Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 10:51 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay At Home Mom's #30

STAY AT HOME MOM'S #30
GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE!!

Welcome to a thread full of humor, encouragement, friendship & fellowship, as we share the ups & downs of raising a family & losing weight! We welcome all new friends & our returning friends too!!

Be sure to go back and check out the Stay At Home Mom's #29 thread to see what has been going on in everyone's lives & meet our newcomers.

Ginny
Old 01-28-2002, 11:04 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Boy am I dense. I just had a reply all set and pushed the wrong button...............gone!!!!!
So, this will be short.
Sorry to hear about those who have been dealing with sickness, Jackie and Lilbitofsunshine (Misti, right?). The baby being sick sounds like such an awful scare. And Jackie, tragedy seems to be rampant in your neck of the woods these days. That truck/car crash was so sad. I cannot imagine losing children to that kind of horror. Guess that is why I contribute to Mothers Against Drunk Driving................ Hope that everyone is feeling better.
Spryng- when does Dd get her rash checked out?

Someone asked about losing those last few pounds when near goal. Of course, I am the consumate expert on that, being 25 pounds away from my goal!!!!!!!! But I remember from WW meetings that they suggest a lot of what Spryng recommended and also beefing up on the excercise to break a plateau.

Well, I had better scoot. I got several compliments this weekend regarding my weight, so something will have to show up on the scale, I hope on Wednesday! My eating has been so, so- but with no major mistakes. I have a minor cold, which is dragging me down a bit.

Oh, and before I forget, Jackie congrats on the 6# loss. Must be from all those calories burned from coughing!!!!!!
Gotta go. Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 01-28-2002, 12:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I called their doctor and this monday was the soonest they could get in. So I have a week to wait. It will probably clear up on its own by then. I hope so but I'll take them anyway. My Ds needs his last set of shots and Dd needs a full checkup anyway. It makes me feel better when I hear the doctor say everything is fine and normal.
My day is going ok. I'm trying to keep it light today. I would like to see another lb gone by the end of the week. I haven't been eating too much but my choices haven't been so great.
Jackie what low cal products are high in fiber?? I'm thinking about trying what you are doing. Is it working?
I'll see you girls later
Old 01-28-2002, 11:25 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, a long day has come to a close. It sure did not seem so tough when I started,and then the kids came home ( one by one).
Guess the full moon had something to do with it all. Nobody wanted to do anything that they were supposed to. Dd did not want to practice piano, Ds refused to go to his tutor and Dd was just plain ornery (ok, so what else is new?). Simply amazing how quickly my mood changed. So, now everyone is asleep, and I am enjoying the peace and quiet.

Spryng- glad that you had a good day. Go easy on yourself. Even with a few bad choices, if you ate light it can't be all that bad. Hang in there. Your dedication will prevail!

I did get a nice walk in this morning. My eating started off well~ and sort of fell apart with my kids poor moods. Nothing catastrophic, however. I hope to get up at 5 am to get a nice long walk in to burn off the stress and calories.

After a busy weekend, this is so quiet. I hope that everyone is ok. Guess I should sign off and get some sleep. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 01-29-2002, 10:55 AM   #5  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Hi everyone! It's been some beautiful weather we are having. I spent the day outside yesterday enjoying it. The baby is much better now, thanks for everyone's concern. It's appreciated. I hope you all are feeling better too, Ginny and Jackie. Thanks for the great advice Spryng. I'd love to be able to prepare low cal meals for the family but it won't do around here. Dh is an old fashioned southern boy and insists everything is covered in gravy and deep fried, he's my meat and potatoes man. Our kids are the same way. I might try the frozen dinners. It would be a nice change to eat something tasteful. I hope your Dd's rash is gone by now. My weight is staying the same, it is very frustrating at this point. If it stays nice I might try and get out for a walk to add some extra exercise. I can't cut my cals much lower it would be unhealthy. I ended yesterday at 700. So, I hope you all are doing great. I'm off to meditate and yoga for a half hour.
Old 01-29-2002, 01:09 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
I am having a fairly miserable day (hey, and it is not even PMS time! ). But, my eating has been good. Guess it could be worse.

Lilbit- I have to do that with the frozen dinners. And it is what I am doing tonite, as I am not sure how to do the portion control /point count for the dinner I am preparing. Some of the WW dinners are really good- give them a try.
Gotta go. I will check in later, hopefully with a happier face.
Ginny
Old 01-29-2002, 09:47 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Default In a better frame of mind................

Well, I survived today!!!! Sorry for sounding like such a crab before. I had a basically bad day....... crabby morning and in the afternoon it was hard to keep my focus. But now I am ok..... and glad that tomorrow is another day! My eating was pretty good (and I am hungry now.........) probably under for my points for the day but I do not really feel the need to eat (some water will shut me up) so I will drink away.

Where is everyone???? I just saw that the site might go down at the end of the week for server maintenance. And I will have to go thru withdrawl again!!!!!!!!!! (I go nuts when I can't post, aw I am half nuts anyway).
Hope that everyone is ok, just having a busy day.
See you tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 01-29-2002, 10:05 PM   #8  

Hi everyone!
I'm glad you are feeling better Ginny. Everyone is entitled to a bad day. Take a deep breath and relax! the day is over. But you should be congratulated on how well you ate considering the stress you were under. I'm proud of you. I dread when this site goes down too. if I don't have this site then I want to cheat. You guys really keep me inline. I know that I'm not just dieting for myself but for the support I get and recieve from you ladies!! Do you know how long it's suppose to be down??
My day went well. I'm eager to get taxes over with. We are expecting a return and I want to use it on some bills. So I'm getting anxious. Dh worked three places this past year and we have recieved two W2's so far. We are waiting on one more. Plus I'm getting my anniversary gift when we are done. So that makes me excited. I ended my day at about 600 calories. I had a very light breakfast and lunch and a great dinner. (lemmon pepper chicken breasts, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans) So I am stuffed right now. It was so good. I should probably have a snack now but I'm still full.
I hope everyone else is doing good today. I look forward to hearing from everyone tomorrow!! G'nite!!
Old 01-29-2002, 11:05 PM   #9  

Default I'm back.....

Hi everyone,
Remember Me?? haha
I have been so busy getting ready for the move I have not been doing so good with the diet or exercise. I have been so tired by the end of the day that I havent even been getting on the computer. We were supposed to "close" on both houses and move on Thurs. the 31 but now that has been pushed back a week! STRESS!! That was the news I got tonight 2 days before we were supposed to move. Soooooooooo now I have to go back and redo all of the arrangements I have made for my utilities, and mail, and moving truck etc.
I dont know when we will be moving but hopefully sometime next week, so I need to get focused on my eating again. I have not done too bad - I have been trying to use up groceries so we wouldnt have to move them. We are down to pretty slim pickins around here! Not much to eat even if I wanted to Cheat! haha! I have'nt been getting any exercise - I put my notice in at the Y. So I dont have anyplace to go to exercise, I have packed all my exercise tapes, and we are expecting a snow storm so walks are out of the question! Hope we can get moved next week so I can get back into a routine! Sounds like everone is doing well with their diets, sorry to hear about the Illnesses we are still fighting coughes and runney noses here. Thank God no Flu or Ear Infections! Well I hope to be more Positive soon, just gotta get through this darn move! If you dont hear from me for a few days - I WILL be back, I just may need the next week or so to get settled and deal with the move! Then I will be back to exercising again and hopefully to seeing some real results! Best wishes to you all, talk to you again as soon as possible!
Bye
Old 01-29-2002, 11:11 PM   #10  

You take your time CDM. hang in there. We aren't going anywhere!! Moving is a very stressful job especially when obstacles like you are experiancing is coming up. Just pace yourself and before you know it it will be over with and you'll feel like yourself again!! We miss you but understand why you aren't posting much. Take care of yourself and try to have fun (is that possible )
Old 01-30-2002, 09:46 AM   #11  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Good mornin' all! Hope your day is better today Ginny. We mill miss you cmd, but we will be here with lots of support when you get back. Good luck with the moving. Sounds like you are doing great with the diet Spryng. When is your next weigh in? Things here have been going pretty well. I'm going to do some shopping to night and pick up a few frozen dinners. We bought a microwave yesterday. Never had much use for one until now. Like I said before most everything here is made from scratch. It will be a nice change. I've been keeping my cals very low and trying to get in a few extra minutes of exercise since I am getting close to my first goal. But I've been here for awhile. It is so frustrating! I hope to see one pound come off by next week. Well I hope you all are doing good. Have a nice day!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2002, 11:03 AM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!
Glad to see everyone who checked in today!
Lilbit- now that silly scale has so show something sooner or later, right? But actually the most important thing is how you feel (with a minor second choice to how you look). Are you feeling good? Do you feel as fit as you would like to? It all falls into place, sooner or later, and as long as you are eating right and getting excercise it will all fall into place. Congrats on the microwave!!!!!!
(beware of the microwave popcorn- it is loaded with fat calories, unless you pop your own in one of the air microwave poppers)
I never thought that I would use mine as much as I do and I do a lot of home cooking too! (my favorite is the slow cooker, as a matter of fact to get dinner done I will be using 2 slow cookers today). But back to the microwave. Enjoy it and the many healthy foods that you can make with it.

Spryng -I hear ya!!!!! I am more tempted to cheat if I am not posting. (that is why around Christmas I was posting, even with no reponses,just to keep me on track) Your dinner sounded great........love that lemon chicken. Only 600 calories for the day?
Do you feel hungry with that low calorie intake? (I mean before you ate that yummy dinner).

CDM- of course we remember you!!!! Gee this move came up so quickly. Sometimes moves (and all the buying and selling) can take so long. (It would take me forever to move and pack up this place!). Best of luck with it. Just think of all the excercise you will get lifting boxes........... I hope that your moving schedule goes without a hitch now, and that you are in your new home next week.

As for me, I am still bit under the weather with a minor cold. Got out for a nice 45 minute walk this morning. (you have no idea how much I love to walk!) My eating has been good so far- at 11 am and I am at 3 points. Got a WW dinner planned for tonite and probably yogurt for lunch. And some fruit for snack.
Who was it that was having trouble with the kids and bad snacks? I got a email from ediets with the 10 worst kids foods (and then turned it around to the 10 best kids foods) and they included a few recipes. Some sounded interesting. If you would like, I can foward the article to you, but I will need an email address.c Or you can go to their web site today.

I weighed in this morning..........gained a pound???? But really I am not worried, I might skip next weeks weigh in to go head on to the Feb 14th/Valentines day challenge (anyone remember that?). I have 4 pounds to lose if I am going to get there, and lose those 4 I will. (lets see, if I take off my necklace thats an ounce........short hair cut 2 ounces..........) Nah! I have the feeling that pound gain is just water- my clothes are looser.
Enough of my babbling!
Jackie- where are you!!!!!!!! We miss you and hope you are feeling better!
Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 01-30-2002, 03:35 PM   #13  

Good afternoon everyone!! My DH is home today and we went out for breakfast which was nice. I had a breakfast burrito. I only ate half and had water with it. So I'm doing good so far. We are going to play tennis in a little while with some friends and then I'm making a casserole for us for dinner. So I should do well today.
Ginny- no I didn't feel hungary. My stomach had shrank so much plus I stayed busy and drank lots of water. My mother came over to visit and that took my mind off food. So I didn't feel hungary until I was preparing the chicken for dinner. Then my body went into full gear of hunger pains!! I haven't been at 600 in a long time. I am trying to stay as close to 1000 as possible it just worked out that way yesterday. I fluctuate on the scale too. It's always water. I weigh in almost every morning. It usually says 134 but sometimes 135, then I use the bathroom and back to 134!! So I know it's water. I haven't lost anymore. But I'm ok with that. I'm not gaining so that makes me happy. I'm doing the Feb 14th challenge too. I also have 4 lbs to lose before then. I don't know if I'll make it. It seems like my weight loss has really slowed down. But like I said, as long as I'm not gaining then I am happy with it. I love that I'm in my size 8 jeans and that's where I want to be. I want to lose just enough weight where these jeans fit comfortably on my hips. Not baggy and not snug.
Well guess I better get off here. I'll check in later.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:34 PM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Good to hear from you Spryng. I am so happy for you that you are still being so "good" with your eating now that the wedding is over. Are those size 8's fitting any better? You must feel great at your new low weight!

I had an interesting experience tonite. I was out before and someone actually did not recognise me because I lost (what seemed to them as) so much weight. ( I am down 20# since October, which I do not consider to be a lot). Well, it was differnt anyway.
My eating fell apart at the end of the day. Dd (6) decided that my WW ravioli looked mighty good to her......... and I did not want to discourage her so I let her have most of it. Made up for it with some cookies. Not exactly a wise food choice!!!
But I was so good for the rest of the day- and got a nice walk in.
I do not think that the impact will be too bad.
We have an ice storm with the possibility of snow headed our way. Chances the kids will be home or at the very least a delayed opening tomorrow. Makes for an interesting day!
I guess I will have to do a tape or go on the health rider for a while to make up for the lack of walk.

Well, I guess I have babbled on (again) enough for one nite.
Have a great evening. "See"ya tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 01-31-2002, 07:48 AM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Default Oh no!!!!! Schools closed!!!!!!

Good Morning!!
Well, I have a house full this morning. School is closed!!! The roads are not all that bad, but I guess it is supposed to get worse later. So, I thought I would check in and say hello before Dd hogs the computer for the day. Once she gets on there is no getting her off!
So far my eating is good. Two cups of tea and 1/2 a grapefruit.
And I did something that I said I was not going to do. I got back on the scale and found that that pound I "gained" was gone.
My fingers are still puffy, so I guess I am retaining water for some reason.
Well, I am off to do some ironing to Big Bird (my favorite fellow, he is on now ). Have a great day.
Ginny
Closed Thread