Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-02-2007, 09:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/113/115

Height: 5'4"

Default DDR - I saw this one coming!

I had thought of suggesting this at our local Elementary school, but for one reason or another I never did.

I don't know how long this article will be up at this URL. It was on the front page of Yahoo this morning. Check it out:

DDR to help fight childhood obesity

Not just for children, mind you, but for all of us as well!
BattlingTheBulge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:54 AM   #2  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Yep, there are several of us on here that do DDR as a workout. My game's in transit still (bought online), but I'll be joining those ranks pretty soon.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm also planning on buying. I know I won't be able to do much at first, but it sounds like so much fun, I've got to try it.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:32 PM   #4  
Yvette

S/C/G: 161/137/125

Default Video game+Exercise=FUN!

I'm glad others are getting into the game...and what a novel idea to use DDR to fight childhood obesity! Bravo! It has really helped me. It's a little unconventional, but I know I wouldn't get any exercise at ALL if I didn't have something to do that was fun.
Benjasmya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:07 AM   #5  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

"I know I wouldn't get any exercise at ALL if I didn't have something to do that was fun."

That's EXACTLY why I'm getting into DDR. I tried WATP for awhile...got bored. Tried working out at the gym...couldn't keep my mind together for more than fifteen minutes on any of the machines, so I'd give up and leave. DDR seems like it'll actually HOLD my freaken attention, which would be a rarity, and something to be prized!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #6  
kristen

S/C/G: 225/180/135

Height: 5'9

i love doing this too, i've got the game that allows you to use your own music, so it's not the same boring old songs. before i know it, an hour has passed and my workout is done!
GLgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

I'm definitely a DDR fanatic. I have three PS2 games that are DDR, and one that isn't. Plus I bought a Cobalt Flux metal arcade pad. It was pricey -- over $300 with shipping -- but cheaper than a year-long gym membership. And I've gotten more use out of it than any gym membership.

I'm still not all that great. I can do any song at the second level, quite a few at the third level, a handful at the fourth level (heavy, I think?) and only one or two at the fifth and final level. But it's fun. I've got some songs that aren't as challenging stepwise but have a lot of jumping around to get my heartbeat up that I like to do. I even have a few self-designed courses that I refer to as foods (i.e., "this is the course I play if I want a cookie, this is the one I play if I want some potato chips...") and play through one of them if I feel like having a treat.

The only thing is that I'm a big woman, and a busty woman, and even with a sports bra, er, there's a whole lot of shakin' going on. :P So I'll only play with other females, or in front of my cats, with the blinds closed.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote