South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default This Week with the West Coast Chicks On The Beach

Hi to all of you on SB on the West Coast.

Mamajok, Morning Star and I all feel that sometimes being we live on the West Coast, with the time difference, by the time we get on the post for the day, we are kind of left behind. ..so this is a begining of a new slot on SBD..

Lets try it, all of you who live west of the rockies.

Which ever one gets on first in the morning can start our chat...How about it...Are you game?

Don't get me wrong...Ruth is there to over see us and wishes us well. We can still go on any of the post to post replies...
Old 01-29-2007, 03:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Hey Sis, great to be here...it's nice to see a post set about the same time schedule and me.

I'm feeling much better today.

Tomorrow back OP so I hope I finish out the month of January okay. I did blow it a couple times this last week when I felt so rotton but will be okay.

I look forward to seeing Morning Star here and any other gals from the West Coast.

Whoo Hooo Let's go girls!

I love you sis!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235

Height: 5'2

Hello West Coast, It will be nice to have post site. Hope we can talk about ou foods that we are eating. Had salmon for lunch. It wea really good . Got it at Cosco. Had fried onions and canned tomatoes on it.

mamajok: Hang in there. Glad you are back on the program, and feeling better.

All you West Coast Chicks, Read you later.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #4  

Welcome Sis: so happy you are starting to perk up and back at it. When you weight in Wed. you will be glad to see what your total for Jan. is...It will be good. I know you.

Not so much raw fruit and veggies for you until your body adjusts to them...Love forever.

Morning Star: Welcome here. Salmon sounds good...I did get some out of the freezer then remembered I was having dinner tonight at St. Joes..so back into the freezer it went..

Try some of the recipes in the recipe site...everything I have tried so far has been excellent..The Taco Bake is out of this world and makes enough for 4 meals...

Wildwoman: Are you gone yet?
Old 01-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I am also from the west coast - Vancouver, BC. Nice to see some other west coast gals around!

I tried out the Taco Bake - but I didn't do so well with it. It tasted okay, but not SO good that I needed to have it again. I did however make spaghetti squash and a homemade meat sauce - very yummy!

-Aimee
Old 01-29-2007, 09:29 PM   #6  

Welcome Amiee! You and I are neighbors. I live in Lynden, WA just south of you. My DH and I come up to Hazelmere quite often for the lovely Sunday brunch...of course that was when I was not on a diet!

Morning Star...it's nice to see you post. I am waiting for my SB diet book then I will join you gals with the SBP...right now I will stick with what I am doing. I will be anxious to share SB recipes soon though.

Sis, this is great, so glad you thought of it and got it started.

Hope to see you all in the morning. I am an early riser so will most likely great you a 'Good Morning' too...for now, have a wonderful quiet and SB evening.

I love you sis!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:16 AM   #7  

All of you...this is just a start...I am sure there are many West Coast Chicks on the beach...Welcome!!!

Morning Star and mamajok...so nice...we shall all move forward together.

Amiee: So nice to have you join us...more fun...our time zone...Welcome. Together we will all make it..
I love Spegetti Squash. wonderful with sause on top and also just "Can't Believe Its Not Butter"...Garlic too...yum yum...

All of you have a good night rest and read you tomorrow...
Old 01-30-2007, 01:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Goodevening! So I'm wondering something - do you find you GAIN from doing exercise on this plan? I just started a running program, 12 week training program, and I'm on week 2, and since I started exercising more ( I've also been swimming) I've really noticed my weight loss drop off. I really want to get to 219, just 5 pounds to go.. the sooner the better!

Thanks for the welcome

Lynden IS very close! We sometimes trek over to Bellingham for some shopping - you gals have some better stuff in the USA than we do! And cheaper!

-Aimee
Old 01-30-2007, 07:24 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, we might have a West Coast meet sometimes. My daughter is in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island and I visit her at least once a year.

SwimGirl, good for you on the exercise. Sometimes exercise can increase your weight. I'm not sure but I think the muscles hold extra water for a bit until they get over the shock of being used so much. You might post your question in the exercise forum. I'm such I slug I shouldn't even THINK of giving advice.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #10  

Default West Coast Chicks On The Beach, Monday

Good Morning Girls!

Ruth when you get to come to the west coast let's hook up for sure! I will send you my address and phone number the closer the time comes.

Amiee, you can give me a call the next time you're down this way and we could have a cup of coffee/tea together right here in our little town.

Morning Star, keep up the good work - hey how's the organ playing coming along?

Sis, Good Morning Sunshine! I love you!

Have a great SB day all...Oh and Amiee, yes, excercise builds muscles and muscles weigh more that fat so don't worry if you don't seem to be losing lbs...you are.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:31 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

Muscles do not weigh more than fat. Sorry! They weigh the same but are smaller. Think of a pound of butter and a pound of feathers!

I'll definitely be looking up the west Coast Chicks next time I'm out there. I visit a friend in Langley, BC, and Lynden is just 33 minutes away! Put on the coffee pot, Chickies!
Old 01-30-2007, 11:26 AM   #12  

Default Tuesday with West Coast Chicks

Morning all...Its 8:11 here in sunny CA..(overcast and cold)
Thought sis, mamajok would beat me here this morning, she is sure a early bird. So lets start the day out with a hardy best wishes that we all stay on tract today with each others help...Any questions or suggestions, stop in through out the day and post.

I am going to a friend house for lunch. She is having soup and bread... We plan to play games later...then off for swimming class tonight

Swim Girl: Buiding muscle takes less room than fat so even if the scales show no differents in weight, you will find your clothes are fitting better...Swimming is the one exercise I can do, Love it.

Nice to see Ruth checking in here too...Hey, even I would do my best to get up north, to not only visit my beloved sister but to meet all of you... Hope you wait until summer though.

I will be back later, after I cook my chicken...going to share a good idea then about making chicken taste even better.

Good Morning to Morning Star and sis, Mamajok
Old 01-30-2007, 11:48 AM   #13  
TRIATHLETE!!!!!

S/C/G: 274/255/130

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, West Coasters! (The sun's not even up, here, yet.)

We just moved into Phase II. Trying to take it easy on the fruit, but, man it's a struggle -- I LOVE fruit, and since we're doing SB, I'm not hearing nearly as much whining from the Other Human about the high cost of produce. I'm going to limit myself to a small Granny Smith a day this week, though. I made it through Ph I, I can keep myself to an apple a day.

Had the SB lime chicken last night -- so yummy! (I'll post the recipe this evening if it's not already up. It's from the orange SBD cookbook.) We're having salmon tonight. Another favorite. And I need to start thinking about next week's menu, since I get my produce co-op box on Thursday.

Swimming has always been my favorite form of exercise, but I'm having trouble finding the right combination of a free hour and an open pool! In the mean time, I've got quiet streets to walk on.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Just to eliminate some of the work for the MODs, I've changed this to a weekly thread.

Please don't isolate yourselves from the rest of the chicks as there is lots of South Beach support and information in the regular daily thread.

If you want to be a strictly West Coast Thread, we can set up a Support Group in the main forum.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #15  

Got my chicken cooked..It is called "Mock Abalone"...You slice the chicken breast into thinner slices and then pound the heck out of it with mallet or saucer...then put into a bowl with 1 bottle of Clam Juice. Cover and let sit over night in the refrigerator...To cook. pour off the clam juice and dip each chicken slice in bread crumbs...(phase 2) takes about 1/4 cup for 7 slices. Brown in hot skillet (olive Oil each side. easy on the salt and pepper if wanted...I used dried onions and garlic and herb seasoning...when all browned I pour a little water in skillet, turn fire low and cover..cook for about 15 minutes longer...Oh boy is this good.

Cinderley:
Closed Thread