Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 03:25 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #127

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-31-2002 at 03:58 AM.
Old 01-31-2002, 03:43 AM   #2  

Arrow This is going to be a longggg one. LOL

Did you miss me?? LOL . I certainly missed you.
I don't think you guys have any idea how much you ALL mean to me.
This is going to be longggg.... so here is part 1 of ...
"The Mysterious Disappearance of 2cute2Bfat???". LOL

My daughter came home from London yesterday !!! I spent my evening feeding her a home cooked meal and then listening to all her adventures. Then late in the evening (when I usually post) her boyfriend was in the guest room so I could not get in here. The computer is in the guest room.
I woke up all excited to write (boyfriend gone to work) ... and got on the computer ... but my daughter woke up and came in the room with me so I had to visit with her again. We had a nice bonding morning.
BUT... then she said she wanted to take a nap (in the computer/guest room). Grrrr.
Couldn't tell her to get out. LOL ... could I ????? LOL

The afternoon was spent shopping... (we are getting an ice storm here tonight) so that took me till dinner time. Then hubby home and he needs his attention.
FINALLY... I have my computer back.... and lo and behold... the site was down. LOL

We have over 200,000 without electricity near here. It is headed our way so if I am AWOL for a few days you will know it hit us here too. I have my fingers crossed. I would take that 9 below instead of the ice any day. But I bet you get ice plus those cold temps in Minn. And I know Michigan is getting that snow.

Thin.... I copied all of your recipes and I am making them ALL. LOL
I even mailed them to several friends that are on WW.
I had to laugh at your story of wanting what you paid for. LOL. My friend and I went to an all you can eat Mexican restaurant years ago and ate till we were sick. We had just asked for dessert and laughing at how STUFFED we were but we are getting dessert. Her son asked us why we were eating more if we are sick from eating. Both of us at the same time said... "Because we paid for it"!!! Now that IS sick.

Lynne... I started the quest about Wally World. It just popped in my head one night while typing. I only knew it from the movie "Vacation" but heard others refer to it as if they meant Walmart. Now I am obsessed for an answer.
Your wedding sounded beautiful. I can't wait to see the photos. Does your web site have other photos of you??? Please tell us where we can find it. Good luck with your job search.

I am pausing here for a short commercial.... to be continued.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-31-2002 at 05:41 AM.
Old 01-31-2002, 03:56 AM   #3  

Part Two......

Ladybug...I would love for you to ask your sister if WW=Walmart. LOL
My lips are really sore. In fact my top lip started bleeding today. Ouch !!!
Most of the other burns are healing quite well. My upper arm and chin still scabbed.
It amazes me how many layers of skin keep peeling.
I think it is done .... then there goes another layer.
And one more thing......
You talked about a HOT CUTIE !!!
He wasn't "cuter" than me was he???

Katrina...Never heard of Target having a nickname. That is new to me.
I know completely what you are saying about parents.
I was lucky with most of my troop parents.
But I had one mother that stole the cookie money !!!!!!!
The girl was sweet.

Grannie... PANTIES I warned you about new panties .... are those a welcome home gift for "hubby". LOL.
Congratulations on a size 20. I am sooo jealous!!!! LOL

Malia.... you come in about 2am my time each night. What time is it in Hawaii?
Stay focused on what you are doing RIGHT. Build your recovery from there.

I have soooo much more I want to write.. but I know I going on too long.
Just have to share one more thing.

I went out for dinner tonight. (first time since burnt a week ago)
It was a new restaurant in town. New menu options. You know what that means.... It's okay to go off plan...just this once.
Well,... I sat there and convinced myself anything was acceptable...after all, I have never tasted any of their foods. Just today is okay to go off program.
I stopped my "stinkin thinkin" !!! I told myself this is a NEW WAY OF LIFE for me... not a diet to go on and then off at a whim. I ordered a grilled chicken breast and ate only a small bit of my wild rice and all my salad. It felt good. I did not feel deprived. I felt empowered!!!!! I had more power over the food than the food had over me.

Only here can someone understand how food has POWER over you.
It sounds odd but true. I never could resist temptation.
I was strong as long as I wasn't tempted.
Tonight I was tempted... and I CHOSE a new way of life.

This picture is little... but it is for Thinthinker. She didn't have a smiley licking his lips. LOL Mmmm good

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-31-2002 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:27 AM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Cute
I know you warned me. I guess I did buy them for DH but he hasn't seen them yet. They were on sale buy 2 get 1 free at Lane Bryant. Glad your doing better. They had lots of valentines nighties but I passed them up it would be a waste of money

Hello to all the rest of you.

Not much planned for today. I need to stay op. I ate a Pizza roll yesterday at the mall from Sabaros(sp) pizza. I did drink lots of water though.

I slept in this morning so I haven't eaten yet so I better go.

I am thankful for all my friends here. You don't know how much you help me.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:27 PM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

I just found these recipes thought all of you might like them

Lite and Tasty "Apple Pita"
1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 or 2 pkts. Sweet 'n Low
1 (1 oz) pita
1 tsp reduced-calorie margarine
Mix apple, cinnamon and sweet 'n low. Slice open one side of the pita bread. Stuff with apple mixture. Dot with margarine. Wrap in foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. May be served with Fat-Free Cool Whip.
ENJOY!

TROPICAL CRUMBLE
TROPICAL AMBROSIA
1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant sugar free coconut cream or vanilla pudding mix
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fate or sugar free whipped topping, thawed
4 tablespoons crumbled graham crackers or animal crackers
Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a mixing bowl, combine pineapple juice and pudding mix; beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened. Fold in whipped topping. Stir in pineapple and top 3 tablespoons crackers. Chill until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Old 01-31-2002, 01:53 PM   #6  

Mornin' ladies!!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I woke up very tired and had a very blah day. No exercise and eating was terrible. Woke up feeling okidoki today though. There were so many posts yesterday that I'll do my best to reply, but if I miss someone, I'm sorry.

Lynne: What is boot camp you ask?? I'll tell ya. You were gone when I told everyone about what's going on. My husband has joined the US Army and has to go to boot camp which is their basic training. Lots of physical work. I'm going to have a rough few months without him. He will be gone until August and then maybe we can move to where he is. Just depends on how long it takes to get housing. Needless to say, I'm going to be depending on all of you for motivation and friendship.

Lucky: I have the Billy Blanks Tae Bo advanced. I had started with the basic last year and after a couple of months could finish it easily. Then I got this advanced tape, and got to the point where I could just about finish it too. But, over the last 4 or 5 months I have been a major slacker and haven't done ANYTHING!! And where did you get the belly dancing tape?? That sounds like a blast!! I need to get a couple of different videos. My problem is that I get bored doing the same things over and over every day. I would love to try belly dancing!

Malia: You are right about measuring being more rewarding than weighing. I have always been an obsessive weigher. I was measuring for a while, but haven't bothered lately. I do believe I will measure today so I have a starting point. Got on the scale yesterday and kicked it across the bathroom!! I think I'll stay away from it for a while now.

TT: I fell in love with the pumkin mousse, and I've been meaning to make the pistacio fluff but keep forgeting to pick up pineapple at the store, but I have the fixins for the ice cream sandwiches and they sound nummy!! I'm making those today. Thanks for more great recipes!!

2Cute: You are AWESOME girl!! Congrats on staying OP!! You are so motivating!! I'm sending you [[[healing vibes]]] for your ouchie ouchie burns.

Anyhoo, so far so good for me today. Had some malt-o-meal for breakfast, I'm munching a salad for lunch, and I will have a small serving of venison stew that I'm cooking for dinner. And of course the yummy ice cream sandwiches for dessert. I managed to get through 25 minutes of the TaeBo today, and did a few more repititions. I'm am struggling to drink all my water, but will do it. Gotta go for now. Talk at ya later,
Jen

PS: Here are my stats as of today (actually yesterday when I kicked the scale )
242/189/145ish
Old 01-31-2002, 05:10 PM   #7  

Hi everyone,

2cute, Hawaii time is about +2hours for west coast & +5hours for east coast. I usually surf about 9pm at night. Thus, the postings are recorded in the wee hours. It's about 12:07pm right now.

I exercised this morning to rs sweat & shout. It was an excellent workout. The sweat was dripping. I love that kind of workout. I felt good all morning. If it could feel like this every time, I would exercise more often.

I logged on to the computer to get my vacation numbers. I'm planning the trip and will need about 3 weeks.

Time to go. Drink lots of water.

Malia
Old 01-31-2002, 06:09 PM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Another small victory last night. I chose grilled Mahi Mahi for dinner with green beans and with a baked potato instead of rice. I by passed the bread. I had a lovely Mandarin Salad for lunch both yesterday and today. I had them hold the fried wontons. And ya know, I paid for the bread and those darn wontons, but I didn't eat them anyway!!! Like I said, a small victory.

I called my representative at the WW office and ordered another 16 weeks of program coupons. Got a deal, 18 weeks for the price of 16 and she's sending me a free cookbook. Soooooo, looks like I'll have lots of recipes to pass on. That's supposed to be that smilie licking it's lips. Hey, 2cute, is there a code to put that little bugger you sent me into the paragraph? Or can I only use it at the end of the post as an attachment????

We got about 6 inches of snow by me overnight and by this morning it was sleeting and then freezing rain. My oldest decided he was going to venture out to school for his 8:00 class, even though DH and I told him with all of the school districts being closed, his University would surely be closed as well. He left a little before 7:00, and the TV added his school at 7:40! I phoned him on the cell and he was just about there. It took him 2 hours to get back home! Maybe next time he'll listen to his ma!!!!

Lynne: You keep 'pushing' those boys!!! They'll shape up soon enough!!!

LuckyLadyBug: Sounds like you had a great night out!!!

Katrina: Glad you liked the looks of the recipes. They really help me when I have my fridge stocked. No question as to what to grab and still stay sane and OP.

2cute: I bet you're so glad to have your daughter back on her home turf!!! And I also bet you and she had a wonderful time catching up. She must have had lots of adventures to talk about!!! * Glad the burns are doing better. Watch out for that lip. It sounds more than painful!! * What is it about the "because I paid for it" mentality??? OMG, it will be the undoing of me!!! NO , I take that back. It will NOT be my undoing!!! I WILL conquer this way of thinking!!!! * Good for you on your smart choices at dinner!!! We WILL do this!!!

Mary: Thanks for the recipes, they sound great! The apple tortilla looks like it's about 4 WW points and the tropical crumble should count about 2????

Malia: Honey, how much water are you trying to drink???? If you don't think 8 is much!!! I like to use water as a tool. I know everyone doesn't follow WW, but WW says 6. When I did Quick Weightloss a few years ago, they touted 6 also. But what they did was when you reached a plateau, you went to 7 glasses the next day, then 8, then 9 and then the last day you were back to 6 again. It generally broke the plateau. So what I'm doing these days is drinking the recommended 6 and then if I've had Chineese or a really salty day, I have a couple of more to 'flush' all the sodium out of my system.

Jen: I'm glad you like the pumpkin mousse. I usually buy cans of crushed pineapple by the case when it's on sale so I always have some on hand. * 53 pounds!!! Woohoo for you!!!!

Well girls, gotta run. Hubby will be home in about a half hour. I think I'm going to do that sweet and sour chicken dish where you brown the chicken breasts and then add salsa and crushed pineapple. I have a package of fresh chicken breasts in the fridge that need to be used up. Talk with you all later.

"I live a day at a time. Each day I look for a kernal of excitement. In the morning, I say: "What is my exciting thing for today?" Then, I do the day. don't ask me about tomorrow." - Barbara Jordan

Last edited by thinthinker; 01-31-2002 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-31-2002, 07:39 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Hi gang...

I'm on the run as usual, but I had to stop and report the teeny tiny baby steps that have made me feel so good today! I have been in a real funk...just floudering and wondering WHY I can't get my **** together and get back on and STAY on track. I feel like a dork posting sometimes because I'll tell of positive great days and then I'm back in the pits again...feel like you guys must think, hmmm...nutcase...

Anyway, I have been meaning to sign up for a "Swing and Hustle" class for dh and myself...have had the booklet here, just waiting for me to call (P*R*O*C*R*A*S*T*I*N*A*T*I*O*N--my specialty!) I even made him take the day off from work (told him weeks ago!) So I came across the booklet again,and began skimming through...so many classes I want to take! I believe I had mentioned a drawing class also...well, I found a class that I have been dying to take for years and I actually signed up for it...(along with the dance class!) Adult Children of Alcoholic/Dysfunctional Families...it focuses on the coping mechanisms that children use to deal with
and how they carry these over into adulthood, resulting in self destructive behaviors. It's a 4 session course, starting in March. I can't wait! I KNOW this is going to be a positive step for me!

On a lighter note...Thin, that chicken/pineapple/salsa thing sounds GRAND! I do chicken and salsa in the crockpot (YUM) but this sounds QUICK and tasty! You're full of good ideas there, kiddo!

Homework is calling me...Gee, I thought I finished school a long time ago!

Hi to everyone...at the risk of repeating myself, I'm SO thankful for all of you here. Thank you everyone!

Gotta run...
Old 01-31-2002, 09:35 PM   #10  

Kat: I have the 8 Min Tae Bo but forgot, so thanks for reminding me. Here we can go from 80 degrees below zero wind chill in the Winter to 100 degrees above zero in the Summer.. You make me jealous. I miss dancing so much. I have to work on that I suppose.

Thin: thanks for the recipes. I will be making them this weekend. Does anyone know how many calories there are in a WW point? You did great on your food choices too. We are all taking such control. Sorry to hear about your Winter weather but happy it’s not here. We have had a good one for a change.

2Cute: I hate ice too, it causes so much damage and is so dangerous. Well, first of all it was a “he” so I don’t know if I can compare him to you. OH, he was so cute and hot!!!! I wonder where he is tonight? Okay, 2Cute, sorry the Richie impersonator would win...remember, he was male!!!! and HOT!

Good job at dinner – isn’t it great to know YOU have the power.

Jehari: We will be here to help you through the time your hubby is at camp. "Some people dream of success. Others wake up and work hard at it." I love this. Thanks for posting it.

I found my bellydancing tapes on the internet but don’t get the ones I did. I don’t think they do very good with the instructions and I stay confused. The ones I have are Bellydancing Slow and Fast, by Atea. I have seen on TV and in a magazine ones called Bellydance Fitness for Beginners, by Veena & Neena Bidasha. I am checking into them so I will let you know what I find out.

Malia: I have rs sweat & shout too so thanks for reminding me…I have all the tools to exercise I just have to decide to do it.

My day was good but I had better get to work on my grocery list so I can stop there after work tomorrow night.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:57 PM   #11  

I found some bellydancing tapes here. They are cheaper than other places:

http://www.half.com/search/search.js...ance&meta_id=3
Old 02-01-2002, 08:03 AM   #12  

Yippee we hit 0 degrees today...heat wave.

How is everyone? I have big organizing plans for this weekend since I didn't do it two weeks ago when I said I would. I blame my cold, which is finally on its way out of my system.

Happy Friday......

Time to dance my way to gorgeous!
Old 02-01-2002, 08:07 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Hey, it's me again...

I just came in from one HORRENDOUS night at work...one of the worst I have had in a LONG time. It's funny though, at work, I can deal with many crises at once and just cruise through, don't need to turn to food for comfort...not that I had the time to anyway! At home, well, that's a whole 'nother story! Of course I don't have a pantry at my disposal at work! I know I jinxed myself last night, whenever I bring a book to work, on the off chance I will have a minute to read, all **** breaks loose!

Actually, the book I brought with me is Oprah's book with Bob Greene, "Making the Connection." I bought it at the Dollar Store! $$$ Yeah that's right, I'm a BIG spender!! I don't know if anyone's read it, but just reading her story, about being so PUBLICLY out of control, while seemingly having it all, makes me realize that this ILLNESS crosses all boundaries. It's not just me being a bad person or a failure because I can't (SO FAR) lose this weight! I've only just started the book, so I will keep you posted on anything worthwhile.

In the meantime, I'm feeling back in control and plan on having a great day; food/exercise/attitude-wise!

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll check back later, after a wee nappie!
Old 02-01-2002, 11:05 AM   #14  
a work in progress...

One more thing...

I saw this on another thread and it made me think of you guys...

Friends are like stars. You can't always see them, but you know they're always there.

Thanks for being there!
Old 02-01-2002, 12:00 PM   #15  

Angry I'm sneaking in again...

Good morning

I do not have much time. Having company in my guest room has sure put a damper on my computer posting time.
The ice storm did not hit here. YEAH !!!! I have friends that got hit and all the "power poles" broke from the weight of the ice. Not just the lines....the POLES!!! They will be without electricity for a least a week to ten days. They said on the news they aren't counting the poles... they are counting the MILES.

My burns are healing nicely.
My face only has about the size of a silver dollar left scabbing. Layers are still peeling...like when you have a sunburn. Sort of like really really dry skin flaking sometimes.
My chest is doing well too. Only my upper arm looks bad still ... but it too is healing. They all still burn like "raw" skin ... but not really pain. Oh yeah, my lip still has a spot about the size of a penny. I feel very confident that in another week I will be back pretty close to normal.

I wish I had time to reply to everyone but I need to get going.
I hope I get back in tonight to catch up.
My food is doing good.
I even have gotten a lot of my paper clutter cleaned since I couldn't get to my computer.
That is a sure sign that I have been on the computer too much in the past.

Have a Fun Friday everyone !!!!!!! Do something you have been putting off until you get skinny. Do it TODAY !!!!! It sounds liek Katrina is.... here is a picture for her and her dancing.
Closed Thread