Old 01-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #1  
Sandi

S/C/G: 266/252.6/125

Height: 5'

Default I am new here

Hi everyone,

I am new here and just wanted to come in and say Hi.

I am at a point in my life, where I need all the help and support that I can get. I have 1/2 of my body weight to lose, and it just seems overwhelming.

For some reason, I sabbatoge myself at every turn. I just don't know what is wrong with me. But now I am to the point that I am getting older, and if I don't gain some control over my weight, I will drop dead of a heart attack soon. I am not ready for that. So I hope you will share with me your plans and ideas and that I can lean on all of you now that I am ready to start this journey.
Munch7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! You can do it!
MaWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:59 PM   #3  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome!!!

I know this is so cliche', but you really do have to take it one day at a time. If you can eat right today and exercise today, then you have done all you can do.

With all of my past failures (which I have banned myself from speaking or even thinking about), I'm coming to realize that 99.99% of this is mental. Once your mind is on the right path, the other things come naturally. That's why this forum is so wonderful. So many supportive ladies and positive mentalities. You will feel right at home.

Good luck and keep posting!!!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:18 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome to another Sandi on the board!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:34 PM   #5  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Welcome,

I agree with Tiffany that so much of weight loss is mental. You can do this!

What will you be doing for your food plan? Have you seen websites like fitday.com where you can track your calories?
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:01 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Am I reading correctly, are you another 5 footer? Cause that's what I am. I felt exactly the same way as you. I had an overwhelming amount of weight to lose as well. I still have quite a bit more to lose in fact. But you start chipping away at it pound by pound. And before you know it what once seemed insurmountable is a real possiblity and well within reach. It really is doable. The right state of mind is ESSENTIAL. With determination you really, really can do this. The more you do it, the more determined you become.

I'm glad you've found 3FC and the 100 lb club. This is truly a great place for support, advice and encouragement. Looking forward to getting to know you. Good luck. Hope to hear from you soon.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 298/289/192

Height: 5"8"

Welcome Munch
debsarooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:17 AM   #8  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Hi !! Welcome !

You can do this !! And you will feel so much better as the pounds start to drop ...
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:17 AM   #9  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Sandi!

Welcome!

You found a GREAT place! Each of us stood or are standing right where you are today when we began our weight loss. We KNOW how you are feeling, and we are there for you, Sandi!!

You have made a HUGE step in admitting that you need to lose weight! So many of us stay in denial for way too long! Congratulations for making the move to health and happiness!

Make yourself a nice cup of tea, and sit and read awhile! There are SOOOOO many tips here and great people to meet!

Good luck on the beginning of your journey!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:56 AM   #10  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the group. I don't have many tips and advises for you cause I'm really just starting out. (I think my weightloss was just due to breastfeeding.) My advise is go with a whole foods lifestyle & lay some rules down for your home...atleast that is what I've done so far. Anyway, you have taken the first step.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:59 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

So glad you decided to join us! We are here to provide all of the encouragement and support you need. Have you read the NSV threads and the mini-goals threads? These threads are very encouraging and are full of posts from women just like us who are changing their lives and getting healthier and slimmer.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:00 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome - you've just found the best support site on the web!! We have some wonderful folks on here that will get you through the tough times. Make a hot cup of tea (I put Benefiber in mine so it fills me up too!) and enjoy reading all the good ideas on here!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

Hi,

We've all felt exactly the same as you're feeling right now - like it's impossible. But you do really just have to take that first step and take it a day/ a week at a time and the weight will consistently come off until you've lost half your body weight. It won't happen overnight but it will happen if you work at it. Good luck with it.

EM
EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote