Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies,#12

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 11:29 PM   #2  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

Boy is dad pumped, I am from Chicago and we are so excited!!!!!!! 21 years!!!! Man it is so exciting!!!!!!!Huge bears fans in this house, my dad was born and raised in the city so the way my dad talks is he really does talk like the SNL bears fans !!! Its so funny cause he cant help it but thats how he talks , you know Da Bearsh !!

gayle- Oh I know that they more than appreciate it I just get my woman days where I get upset for no reason. My mom lways says its ok women have an excuse to change their emotions , unfortunatly we are either in pms mode on our period , getting over our period or enjoying our 4 days of no menstraion before it starts all over again. haha. its so true!

Shelly- yeah thats me , I dont knwo I was being creative and made an italian flag around my photo !!
Old 02-04-2007, 06:32 AM   #3  

Sherry-It's so wonderful to see you back in full force, creating the new thread! I am so proud of you for joining back in.

Allison-I have been judging the vehicle problem for probably 7 years. That is fantastic about going to world! Totally amazing! Wayne, the creator of the problem I judge always comes and stays with our problem. My DD is going to go to state to judge. I never have. Actually, this stuff is really way beyond my intelligence. I just kinda fly by the seat of pants at judging. I am a problem judge, Becky always does style.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:20 AM   #4  

Good Morning!

We have been praying for snow for so long here.Well Friday we got enough to close the schools and by 12:00 it was gone! LOL. This morning we wake up to a very nice dusting of snow. It's so pretty but suppose to be gone by noon. Why can't we have snow that sticks around for a few days?!

Vouge....We're a big die hard fan of the Colts here!!!! Gotta love our Payton Manning TN guy!!!!!

Shelley...Did Becky invite you to the party??? (or all those others?!) Yep...It's been so long since I started a new thread, I almost forgot how! I'm glad to be back too...thanks!

Weigh-in today: Down 1lb. So I'm at 6.8 hopefully gone forever! It's been coming off so slow this time.

Have a good day all!
Old 02-04-2007, 09:25 AM   #5  

WooHoo, Sherry!!! You are doing it the right way!
Old 02-04-2007, 10:16 AM   #6  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Sherry ~ You're welcome to any and all of my snow and cold! It was zero here this morning and we have about 4 inches of snow blowing around. It's miserable out there!

Congratulations on your loss! You're doing it the right way...keep it up!

Vouge ~ That is you in that picture? Wow, I thought it was a pic of a pop star or someone famous! Great job!

We're going to have a house full of family tonight. I'm making chili and cornbread and then brownie sundaes for dessert. Not diet friendly, but what the heck, tomorrow is another day. Watching the game should be interesting...Tim is cheering for the Bears and Shawn is cheering for the Colts. I guess that means at least one of them will be happy tonight! I just watch for the commercials, so makes no difference to me who wins.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 02-04-2007, 11:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Sherry~WooHoo on the loss! That is wonderful!

Shelley~I know what you mean by things being over your head in intelligence! Some of the things the kids come up with in OM! My DD tried the vehicle problem in 4th grade but didn't get too far. In 5th she did the structure problem where the structure gets more and more weight added to it. Her year, the structure had to have a weak point--an Achille's heel. The little play they did to go along with it was titled Achille's Seal and it incorporated a seal, some sailors and I don't remember what else. So creative! DD attempted a couple times to do OM, but they didn't get too far. Being an OM coach is a tough job!

vogue~go Bears!!!! We'll be rooting for them here.

Suzy~we're having a little party here today. Just the in-laws. I'm making turkey soup and a lower fat version of a famous dip I make. Everyone loves the dip, and I'm making it with Z Trim and substituting TVP "sausage" for the real thing. We'll see how it turns out. I've already determined how much less it is in calories and fat.

Everyone have a great Super Bowl Sunday!
Old 02-04-2007, 12:32 PM   #8  

Vouge...I forgot to ask: How do you make the wheat pasta w/ prosciutte & basil? It sounds heavenly. How many calories? Also...saying a special prayer for you Grandfather.

GO COLTS!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #9  

Pasta with prosciutto and basil kind of sound like pasta carbonara. Proscuitto is a ham product right? Pasta carbonara is on my list of things to make this week or next--I just need to pick up some lf bacon, or perhaps I'll try it with proscuitto instead.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #10  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

Sherry- I dont even have words to describe my sadness today. Just Kidding! Its not that big a deal , bears played like crap anyways so w/e colts deserved it. Thanks for the prayer, no its a lean gourmet meal , mmm it was so yummy, you can get it in the freezer section for like 1.00! only 270 cals. Hey great job on the weight loss thats more than I have to say.

Suzy- What? hahah my 7th grade english teacher told me once when iw as sucking up to her " Flattery will get you very far in this world , but not an A in my class. " Yeah thats me in the pic. Yeah yesterday was NOT diet friendly in my house but I ask you this I'm italian , we like to eat , have you ever heard of a skinny italian? haha no!

Alli- Ya , Im a bears fan to the grave win or lose , it was how I was raised. Like I said , it was acually a lean gourmet meal that cost 1.00 and was really really good. Yeah I have to get out my italian dictionary or call my grandpa but I think that prosccuitto is italian for ham , I know panchetta is italian for bacon if that helps.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:57 AM   #11  

Hey everyone!

I've been sick as a dog for the past week or so! I actually started feeling better Sunday and came in to work for a while yesterday (my day off) because I missed so many days last week. I didn't check in yesterday because I was in such a good "work groove" and had to take advantage of it before it went away!

Sherry--I'm so glad you're BACK!!! I missed your banners and sparklies in the new threads! I never could figure out how to do any of that creative stuff!

My team didn't make it to the Superbowl (I'm a Cheese head!!), so I cheered for Indianapolis because of Mr. Manning. He's a fellow southerner, ya know. I kept track of he and Eli both through their college years.

Anyway, just wanted to drop by so y'all'd know I'm alive!

P. S., finally broke through my 10-pound barrier!!!!!! I've lost 4 more pounds!! (I think part of it was because I was sick, but I'll take it!)
Old 02-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #12  

Cheryl,
I'm sorry that you've been sick.I hope you get to feeling better real soon! I also wanted to thank you so much for all the work you did while I was away trying to get my life back together.You do an awesome job! Now that doesn't mean that you can't continue! It will take BOTH of us...ok??!! I need you! CONGRATS on the weight loss!! YOU GO GIRL!!

I'm home from work today. After work yesterday, I FINALLY went to the dreaded doctor. I haven't felt well for a week or longer. I have a bad bladder infection (my 1st) and I have blood in my urine.So with a shot,2 precriptions later...I'm home but just for today! You all know me....I can't lay around long!!

Have a good day all....Love & kisses.....

Last edited by Sherry; 02-06-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #13  

Cheryl~sorry you're sick but congrats on the loss!!!

I feel quite proud of myself for coming in at 1405 calories yesterday. So far, I am on track for that or less today (although I didn't exercise today--but perhaps I will this afternoon).
Old 02-06-2007, 03:06 PM   #14  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

4myself- The fact that your a cheesehead and Im a bear should give enough reason 4 me to never talk to you again! Just kidding your to nice , I wouldn never over a dumb game! The flus going arund I was sick last week , get better soon. Hey 4 lbs awsome , I am waiting a week from monday to weight in , I plan on losing 2 lbs a week so well see. Ive been good.

Allison- Great job , I too came in with low calories , I think I was somehwere around, 630 which is around where I am aiming if I want to lose 2 lbs a week. I plan to do something cardio wise this afternoon.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:21 AM   #15  

Cheryl-Glad you are feeling better. The weight loss may be partly from being sick. I would give it a week before you find out if it is a true loss or not.

Sherry-I'm sorry you are sick. I know how busy your life is, and you hate to be down at all! I hope you weren't cleaning on your sick day. How is school going? Are you still going between 2 schools?

Vogue-I'm so proud of you posting on the exercise thread!

Allison-Good for you staying on target.
Closed Thread