General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 10:47 PM   #1  

Default Your Favorite Super Bowl Commercial???

I choose the Blockbuster one with the rabbit, the guinea pig and the mouse!
Old 02-04-2007, 10:50 PM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

I guess if I had to choose it would be the crabs and the beer cooler, probably because I'm partial to crabs.

But weren't the commercials LAME this year? This is the first year I've actually watched it for the game, because I've been a Bears fan my whole life (talk about lame, but that's another post....). And there were NO commercials that stood out! Nothing that was any better than on any other television program. Very disappointing. I'm glad I was interested in the game for a change.

Cindy B.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:03 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I also thought the commercials were NOT THAT GOOD this year ~ I did like the one that had the guys undressing to wash the chevy...probably only because Angie and I saw the show on Saturday that had the kids chosen to participate from their colleges with their commercials, to present at the Super Bowl with a Chevy commercial, this winner was 1 person, all by herself. Congrats to her!
Old 02-04-2007, 11:31 PM   #4  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I thought they were lame too... the few I got to see (see rant rant rant) The cheby carwash one elicited a smile as did the taco bell one, although I cant remember it now.

The worst hands down had to be the Garmin one, although I remember the ad, so it must have been effective.

Once again, as in previous years, a local ad for the trunk monkey was probably the winner.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:34 AM   #5  

We thought they were kinda lame this year too - and I know it's on CBS but did they have to run a ton of their own commercials over and over and over? arg.

I enjoyed the K-Fed commercial and the one with Robert Goulet was great. Basically I found the whole thing a good time to take a little nap.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:47 AM   #6  
Madi

S/C/G: 195/171.4/150

Height: 5'6 1/2"

well there was nothing that really had me lmao, but the blockbuster mouse one and the paper, rock, scissors bud light one, they were funny.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:50 AM   #7  

oh i forgot about the paper rock scissors one, that was good too.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

My favorite was the one with the foreign people taking an english class, and being taught when someone asks for a budweiser to say "me no speak english". That made me laugh pretty good!

But yeah...commercials weren't that great. And I agree about CBS running their own ads...it got a little old. I think I saw the stupid commercial for Survivor like 20 times!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I personally thought the careerbuilder.com ads were HILAROUS.

I also thought the Kevin Federline one was great.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

oh yeah the mencia one was good, and a liked the machete hitchhiker bud lite one
Old 02-05-2007, 10:41 AM   #11  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

My favorite was the checkout girl scanning the different bags of Doritos and making comments about each one....hard to describe--y ou just gotta see it!
Old 02-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I liked that Doritos one too! Had me crying laughing. I also liked the beer one (sad, i can't remember which beer) but the guy goes to give his friend a fist and the other guy says the fist is out and then slaps him silly. I also thought the sprint ad about connectile dysfunction was funny because it was kind of spoofing all of the ads last year about erectile dysfunction.

Tiki
Old 02-05-2007, 11:15 AM   #13  
No description available.

I pushed with a lady for pretty much the entire Superbowl. To her boyfriend's immense and total credit, the TV was OFF the entire time.

I'll have to catch it next year!
Old 02-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Midwife~since you were catching babies rather than catching the game, you can go and review the commercials still! MSNBC has a commercial superbowl and there is a link to all the commercials.

I vote for the Blockbuster ad. I also liked the Chevy, Doritoes and Taco Bell ones.

I was disappointed that some of the commercials were ones I had seen before (like the rock, paper, scissors one). I like to see NEW ones on the supberbowl. I did like the fact that there were competitions with college students producing some of the commercials--that is just too cool, and I liked what they did.

Quote:
The worst hands down had to be the Garmin one, although I remember the ad, so it must have been effective.
I just have to agree here. Very stupid, but we remember the name. Not that I'm going to go out and buy a GPS from them, though.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #15  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

My fav hands down was the Snickers commercial with the two guys. When The one guy said, "Quick! Do something manly!" and the other guy ripped off his chest hair, I LITERALLY was rolling on the floor!

Cheryl
Closed Thread