South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 03:38 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Groundhog Day Chitter-Chatter

Mornin' Beachies!

When you get up I think I'll either be sleeping or very tired! I've stayed up far too late tonight! But I figured I'd get this set up for you and say hi to those I haven't seen in a bit. I caught some awful flu-bug over the weekend and spent most of the week in bed, recouping.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a great beginning to 'Super Bowl Weekend.' If we haven't already, let's share tips on things we can eat, do, and NOT do to keep ourselves OP on Sunday. How about eating something healthy (veggies?) before going to a SP party so you aren't starving and tempted? Another option...try bringing/making/eating edamame (soy beans) as a snack. They eat them like peanuts in Japan...even at baseball games! Just get a package of frozen edamame and cook in boiling salted water until heated. They are pre-cooked, so no worries if you don't heat them enough. Drain and sprinkle with salt. To eat, just crack open the pod (DON'T EAT THE PODS!!!!) and shake the beans into your mouth. They are really good and buttery and it's great to have something to do with your hands!

Have a great day...let's hope for an early spring!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:45 AM   #2  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

TGIF!! Most of you are still warm and cozy in bed while I'm up running around getting things ready to go before I wake up the girls.

Beachgal - You really should go to bed earlier...especially after being sick all week. Hope you're feeling better today.

Me - The little one seems to be completely over whatever it was that got her on Wednesday night. She was back to giving me fits at bedtime. Silly girl!! At least she let me sleep until 3:30 this morning before screaming. She's fast asleep in my bed now. I'm headed to the first day of a week-long training course in Catia (a 3D modeling/design program) today. So next week I'll either be on really early or really late. Catch y'all later...time to dry my hair and figure out where I put my jeans. I love casual Friday.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:55 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drying off and warming up after being doused by cold water! I went down to prime the pump, undid the plug expecting air and got soaked by ice cold water! Obviously it didn't need priming! I'll call Charlie again this morning.

It's not snowing and the sun's not up yet so we'll see if the Canadian Groundhog, Wiarton Willy, sees his shadow later.

Beachgal, you need more sleep! Do I have to come down there and slap you? Hmmm- maybe I could use your nice new bathroom for a hot tub.

Jet, enjoy your casual Friday! I may do the same here at home although casual around here would be naked!

Not much on the agenda today except dealing with my water woes and trying to keep a positive attitude about the situation. Slap me if I whine, OK?

What's happening on your stretch of sand this TGIF?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Beachgal, Go to bed! You may be feeling better, but you still need your sleep or you're going to end up sick again.

Jet, Glad your wee one is all better! After spending the week with 2 little ones, I actually missed having them creep into my bed to snuggle up with me last night. Enjoy your day!

Ruth, you must be WIDE awake now, after that rude wake-up call. Brrrr!

I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee without having to gulp it down for the first time all week. Cindy and Richard got home late last night, so I have this morning off, and she only needs me for a few hours this afternoon. It's funny, but I'm actually missing waking the girls up and getting them ready for school. I know they're going to be a little dissappointed when they look outside and see that we didn't get the snowstorm we were expecting, we only ended up with a light coating. The kids have all been waiting and wishing for a nice snow, but so far we haven't had anything to brag about. I just heard that the groundhog didn't see his shadow, so does that mean that spring is coming earlier this year?

Well, I'm going to go get dressed and see what groceries we need. I'll talk to you all later.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:48 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Well, Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow in PA and Sam didn't see his shadow in Nova Scotia. Now we'll see what Wiarton Willy does in Ontario. So far it looks like an early spring but I'll believe it when I see it.

A week from today I'll be taking the girls to the kennel and setting off on my Florida "adventure". Time to make lists of things to do like setting light timers and cluing in the neighbours to keep an eye on the house. Eric will check for heat daily - I suspect he won't have to check for whether or not the water is working!

Cottage, I'd love to send you some of this snow. We got about 6" yesterday and more is floating down right now. Very Christmassy - just a bit late!

I'm going to grab another coffee and call Charlie at eight. Poor guy has been really busy with folks with frozen pipes and furnaces that died! I guess I should count my blessings - nice warm house and two warm and cuddly dogs.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #6  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Thanks for the groundhog report, Ruth. I was fully prepared to make a trip to PA and throw a bag of quick-set cement down Phil's hole!!
Old 02-02-2007, 08:54 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Now, Jet! None of that! I'd have to report you to the SPCA!

Wiarton Willy is still out and sniffling around in the snow so early spring in this part of the country. (April 1 is "early" around here! )
Old 02-02-2007, 09:52 AM   #8  

Spring is right around the corner so says Phil! Well you wouldn't know it from were I'm sitting! The last 2 days we've had ice and snow and rain...down powerlines. Spotty internet connections and No TIVO!!!! Ah, but it gave me time to catch up on my studies...
Today got to go pick up my truck.. I really thought I needed brakes but the mechanic said not yet...just some brake fluid.. Nice to find an honest mechanic...
when I dropped it off, he said put the key under the car mat, or under the Kitty food or drop it through the broken window I'm still not use to more rural living! I use to had to fill out a form and drop it in an official drop box.
Right now I have to do some negotiating with this Architect we like... her costs are wayyyy to high...
Old 02-02-2007, 10:05 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

Morning all, just coming in to say HI. I'm still feeling lousy & it's my day off, so I'm going back to bed. Have a good day.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:08 AM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Stupid Groundhog. He's never right! He'll say "Oh yes, early spring" and then you'll have ice storms through May. Where did he get his degree in meteorology, anyway?

I do love the movie Groundhog's Day with Bill Murray. I could watch it over and over (which is ironic because it's pretty much the same thing over and over.)

Beachgal, why do you stay up so late? I stayed up an hour past my bedtime because I had to work for awhile last night, and I slept in an hour and I'm still pooped. I hope you get plenty of rest! Don't want to get sick again!

Jet, ooh I used to love Casual Friday too. Tomorrow and Sunday my boss has allowed us to have a "Theme Weekend" where we can wear Bears jerseys, hats, shirts, etc. He's a Bears fan, but so am I, so it all works out nicely. I'll make sure to wear my Bears attire tomorrow.

Ruthie, DANG! You're just having all kinds of problems with your water. Tell Charlie that it wasn't fun getting cold water all over you.

Cottage, hope you had a nice relaxed morning!

Schnatzo, sorry about the ice storms and such down there. It really is nice when you find an honest mechanic. It took us forever but we finally found one here.

Well, because I had to work 3 hours yesterday on my day off, I get to go in at 3:30 today instead of 12:30. WOO HOO! I'm going to do a whole lot of nothing. I just want to lie around all day. Maybe I'll make myself a cup of tea...

Hope everyone else has a fabulous OP day!

Lisa
Old 02-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

Woops, Hi Soon! Sorry you're feeling poopy. Feel better!
Old 02-02-2007, 10:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

I love the movie Groundhog Day too! It's playing on the Comedy Channel all day today, and tomorrow morning.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #13  
RNMOM

Default Brrrr.............

Hi ladies,

A very cold day here, schools are closed because it is a -30 F! I'm so glad I don't have to be out there! I finally have a day off and have the worse cold! Considering the company I keep I'm not too surprised, however, I am a fanatic handwasher and I thought I was doing a good job, but apparently having sick people sneeze and cough in your face just is too much.

Anyway...
Ruth, I'm still cold just thinking about your rude wake up call.
Weezle, have a fun "lay around"!
Schatzi, honey I'm telling ya, I could be your arkyteck!
soon, have a good back to bed!!! I love those!
cottage, what's yer address, I'll mail ya some snow!
beach, the endamame thing sounds kinda interesting, I may have to give that a try.

Well, I'm off, I have a dozen things to do, my DIL is still contracting, I'm not sure she's going to make it through the weekend. Hopefully she can, the little guy needs to "cook" a bit longer.

Hugs to all!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:27 AM   #14  

Morning gals!!

Cottage You are welcome to come to Texas to get my girls ready in the morning ANYTIME you want. Today was a bit tearful around our house as they are always pooped on Fridays.

Weezle Hope you and DH are okay. Things have been rough at our house for about the last 6 months as well. Good for you for going to counseling, that may be our next step.

Ruth Yuck! I bet you didn't need much coffee after that wake up call. Hope you are able to get it all worked out!

Soon Morning girlie!

Beachgal Good idea on the edamame. Weezle posted some yummy sounding appetizers last week that I am going to try. Get some sleep!!!! you body needs it!!

RN Holy shimoly! I cannot even fathom -30!!!! Stay warm today!!

Schatzers That is wonderful that you only need brake fluid for your truck and not new brakes. I agree that it is refreshing to come across honest people.

Jet We typically get to wear jeans on Fridays as well- I love it! Not today as we have staff pictures. Glad your little one is feeling better.

Me- Eating was less than stellar yesterday, although today is better. It snowed here yesterday and last night, so the roads were pretty icy this morning. It took me an hour and a half to make what is usually a 45 minute jaunt. No fun!!!!

Okay, I need to fill up my water bottle and get a move on. Have a great day all!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #15  
Live, Laugh, Love

Kiko, I hope we end up ok too. I just have been wondering for awhile. Counseling really helps, if that's a step you're considering. Hope you and your DH are ok too.

I suppose I should find something to eat today.... otherwise I'll go nuts tonight when I get home. Don't want to do that!!!

WindyCity, thanks for letting me know about Groundhog Day on TV! I'm watching it now!
Closed Thread