Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2001, 03:02 PM   #1  

Good morning everyone, I hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Well I woke up with a thumping headache and really don't want to be at work at all The first thing someone said when I got in was that I look tired, just what I needed! I didn't have a very good day yesterday because I was annoyed the scales hadn't moved, then I couldn't decide what to cook when I got home from work, so ended up cooking nothing but snacking on crackers, cheese, nuts and potato chips, all my worst trigger foods. Top that off with a couple glasses of wine and no wonder I don't feel too good today. Does anybody else feel like they are never going to lose weight??? Sorry to be so negative.

My stats are that I am currently 182 pounds and want to get down to 140. To me 182 sounds very very high but I have to remember that I was once 259.

Sorry that my post seems negative again, I know that I go through cycles and that I am just in the slump at the moment. I will get through this!!

Phoebe
Old 02-08-2001, 06:01 PM   #2  
BYE! 2 my fat @ss 4 ever

PHOEBE We all understand 100%!!! The good thing is we're here for you to say HEY SNAP OUT OF IT Sorry so blunt but I know thats what I need to hear at times! Besides Phoebe not to be too personal or anything but you did mention it was TOM TIME, so with that in consideration... you know what I'm saying! Yes I feel like I am never going to lose weght! But I will, it just won't happen over night like I (we) would like it too. I took two steps back this week, my goal for next week is to lose the 4 pds, I gained this past week. I'll tell ya losing 4 pds. in 1 wk. is MUCH HARDER than gaining 4 pds. in one week! I didn't get around to riding my bike yesterday so this morning and this evening I'm doing it! GONNA GO DO IT RIGHT NOW!!! Everyone have a good positive day Cindi
Old 02-08-2001, 08:11 PM   #3  
One more time

Phoebe The last couple of days wern't very good for me either. All I did was eat junk food. I'm dicovering that if I don't eat good I get headaches. So in this process of trying to lose weigh I'm learning a awful lot about myself and my body. So I can't go back, I like whats happening even if its slow. My weight is really coming off slow. But I'm not gaining. And I was slacking off the water, and you really need to drink that water. I NEED PATIENCE Cindi's right it's harder to lose than it is to gain.

So Cindi keep plugging away remember it was the tortoise that won the race and not the hare. Slow but steady.

I've wanted the Richard Simmons Move and Grove thing. Found out Avon is selling them. And a friend of my sell Avon. So I'm ordering one from her. Didn't want to put it on my credit card and by the time you mail a check in it takes around six weeks or more to get anything like that so I'm going through Avon.

Its going to be in the 60's and 70's here today, going out to do a little yard work. Suppose to rain a little this afternoon. Get some excerising in this way also.

Well, Phoebe, Cindi and Cathy have a very nice day. And keep drinking that water.
Sandy
Old 02-08-2001, 10:32 PM   #4  
Gym'll fix it!!

hi girls..phoebe read your own post again!! you say sometimes you think you will never lose the weight and in the next paragraph you go on to tell us the phenomenal weightloss that you have already achieved!!Silly girl you have lost an incredible 77lbs!!!!!!! and you want to lose another 42lbs..almost half of what you have already lost..of course you will do it..and as cindi said we all have days when we think its a waste of time and we'll never do it..but we will..just think ahead..not next week or next month..six months ahead..imagine yourself as you want to be..thats what i do..its a beautiful summer day and i am out in the sun..i am slim..happy..this is my goal and i intend to get there by july\august...cindi you are so right about how easy it is to gain the weight back..it seems to take forever for me to shift a lb but if i eat a couple of cookies it seems to come back overnight sandy good luck with the move and groove..i have one of his dance 'exercise' tapes..good fun..but a little long at 70 minutes...the weather sounds nice were you are..it snowed here last night hoping it will wash away later today....have a nice day....cathy.
Old 02-09-2001, 08:00 PM   #5  
One more time

Phoebe, you are doing so good. I really envy you. Just keep up the good work, you will reach your goal.

Cathy, I could never get through 70mins of excerise. I just walk on the treadmill while the tape is going. Sometimes I do a little of the excerise. I really just like the music. Really need to do more of the crunches though.

Today is a better day. Didn't gain or loose.
Had a stormy night last night. And its suppose to be getting cold again. Winters back for us. But got a little of the yard work done yesterday.

Cathy when you get back sorry to hear about the death in you family.

Well got to go clean the house. Had a fight with hubby last night and he wants me to have lunch with him, its his way of making up.
Sandy
Old 02-09-2001, 08:24 PM   #6  
BYE! 2 my fat @ss 4 ever

Change of plans! I would have had to go alone, wasn't close to them anyways. So "water under the bridge"... Well not much else to say except I rediscovered the wonderful taste of watermellon last night. It was the seedless kind which made it even more enjoyable! It's such a hassle with seeds. Eat right...Exercise...Be Happy!! Cindi
Old 02-09-2001, 09:17 PM   #7  

Hello everyone, hope we are all okay today.

Cindi, sorry about your bad news. Glad you rediscovered watermelon though, its delicious! And thanks for the virtual kick up the butt you gave me the other day when I was feeling low. I am happy to say that I am back on track feeling positive again

Cathy and Sandy, thanks for saying I was doing great, I needed to hear that. I think we all do sometimes. Is it a woman thing that we always underestimate ourselves?

I hope you enjoyed your lunch with hubby!

The weather here is gorgeous today, the sun is so bright I have had to pull the blinds down in the office. Shame to keep the light out but otherwise I can't see my PC

Well, I hope you all have a great, healthy, positive thinking, stress free weekend!!

Phoebe

Old 02-09-2001, 11:21 PM   #8  
Gym'll fix it!!

hi girls..Cindi..sorry to hear your news but glad in a way that you are not going and will be here to motivate us!! Sandi: i'm with you..just using the treadmill..i don't know..i just feel like i have done enough when i get thru with that!! and i could lose faster but i must admit i'm not really trying in that department..but it is coming off s-l-o-w-l-y and i will have to be patient like you...Phoebe: glad to hear that our nagging got you back on track..i can't believe the sun is shining in the u.k. hope you all have a good week-end..cathy.
Old 02-10-2001, 06:50 PM   #9  
BYE! 2 my fat @ss 4 ever

Good morning, Phoebe WOW!!! you've lost 77 lbs. now thats something to be proud of!! Sorry for the late reaction to a post from a day or two ago, kinda' been out to lunch lately Thanks for the sunshine visual I needed that!! Speaking of "out to lunch" thenewme did you have a nice time making up with your hubby? If nothing else you had someone to eat catfish with Cat90, your burning up the treadmill girl! you deserve a sunshiny day walk outside Well I'm off to do my exersising before I do like yesterday... never get around to it Cindi
Old 02-10-2001, 11:06 PM   #10  
Gym'll fix it!!

hi girls...had a good day yesterday just hope i can get thru the week-end without going overboard..i'm having steak for dinner tho' come **** or high water i think i'll make a baked spud with f\f sour cream..chives and vegetables..i should be able to get away with that..cindi: i almost missed using my treadmill yesterday but i did'nt want to spoil my 'record'..been on it for 38 days in a row now..so i ended up going on it while i watched the fugitive at 9pm..i'll make sure i go on it earlier today..i don't want to miss once in case i start to make a habit of it...cya tomorrow..cathy.
Old 02-10-2001, 11:38 PM   #11  
Connecticut

Hi! I just wanted to pop in and say how much I admire you ladies and your upbeat attitudes! Reading your posts has been good for my own motivation ... and I just wanted to say thank you. I know Cathy and Sandy from "Ten Pounds" ... you ladies are doing just so well, I hope you continue with your success. It's hard but it will be worth it in the end! Terry
Old 02-11-2001, 11:18 PM   #12  
BYE! 2 my fat @ss 4 ever

Good afternoon... I have SUNSHINE here where I live WOOHOO!! and sure makes my day!! On my way to church I heard on the radio Brittany Spears loses 5-6 pds. after each show! She drinks gatorade afterwards for that reason. I saw in concert and she does really put alot of effort into her stage performance, but WOW I can't even begin to imagine being able to lose that much in one workout. That would be great, if I could have as much fun as she does and get paid as much doing it I'm sure I would be able to handle it!! Well gonna go grab lunch and do laundry, Where did this weekend go? and the last one, and the last one, Cindi
Old 02-12-2001, 12:50 AM   #13  
Gym'll fix it!!

hi girls...its sunny here too..don't you feel much better when the sun is shining
i know i do...well..i had the dinner i had planned but i also had a lot of things i did'nt plan too..never mind...i'll get there in the end!! cya tomorrow..cathy.
Old 02-12-2001, 07:28 PM   #14  
BYE! 2 my fat @ss 4 ever

Good Morning & Happy Monday... I received an Email today thought I'd share it here. SUCCESS ~~~ The road to success is not straight...There is a curve called failure...A loop called confusion...Speed bumps called friends...Red lights called enemies...Caution lights called family...You will have flats called jobs but...If you have a spare called determination...An engine called perserverance...insurance called faith...A driver called Jesus...You will make it to a place called success! Have a good day ! Cindi
Old 02-12-2001, 08:41 PM   #15  

Hello everyone, happy Monday

Thanks for your kind words Cool Mom, we all try to stay positive and smile at things

Well I had a good weekend foodwise, and counted housework and DIY as exercise. I'll get back to walking to work tomorrow, didn't this morning as the rain was lashing down. Just a quick post today, work is frantic. I will post longer tomorrow.

Take care everyone,

Phoebe

[This message has been edited by Phoebe (edited 02-12-2001).]
Closed Thread