Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #1  

Question How much wine is allowed in phase 2?

I'm an oenophile to the max. I am on day 13 and have been on my nest behavior. I haven't found any guidelines in the books on how much wine is allowed (a).

Other winos please chime in!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #2  

my "best" behavior!
Old 01-12-2007, 06:05 PM   #3  

Hi Wino 1-2 glasses of red wine are allowed a day and need not be counted as part of the 75 calories. (See the sticky for phase 2 complete food list)
Old 01-30-2007, 02:33 PM   #4  
5 months til swimsuits...

S/C/G: 150/140/115

Height: 5'1"

I too am a wino. I'm on phase 1, day 9... Counting down the days until wine is allowed... I miss wine more than chocolate!

I have 2 questions:

#1 - Since 1-2 glasses are allowed/day in Phase 2, I'm wondering if I could "save up" my wine allowance (a la Weight Watchers)? I generally don't have wine early in the week, but would love to indulge in 3-4 glasses on a Saturday evening over a long dinner with friends...

#2 - Has anyone tried low carb wine? I was in the wine shop last night to pick up a present (and stare temptation in the face) & I noticed Brown-Forman One.6 and One.9 (chardonnay and merlot, respectively) - low carb wines. - The names reflect the carbs/glass. I'm just wondering what the skinny is on these wines - are they worth it?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2007, 08:24 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

1. Sorry but you should not save up your wine allowance until the weekend if you intend to follow the South Beach rules.

2. Unless you drink sweet wine, I wouldn't get the "reduced carb" stuff. Dry wine has 159 calories and only 3 carbs in 8 whole ounces - two glasses! This is according to Fitday for dry table wine.

(I'm a wino too and wish I could have given you a better answer to #1 but, as MOD, I have to advise by the rules or somebody will jump on me!)
Old 01-31-2007, 10:11 AM   #6  
5 months til swimsuits...

S/C/G: 150/140/115

Height: 5'1"

Thanks Ruthxxx! I'll just have to start drinking earlier in the week! I'm glad that I don't have to bother with the low-carb wines. I figured they were just a marketing gimick...

Ahhh, only 5 more days until I can uncork the Brunello...
Closed Thread