy bread! (we usually do once a month!) and it was c.j.s bday so cake and icecream and chips......Need I go on?

I almost got back on track yesterday but wound up eating TWO home made burgers last nite(on one bun). I should of stopped at one patty! I went shopping yesterday and have a bunch of groceries for the month though now.

I will post an excerpt from another board I posted on this morning. I have talked to you guys before about my quest for raw cheese and such. Someone was asking on there if anyone followed the nourishing traditions book(which I am getting soon) basically eat like your great grandparents ate, avoid processes, white sugar, etc, chose raw and organic, anyhow:

Quote:
I have been on a long journey this past year and a half to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. I was 280 and am now down to 204 or so. (I did this with walking ALOT and slowly eating more and more healthy) I have done ALOT of research online about what to eat and not and I found that website several months ago and will be getting the book soon. I agree with alot of what they have to say. (not the lard as we are avoiding pork stuff, etc)

Whole foods are ALOT more filling because your body gets the nutrients it needs. ALot of the crap they sell in stores does NOT turn off the hunger button and in some cases actuially stimulates appetite! (like high fructose corn syrup) This is why dh and I are doing everything we can to get back to a simpler lifestyle, making almost everything from scratch, will be getting a grain mill soon. (We hope to also move back to Mt soon so he can hunt and fish again and I want chickens and a garden!) We are trying to avoid processed stuff and artificial ingredients as much as possible. You would be surprised all the stuff that has small trace amounts even of transfats in them! Some spices, skippy peanut butter even!!! Etc!!

I have researched the arguments for and against raw dairy and the conclusion I have come to is that it is life promoting as long as it comes from a reliable, CLEAN source!! We do live in Ca right now and it is legal here, although I did think I read somewhere that raw cheese is legal everywhere, not sure though. The places out here(the few) that do sell raw dairy are checked even more than the regular dairys and are held to even stricter standards.

Organic pastures is one of the producers , the closest store for that is 1 hour away(W3e just got a car again) and the milk is about $11.00 a gallon!!!!! (We have discussed it though and are going to try to start getting SOME) Their cheese is about the same.

I was really happy yesterday cause I was able to take the car and go look at Bj's health food store which is about 15 minutes away and low and behold I found Alta Dena sells RAW cheese!!!(They are not exclusively grassfed though like Organic pastures) BUT it is raw, they do have no rbst and I found the raw cheese for $3.93 for 12 oz!!!!! So $5.24 a pound. That is alot more affordable seeing as how other cheese is around $4.00 a pound anyways! (If you are not able to get the altadena, I have been using Tillamook before finding the altadena, they are not raw but they do partially grassfeed and guarantee NO RBST in their cheese!! We were trying to use some of their REAL butter but it is $4.89 a pound out here, when I went to Smart n final yesterday I was really happy to see they had REAL butter for $2.15 a pound!!!! Normal price!! (Altadena variety, not raw though, but neither was tillamook) SO we are switching to that, it is not raw, but the raw butter is like $10.50 a pound with organic pastures. Jeez!!! We care about our health but also have 5 kids to feed so we have to draw the line somewhere. So We are going to spend extra on raw milk. I am still going to see if I can find it up here first, if not maybe have it shipped. But we do have the raw cheese now and the real butter pretty cheap. So I was really happy yesterday!! Also with milk, I know knudsens and altadena doesn't use the rbst on their milk so that is another option for everyone not able to go raw, knudsens also do not top off their milk

Anyhow I know alot of us here are budget shoppers, myself included. But I pick and choose my battles. When it comes to good health, you can't buy it, but you can buy good food that will help insure it. I know people that will go out and buy new ceiling fans and house fixtures before putting food on the table even! Some people who don't spend the money on food, spend it on something else. What is your health worth to you? My dh and I decided we would rather put the money back into our health and the kids' instead of buying frivolous items. Some countrys their primary focus is on food, finding it, being able to buy it etc.

We do buy organic when we can and the health food store I went to yesterday had organic apples the same price as the stores!!

Anyhow I would advise anyone to take up the whole foods lifestyle. I have seen how my weight has improved since doing this, how much more energy I have, and recently finding the westonaprice website has just been icing on the cake and reiterated what I have been learning. So I am not doing lowfat any more, but moderation.

Kefir, I have found a lifeway brand and that has really helped me with my tummy. I believe everything they say about kefir. I get the plain, and add strawberries, an apple, blueberries, etc as a smoothie. I was thinking of stopping because I seen the one I was getting(they only had the lowfat variety so I was getting that, I didn't want the blueberry one with the added cane juice) anyhow I noticed it had vitamin a palmitate, basiically a synthetic vitamin and I have been doing alot of research lately on betacarotene, for smokers(my dh) taking a betacarotene supplement, can actually INCREASE your risk of cancer!!! (I have read this on many different publications) So I was going to quit it comepletely even for me but at Bj's yesterday I found the variety that is full fat and NO vitamin a palmitate! Yeah!!!! I could go on about all this stuff all day. lol

*backs out of the thread*

I also wanted to add that all we can do food wise is our best, and lean on God, no matter what we eat it is God that decided how long we will be here and when we will go. I do feel that it is good to do our best to give our body healthy food and the rest is up to him.
Anyhow, we did get the car and our taxes! Yeah!! Went out and bought a bunch of stuff and am going to get a grain mill soon too. Although I am sad I put some pounds back on, I know how to fix that! I am going to do great today! I am not kidding, that kefir does really help alot! I notice a HUGE difference when I am not doing it. I need to get back to walking one hour 5 days a week. The last few weeks I have maybe doens 1-2 hours!!! BIG difference!!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #15  
prepare for the BEST time

OK, I must have missed something...............Jasmine, I'm sorry your child is causing you *upset*, sending good {{{{vibes}}}} to relieve some of your stress...it doesn't hlep when you are trying to lose wt.

Now, I'm curious just WHAT is Kefir? (I only think Kiefer Sutherland)?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote