Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default OK, this one just makes me laugh! Power Pulse System

Just saw this on tv today and died laughing. Really? People think this works? Like the old toning tables again. The workouts they do on it could be done w/o the machine and get the same results.

http://www.mypowerpulse.com/

Has anyone tried this? I think they're taking off on the vibrating saddle thingee that Brookstone or one of those types stores sell. Their selling point is that "NASA uses this to train the astronauts in SPACE!, so imagine what it could do on earth!" Duh, that's cuz there's no gravity in space and they have to do something with the astronauts to engage their muscles.
Old 02-02-2007, 01:23 PM   #2  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Hahaha, and sadly enough - my folks has something like that collecting dust in their home. Circulation improvement I can imagine, and *maybe* the vibrations would help with coordination/balance and tone muscles at a very micro level - but yea, mostly it's just to watch yourself jiggle. (and of course, calling the device a "system" makes it seem like less of a one-trick pony)

I'm surprised Rachel Hunter (one hot and more-realistic looking model, imo) stooped so low as to promote this, however. Oh well, I guess if they paid her enough for endorsement...
Old 02-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Reminds me of this machine my mom had when I was growing up. There was this wide belt you put around your backside and it attached to the machine and then you turned it on and it jiggled your butt!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Too Funny!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

Rachel Hunter has about 3 infomercials running at the same time....Supreme Pilates (I think), Mari Windsor pilates, this expensive vibrator and some face make-up...maybe she's out of work?
Old 02-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Reminds me of this machine my mom had when I was growing up. There was this wide belt you put around your backside and it attached to the machine and then you turned it on and it jiggled your butt!!!
My Mom had one two and she would be 86. Tell you that things, even as crazy as that come back
Old 02-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I like how the before and afters look NO different except for the lighting and the fact that they are sucking in their stomach. Also classic is how Success Results on the tab at the top is spelled REULTS!!! nice............

All this for just $600, what a steal, I mean, deal!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonrr View Post
My Mom had one two and she would be 86. Tell you that things, even as crazy as that come back

Yup. My mom is going to be 83 this year!

What goes around comes around!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:51 PM   #9  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Those vibrator belt machines were in all the fitness centres when I was in my twenties . . . and people used to be lined up to use them . . . I'm 63. Hey, at least the belt went around the fat place. This new thing seems to be aimed at getting the weight off on the soles of your feet.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if passive exercise actually did work.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #10  

A $600 vibrator, eh? I'm sure I can find cheaper Although that one lady that was sitting on it did look pretty darn happy!

The infomercial thing on the website had me laughing out loud - "just like a bellydancer!" Yeah - the belly dancer actually moves her muscles *herself*.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hehehehehee hoooooohohohohohooo

Funny... but really sad for the folks who fell for that and bought one
Old 02-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #12  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

I just got a mental image of me on that thing in a sport bra and shorts. I don't think I will be buying one of these wonderful workout machines.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Lol, I also thought, well it is shaking her feet.

My best friends mom also had that vibrating belt thingie that went around her butt. LOL
Old 03-22-2007, 03:02 PM   #14  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

Does the model in the exercise forum realize how ridiculous she looks? What the heck? I swear, I know I would love to believe in a quick fix, but anything in life worth having is doing to take HARD work, not sitting on a machine in an weird position letting your butt be massaged! My goodness!
Closed Thread