Old 01-29-2007, 04:39 PM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Week of January 29th

Hey everyone. Well I am in a huge funk. Dh and I had a huge fight last night and we didn't resolve anything so it has all carried over today. I was awake half the night and called into work at 4:30am to say that I was going to be late. I got in at 8:45 instead of 7 but it was okay because I didn't really need to be there until 9am. Luckily I was just covering the staff for an education day and after that was all done I asked the manager if I could leave, I told her what was going on and she could tell I was exhausted and upset and she let me go home. So I've been home for a couple of hours feeling depressed, I should have hopped on my bike and did some exercise, I'm sure I'd feel better but I just don't have the energy to do that now. Then I got a cute e-mail from my SIL and she is pregnant and of course I was thrilled for her but also kind of depressed because I'd like to have another baby but it is not likely to happen. So I'm sitting here feeling rather sorry for myself. I have to get myself together and go pick up ds, come home and make supper. I'm back to work tomorrow night. Anyway that's about all right now. Sorry to be on a downer, hope everyone else is having a better day than me.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:43 PM   #2  

Jen-Sorry to hear things aren't going well. It can be hard enough to get through a day of with little home stress and a good night's rest. Let alone with all that youa re dealing with! I hope things get better soon!

I had a busy day. Went shopping, got lots of healthy stuff. Kids weren't great in the store and by the time we reached the check out I realized I forgot milk and eggs...which were two things I really needed!! I was so frazzled tryingto do major grocery shopping with them by myself. I think once we get into a routine it will be better. I was reading too many labels and comparing too much stuff.

Well I have to get some dinner cooking. DH is in Denver until Friday
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:47 AM   #3  
Jen

boy I hate that when I get up to the cashier and realize that I forgot something! I know a lot of people will just duck out of line leaving all their stuff there but I feel embarassed to do that so I just usually take my stuff to the car and then come back in. I still feel like a doofus.

Nothing new between me and dh. We didn't fight at all or barely talk Monday night, I was wiped out, we just sat and watched tv after I put dh to bed. Then I went to bed and he went on the computer for a bit and by the time he came in I was sound asleep and didn't even hear him. Today we were just like normal but I can tell he is still po'd at me. I imagine it will all come out on the weekend. Oh great, that to look forward to!

Weight wise I am still the same, didn't gain, didn't lose. I think this week will be better and I hope I'll see a couple of lbs moved by next week.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #4  

Hey chicks, another day on plan, so I am good! I have not been feeling real good taday, so that is probably helping me stay on plan, but hey, I'll take it any way I can get it, lol.
Jen, I know I hate it when I get home and realzie I've forgotten what I went to get!Hope things with DH get better soon!

hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:07 AM   #5  

Hi all!

Hope you feel better Donna!!

I hate when you know a blow up is coming and everything is edgy for days. DH and I are like that alot.

We have discovered at daycare that DD will nap if I am not there, so from now on I'll send her down the hall with Tonya the toddler teacher. She napped yesterday with Tonya and the evening was so pleasant! When she is with me is is a total pest all through nap time and will not settle down. Then at home that night she is miserable.

I am hovering in this between plans stage. I want to do WW b/c I know it and I know it works. But I am tired of it and don't stick to it. I got alot of great info from You on a Diet by Dr Oz and The Good Mood Diet offered a few tidbits that seem like a reasonable way to add certain mood boosting foods to my daily regimine. But I can't have artificial sweeteners and both books rely heavily on them to keep calories low but allowing some treats. But for me it makes eating healthy stuff like yogurt difficult. All light yogurts have artifcial sweeteners and regular vanilla yogurt has 30 grams of sugar, and other flavors like the whipped kind have 21 grams. Completley eliminating the "white stuff" makes my life miserable and nearly impossible to live with how my family eats. I have replaced most of our pasta and all of our breads with whole grain, but it's not always possible and it is far more expensive.

With WW I can eat what they eat and count the points, but then I get in these moods where I am annoyed that I have to waste 5 points on a small cup of yogurt, or 9 points on a measley cup of hamburger helper. I could make myself something else or boost up teh volume of my meals with veggies. I used to rely heavily on salads but I think I have IBS b/c everytime I eat certain things I am running for the nearest bathroom. Plus I get tired of counting measuring blah blah blah.

I don't know if I should go back to doing WW gung ho adding in ideas from the other plans I like, or if I ditch WW and try to live the Dr Oz way. Neither seems to be working for me right now. Or maybe it's that I am not working right now.

I guess I am just tired of failing, even though I know exactly why I fail. I need to choose long term health and happiness over temporary satisfaction.

DH is still in Denver. I have to do a week's worth of laundry today, completley haul out my office, clean my bathroom, clean the playroom (so DS can pitch his tent ), clean the livingroom which seems to have "stuff" piled on any available surface, and really clean my kitchen and fix my cabinets since everything seems to be avalanching out of them. My gramma is coming this weekend and I can't have my house looking like this. Plus DD has dance class today which by the time we get ready, drive there, do the calss and drive home we've spent a good 2 1/2 hours. Wish me luck!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #6  
Jen

Hey everyone.

Misty - I had a big post typed in yesterday in response to your post and then I managed to unplug my computer! Hope you managed to get everything done that you wanted to do.

Things are a bit better between dh and me. We have talked a bit about what is going on and I think we are coming to an understanding. It is all pretty much about my work schedule. I was so looking forward to working these day shifts and the ones that I have worked have been okay but a huge change from working nights. Anyway I am looking for a different position within the same hospital but one where I don't have to float. Also I have to go in AGAIN for a meeting about my sick time. Regulars will remember this happening last year. There was an article in the newspaper here recently about nurses and there was a statement that the average nurse has 24 days of sick time per year. Well I"m less than that so I thought I was doing rather better! They are looking at a goal of 3% sick time and I'm at 10%. I think 3% is not reasonable considering the nursing situation here. I don't know about in the US but we are so short of nurses it isn't funny. We work short staffed almost all the time and the job is stressful and heavy. I think 10% is probably pretty good. Anyway I'm only putting in a few more years on this job until our big bank loan is paid off then I'm looking for a new career.

Hope everyone is going to have a good weekend, take care!
Old 02-04-2007, 09:20 AM   #7  

Good luck at your meeting Jen! I think they are being ridiculous! That's like less than a week of sick time for the entire year, in a profession that requires you to be around and exposed to how many different kinds of viruses and bacteria? DH gets 3 weeks of sick and vacation time (they call it all Paid time off) and he's not even in that kind of environment! Plus, what if you have a sick kid? I am glad things are a bit better between you and dh! I hope you can continue to work on stuff.

Anybody doing anything fun for the super bowl? We're going across the road. FUN FUN FUN! Well enjoy your weekend everyone!
Old 02-04-2007, 08:04 PM   #8  
Jen

Hey everyone. Thanks Misty for your support. Yes I think it is ridiculous. Frankly I'd rather take the time off without pay or alternately have a certain number of days paid sick and then after that it is unpaid. A lot of my sick time has been for migraines and I'm thinking of asking my doctor to write a letter to the manager explaining that I am under her care for migraines and it is an ongoing issue we are trying to address. My meeting isn't until the 13th so I have a bit of time to call her office and ask.

These past few days have not been great for my diet. I think I am just hanging in there, not losing, not gaining. I haven't exercised other than shoveling snow and while that can be a workout it isn't the kind of exercise I want to post. I need to be doing something more aerobic to lose weight. The funny thing is that I honestly don't eat a lot of junk. I can't remember the last time I had something like a chocolate bar, we don't have ice cream much, my downfall is chips so I don't buy those often or I buy a kind I don't like but dh does. I guess it is just that I eat too much of what I do eat. I've been trying to limit myself to one plate at each meal and cut back on evening snacks unless I am really, really hungry. So far seems to be getting a little better. I feel like I am slowly starting to get a grip on my eating. I started taking the Meridia about 2 weeks ago I think though it takes 3-4 weeks before it starts working.

Misty - did you decide what plan you are going with or a combination or what? I can't stick to any plan, it drives me nuts to follow a certain diet or count stuff, maybe that's a bad thing but I'll stick to it for about 2 weeks at most and then I just go back to my old bad habits.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was kind of boring around here. We were at home all day on Saturday because it was snowing like crazy and then today my SIL came over with her dh and the kids for lunch and a visit and we went skating. So it was a nice visit, they weren't here long which I appreciate and they like knowing that they don't have to be here all day. Like we can't have dh's parents over without it being a visit of about 6 hours or so which drives me crazy and they feel the same way about the parents.

Take care everyone, see you tomorrow.