South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #1  

Default Question about recipe

I was looking around this website in general and came across the low carb section and was looking as my daughter is on atkins.

There were some recipes there that seemed like they would fit in southbeach with a couple modifications. Would they then be o.k. to use?

Like this one for example, couldn't it be modified?

Low carb Chocolate Mousse

2 cups/1 pint whipping cream
1/2 packet sf/ff chocolate pudding

Beat whipping cream in bowl for approx 1- 1/12 minutes. Carefully sprinkle in 1/2 packet of sugar free chocolate pudding. Continue beating until mixture thickens. Cover and chill in fridge, or for a fancier display, put into martini, parfait or wine glasses and chill.

Thanks
nycousin
Old 01-29-2007, 10:12 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

That recipe would not be acceptable on South Beach because of the whipping cream. The pudding is Phase II only.
I'm not into desserts so can't even suggest modifications. Perhaps some of the other chicks can help.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:04 AM   #3  

I realize that the whipping cream is not acceptable, that is why I said modify. I neglected to say that I am on phase II.

For example whipping lowfat milk and sweetening with splenda. Just trying to understand it all a little better.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #4  

I think the modifications you suggested would work.. A tasty way to get in your dairy too.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Can you whip low-fat milk like cream? Just wondering...
If you can it sure sounds good...I love desserts.. But sometimes one bite can set me off for failure. Let me know how it whips up.
Closed Thread