UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 04:03 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default Funky February Chat Thread

Morning morning all!

New month, new blank spreadsheet page for me - can I tick every box for food, weights and cardio??? That's what I'm aiming for this month

Well I've got kickboxing tonight and it's the sparring portion of my belt test (I have already passed but for some reason Lee wants to watch me beat people up ). I'm only slightly hungover from the pink champagne!!! And considering I was going to make a huge fuss and get lots of nice stuff to eat like ice cream and choccies - I didn't. I ended up with a goat's cheese crostini thing that I made myself. One small slice of bread, 2 thin slices of apple and a smidge of organic honey. Then I thought I'd be starving later, but the champagne filled me - I had 4 choccies I think and they weren't that great. I didn't buy ice cream in the end and I didn't eat more than I should've done at all. I did end the day at 2000 but that won't do too much damage at all

Chris - I hope Hannah's feeling better. It sucks being a teenager.

Helen - those little voices were getting stronger last night while I read Runners World! I just have to check with Lee to see when I might be getting my black belt and if there's enough time to train properly for the mara after that. I should have decided by tonight! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK Oh and DH might tag along to Amsterdam, which will be nice, and we might get the train I likeses trainses! Plus he HAS to be there to see me finish my first marathon....

Sarah - chin up luvvy, sometimes it's not about motivation, it's about JUST DOING IT! And even though you don't feel like your head's in the game, you're making FANTASTIC progress

HM - deffo check out those Red Days - I have every faith in you. Writing stuff down does help

everyone else and hope we have a successful February and shake off those January blues.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:26 AM   #2  

Happy February everyone.

I am getting excited cos I am off on my hols on 12th to malta. I know the weather won't be great but I bought one of those plastic macs -long length so I can 'christen it'. I also got one for my friend who is coming with me. We will be there for about 9 days all in all and will be based in Valetta but will travel around the island and go to Gozo if we have time.

Probably won't come back sun burnt!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/197/132

Height: 5'4"

Wish I could be like you Frus, you always sound like you're overflowing with energy.
I completely fell off the wagon the last few days. On Monday night I started getting really sharp pains in my side every time I breathed in - it felt like I'd broken a rib or punctured a lung or something. Then it started to feel like my diaphragm was absolutely rigid and I just couldn't catch a breath. That lasted till last night and this morning is the first time I feel back to normal. But it meant I've been slobbing the last few days and ended up saying 'Oh well it's nearly Feb so I'll just eat chocolate til the end of Jan'.
On the plus side, I went to Glasgow to pick up my new bike on Tuesday, so I'll start cycling to Uni next week, and also I just made a salad for lunch which is a huge achievement for me cos I don't really like veg. Just got to get on with it now cos I can't take another call from my mum saying 'So have you lost anything yet? Why not??'...
Old 02-01-2007, 04:46 AM   #4  

Just wanted to say hello - I am on week 2 of Slimming World and hoping to join in with the chat!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:59 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

WWAB - have you got family history of gallstones? Sounds like it could be something like that - had you eaten a fatty meal beforehand?

My energy comes from spending energy! Spend more, get more! Also find something you love and something that gets you excited every day! Like kickboxing and lifting weights - or horse riding or trampolining or dancing or something. Then every day's a blast!

Hi cherrycupcake join in anywhere you please!
Old 02-01-2007, 05:13 AM   #6  

Question

hi,sorry to butt in, but i keep trying to get my ticker and when i cut and paste it says invalid file. from posting on a different forum ages ago i know i have to change the end, but i cant remember which bit and what to. can anyone help, thanks, mad
Old 02-01-2007, 05:33 AM   #7  
aka Superwoman!

When you make your ticker - above the bit you cut and paste it tells you which one you have to cut and paste for it to work on 3FC. THen just paste it into your signature.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:44 AM   #8  

Thumbs up

yeh i did it. thanks for replying 2frustrated, i think i was trying to paste it into the wrong box, doh, mad
Old 02-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

We watched Rocky last night! I just downloaded the running music - roll on marathon training.....
Old 02-01-2007, 06:46 AM   #10  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Morning, everyone. The 2lbs of temporary lard I was carrying yesterday disappeared overnight - along with another 1lb. I just realised that this puts me exactly one stone away from my goal weight - which is a very strange feeling!

I just had a lovely walk - its beautifully sunny and quite warm weather here - so I did a fair few miles and managed to end up feeling a lot more positive about Life, the Universe and Everything than I did when I started. Came home and had a cup of coffee out in the back garden (or whats left of it after all that wind!) Ellie's face was a picture... in her life experience Humans don't sit outside - they either WALK outside or SIT inside - you could see the panic written right across her face and she kept on grabbing my sleeve and trying to pull me indoors.

Welcome to Cherrycupcake and Madaboutbooks

Wanna - That pain sounds worrying. If you get it again you really ought to go see the doctor!

Peacock - You lucky thing! You might not get brown but if you get this kind of weather it will be perfect for sightseeing that it holds for you.

Frus and Helen..... 'Little Voices'??????? D'you think maybe all the exercise has addled your brain cells???

Chris - Don't feel badly about Hannah - you did what you thought was right - and thats what being a good Mum is all about. Sounds to me like the school might have some issues that THEY need to resolve.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:56 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

You mean you haven't got little voices telling YOU to run a marathon????
Old 02-01-2007, 07:15 AM   #12  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Morning ladies

Thanks for the nice statements on Hannah... I have a vets appointment this morning for Pen and Lew and am going to take Hannah along... not so I can get a second opinion from the vet for her, honest...but so after, we can go to te beach nearby and walk with them, I think it will do her the world of good, and me as well.

February...again...I've already broken my New Year resolution, I now have three birthday cards that are late, as the birthdays were the end of Jan and today, not that who they're for will notice, as they've been late for about the past six years...

Dull and cloudy here this morning and slightly chilly, but I have hope that the sun will pop it's smiley head out later for our walk.

Sarah... was it warm enough out to drink your after your walk? That's lovely, I do like sitting outside...Glad to hear that you're feeling more optomistic, one stone to go to goal, that's so brilliant, :congratulations:

Frus, no voices here....none at all telling me to run a marathon, if I did hear that, I would probably mistake it for the voices saying run and eat a marathon Not that they're called that anymore, but they were when I grew up.

WWAB...keep an eye on that pain and take it easy... well done on making a salad, just be careful what you throw all over it in the way of dressing

Ok, time to get ready for curves... see you all later.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #13  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I thought everyone had them

Frus, there's no need to decide just yet (unless you want to of course). You could always try out the training for a while before deciding whether to go for the full or the half. It would be nice if DH came along to cheer you on (or see if he has any little voices of his own ).

Sarah - it was lovely and warm here yesterday too. Well, warm for January. I was boiling during my run and was wishing I'd worn less. That's a first this year!

I've not had a great start to the month. My mum texted me and apparently my dad is in a clinic in Egypt on a drip because he's got some sort of infection I'm not sure what it is (I don't know whether they're sure anyway) because I only got the briefest of details, but hopefully he'll be feeling better soon and able to enjoy the rest of the holiday.

My knee and hip are feeling a bit funny today. Nothing too serious, but I might skip my run tomorrow so they're OK for the long one at the weekend. I felt like I was struggling a bit more than normal last night (7.3 miles), but it could just be because I was trying to keep up with some faster people than I usually try to keep up with. I'm out for a curry with running club tonight, so that should be fun. I've also discovered that I'm lying 4th in the overall rankings for my club for cross country, despite missing one of the races. Woo hoo! I can only do one of the two that are left, so I might slip a bit if anyone does them both, but I'm still very proud of myself.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:20 AM   #14  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Nope - no little voices telling me to run a marathon - my little voices aren't that helpful - they mostly try and persuade me to eat stuff I don't want (like cheese!)
Old 02-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Good morning to you all

Thank you for your kind words.

Helen let us know how your father is doing when you hear more.

Chris your great.

Wanna hope your feeling a little better but any pain needs to be investigated
so I'd pop along to your GP.

Peacock I had the best holiday in Malta before I was married enjoy yourself.

Sarah glad the post office is going well. Blimey stone away from your target well done you.

I'm feeling a bit better today. I am still six pounds heavier than I was before Christmas and I have gained another pound which takes me to nine stone 12.
It could have been alot worse the way I have been eating. However being as it is a new month I am making a fresh new start. I'm just about to make some breakfast. I am still very tired and may even think about getting my bloods done to see if I am deficient in anything. All week I have been dreaming sometimes I remember them sometimes I don't but again that seems to leave me exhausted. All very strange.

Its great to be back at my gym though although last night I felt so tired
I couldn't even run so just walked and did the cross trainer.

Have a lovely day everyone

Michele
Closed Thread