Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Talking 2007 Goals

Since it was so much fun the last few years... I thought I'd see if anybody has any goals for the year. No resolutions, because those never work.
I did fairly well with my goals last year... but I know I can do better.

in 2007 I am going to keep a food journal. step it up regarding exercise. pay attention to what I am putting in my mouth, my mind, my life... I feel like I allow so much toxicity into my life whether that be through food, people, bad feelings I don't or won't let go of... I think it's time for a cleanse all around.

So for me, it's time to have a cleaner year.

Anybody else?
Old 01-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/159/148

Height: 5'6"

2007 is going to be a crazy year of changes for us. DH is changing careers and planning on going to law school in the fall. So depending on where he is accepted we may or may not be selling the house and moving out of state and I might possibly have to find a new job as well.

I know things will get crazy but my main goal for the year is to not let my weight/health/fitness/well-being fall to the bottom of the priority list. I want to continue my food journal for an entire year and not waste my gym membership. I am also going to make this the year where I practice saying no to people. I have too much on my plate and sometimes I can not do everything, I going to work on recognizing this.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:58 PM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Things I would like to do for myself in 2007

1) reach my goal weight and maintain it;

2) increase my strength and flexibility by attending yoga classes on a regular basis;

3) continue improving my cardiovascular fitness by taking dance classes;

4) reach the point where my diet consists predominantely of whole foods;

5) correct or improve my sleep issues through diet, exercise and meditation;

6) establish night time and morning routines so that I will be organized in the morning and have a good start to my work day; and

7) feel healthy, fit, well rested and have more energy as a result of all of the above!
Old 01-06-2007, 12:21 PM   #4  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Default 2007

Well my primary goal will be to never ever gain back what I have worked so hard to lose and continue to strive to drop the elusive final 10...

I must get my crap together and get this home design printed up...

I must get my house in order

And I must stop spending hours on end role playing with my BSG buds...easier said than done since it is the most fun I have had in ages...LOL

Going to go backbacking this year as often as my friend and I can manage...

...of course it is already the 6th and I havent done jack LOL

Oh and get my colt gelded and continue his training...he has the potential to be a beautiful show horse and I hope to learn some dressage...he is only limited by my lack of training skills...

Old 01-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/207/135

Height: 5'4"

I am going to enjoy and keep building my home gym and make exercize my activity of choice during those precious free moments.

Don't let people derail me. Instead of making a night of it every time I go out, curb it to a few quality hours, and no alcohol except for red wine spritzers.

Encourage more of the friends that feel like they've given up, to join me. Spa days, craft days, exercise days, I gotta build up a network of supporting gals and not just complainin' ones.

Get back to my Portland weight by May. That was 190. I was happy with my body then, and carried it well. It's a travelling summer for me and dammit if I'm not going to have fun and break some more hearts!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #6  

Default Goals and journals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness View Post
Since it was so much fun the last few years... I thought I'd see if anybody has any goals for the year. No resolutions, because those never work.
I did fairly well with my goals last year... but I know I can do better.

in 2007 I am going to keep a food journal. step it up regarding exercise. pay attention to what I am putting in my mouth, my mind, my life... I feel like I allow so much toxicity into my life whether that be through food, people, bad feelings I don't or won't let go of... I think it's time for a cleanse all around.

So for me, it's time to have a cleaner year.

Anybody else?
Yes you need to set specific goals - and a journal is a fantastic tool - I couldn't tell you what I was doing 2 years ago today but I can tell you what I ate and if i did any exercise - i find that keeping a journal really helps me to stay on the straight and narrow - don't know why but it really works. I've lost 4 stone in the last couple of years.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #7  

I accomplished some major goals last year:
- got my depression under better control (probably not cured, but much easier to work through).
- paid off over $15,000 of student debt through strict budgeting.

I'm really proud of the money one, and I figure, if I can do that, I can get my weight under control too (something else I thought was never going to resolve itself).

My goal this year is to put the dedication into weight loss that I put into clearing my debt. Obviously if I commit to something, I can see it through even if it seems like a far-away sort of goal.

My secondary goal is to learn French (which I need for my job. Plus, my bf is a Frenchie, and hanging with his friends would be much easier if I were bilingual). However, I'm not much of a multi-tasker, so the weight comes first, the French is a nice-to-have.

But I think commitment will be my mantra for this year.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 224/224/164

Height: 5'8.75"

I know this is kind of alte, but My goals for 2007:

Learn to play bass guitar.Ha.
Lose atleast 30 pounds before going to Hawaii in November (Mom's wedding).
Pay attention to what I put in my mouth.
Don't let a bad day get in the way of my weight loss.
Get atleast atleast a 3.5 GPA
More to come?
Closed Thread