Old 01-29-2007, 07:44 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Smile My Daily Commitments: Jan 29 - Feb 4

Good morning, Everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful Monday.

Today was my weigh-in. Down .6 for the week which makes a total of 10.6 lbs lost for the month. Today was also my measuring day. Down a total of 9.75 inches for the month. Overall, I'd say this was a very successful start to my new lifestyle!

Did not stay on-plan this weekend. Went shopping with hubby on Saturday and painted our bedroom yesterday. Two days with no cardio exercise and not eating scheduled meals. No weighing and measuring. Ate too much at dinners and ate too many carbohydrates. I think this is why my scales did not go down as much as I expected for this week. This week, I have a project due at work that has to be turned in before I leave for Disney on Thursday. I'm running a little behind on it, so I really need to push it the next couple of days. We also need to finish up the bedroom as our furniture comes Wednesday. I'm feeling a bit stressed, but I'm determined not to let the stress make me go off plan today.

Today's commitment - Eat all three meals and snacks, eat only the amounts recommended on the plan......measure and weigh!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Good Morning
Today I will
1) Drink all my water (slacked on it this weekend)
2) Look at myself and really see me
3) Eat planned meals & snacks
4) Get on bike 2 times today for 15 minutes each.
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

HI everyone! I had a GREAT weekend (I beat Texas Roadhouse!!) I also found a walking indoors tape - the only one I could find was Denise Austin's.

1. Do 30 minute walk (DONE! - did the inside one, only 7 degrees outside today)
2. Make a couple of YOU soups and freeze
3. Keep on keepin' on - I love this new life, and it WORKS!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:12 PM   #4  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Ok, here are my commitments for tomorrow:

1. Get up early and do WATP 30 mins
2. Stay on plan & drink my water
3. Celebrate the First Day of Me! (because EVERYDAY is the First Day of Me and is a cause for celebration!)
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:14 AM   #5  

Good Mornin'

1) Eat only planned meals & snacks
2) Drink my water
3) Do atleast 25 more minutes on the bike
Old 01-30-2007, 08:21 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

Good morning! Hope your week is going well.

Apparently, I am in a 'learning' phase. The first four weeks of the weight loss and get healthy plan were relatively easy. I had a routine that works and I just fell into a groove and went with it. Well...this past weekend and yesterday havent been as easy. We don't have any junk in the house, but I've been grazing on too many almonds and too much plan food and not eating on plan. Last night at Walmart, I made the decision that I was going to have a candy bar. I would buy it and eat it on the way home. Afterall, I had a bad day..I ate a lot and did not stay on plan...so I will have the candy bar and start over again tomorrow. Well....after holding that candy bar in my hand in the check out line for 2-3 mins....I put it back on the shelf and left without it! One the way home, I was thinking about why I'm having such a hard time all of a sudden. I realized that I'm majorly stressed and trying to use food to relieve it. I did not stay on my usual schedule over the weekend, I havent worked out in three days and I feel guilty, I have a difficult work report due before I can leave for Disney on Thursday, I am trying to get my bedroom painted and completed before the furniture comes in on Wednesday and the scales did not show the weight loss I wanted yesterday morning and I'm worried about staying on plan and not de-railing this weight loss journey for myself at Disney............Stress! So, I have to learn how to relieve the stress without cigarettes and without food. Yikes! This is tough!

So, today's commitment - Write down every single thing I put in my mouth.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:49 AM   #7  

Rhonda - That is AWESOME that you put that candy bar back!!! It is steps like those that are going to get you through this!! (can you tell I have been there before too??) Recognizing what is going on is a big part of us reprogramming our brains to NOT eat when stress comes calling!! Just think of all those calories you are going to burn off at Disney!!

My daily commitments are:

1. 30 minute walk (DONE! - I love getting that in first thing in the morning!)
2. Recipe search for Tilapia - never cooked it before!
3. Up and down the steps to get the laundry done today!! (I ALWAYS get in my 10,000 steps on laundry days!!)
4. Keep on keepin' on....'cuz it works!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:28 PM   #8  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Rhonda ~ That is so COOL that you beat the candy bar! I had a similar situation tonight in Walmart as well... It was me with honey roasted peanuts. Now, I like honey roasted peanuts, but I can count on one hand the times I've eaten these in the past few years. For some reason, tonight I NEEDED them (you all know what I mean). And I knew if I bought the whole can, the whole can would be gone by morning. So I walked around the whole store with them in my cart. I finally ended up back in the peanut isle, putting them back on the shelf. Something in me clicked, and told me that peanuts would not solve my problems.

I know you feel stressed, and maybe Disney will help you relieve some of it. Try not to worry about things you can't control. Don't worry about what happened over the weekend because those days are long gone and you can't go back. Don't worry about how you will manage at Disney because it's not even here yet. You can't worry about the scale because you could have very well lost fat and gained muscle and the scale would never tell you that. There - 3 less things to worry about! Now you can focus on painting and your work.

Mrs. Quadcrew ~ Let me know if you come across any good recipes for Tilapia. I just bought some and I've never cooked it before either.

Well I missed my commitments for today, but tomorrow is a new day.

1. Get up early and do WATP 30 mins
2. Stay on plan & drink my water
3. Celebrate the First Day of Me! (because EVERYDAY is the First Day of Me and is a cause for celebration!)
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:11 AM   #9  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

My daily comments are my 5 steps for Feb:
I will consume 6 20oz bottles of water a day. This is before every meal and at snack times.

I will not buy ANYTHING from the vending machines or from snack shacks. I mean to say that I won't buy myself chips, coke, chocolate, etc. If I eat any junk food it will be at a party where it is given for free & is one small portion. I know I should try an entire month without, but I don't think that I can at this point.

I will NOT eat from the pan or on the road or while rushing. This is to say I will choose my place of eating wisely.

I will eat 3 "meals" and 2-3 snacks everyday. It goes without saying this IS breakfast.

I will stretch for 20 minutes a day and I will do some serious sweating for 30 minutes a day. Again, I know it's not that much, but I haven't done much of anything and just moving for awhile is better then nothing. Perhaps in March I will change my steps to something more intense when it comes to exercising.

And on another note... my plan is be in bed by 11:00
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:21 AM   #10  

Todays Commitments:

1) Eat only planned meals & snacks
2) Drink all of my water
3) 30 minutes on the bike
Old 01-31-2007, 08:31 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Ladies! Hope everyone is having a committed day.

Mrs Quadcrew and Tiffany, Thank you for your encouragement! I actually had another run-in with a candy bar at Wal-mart last night (I need to stop shopping when I'm stressed!) I'm glad to say, I won this round too. Decided to stop stressing about trying to stay on-plan at Disney. This trip is supposed to be fun. I need to think of this as training for my new lifestyle. Am I going to sit at home all the time...afraid to venture out of my comfort zone because I might overeat? No way! I will enjoy myself and remember to eat healthy.

Commitment for today - Have a lot to get accomplished in these too few hours! Today, I will concentrate on eating all meals and snacks so that I don't let myself get hungry and eat mindlesssly.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:54 AM   #12  

See Rhonda, you not only beat it once, you did it TWICE!!! Those are the decisions that are going to get us to our goals!!! You are gonna be a fat burning machine walking all over Disney - drink that water, make good choices and enjoy yourself knowing YOU are worth it!!!!

Daily commitments for me today:

1. Get my walk in (Grandson stayed all night, so didn't get it in first thing today.)
2. Try to do the 20 minute YOU exercise DVD. (almost pulled a muscle the first time, so decided to wait a couple of weeks, and that time is UP!)
3. Keep on track - fitday is WONDERFUL to keep me balanced.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:12 AM   #13  
Former Quitter

Good morning! Hope everyone is having a great day.

Mrs. Quadcrew - you are always so encouraging to me. Thank you! Did you try your DVD again? Hope it went well.

Well, today is D-day...Disneyworld! I'm excited, but I am nervous. I will just take this one step at a time. Hubby is letting me down a bit. Things have been so hectic around here and we really haven't been following our Southbeach plan "to the letter." He said something about "we can start over with a bang on Monday." I told him that I was going to stick with it starting now! He keeps thinking of this as a diet and just a way to get slender. I can't think of this as a diet anymore. For me to lose over 100 pounds and keep it off, I will have to change the way I eat and exercise for the rest of my life. This is so much easier when he does it with me. He probably could pick right back up on Monday and it make no difference. He's lost 20 pounds. I've had to fight tooth and nail for my 11 pounds!

Today's Commitment (and the weekends!) No soda...only water. Avoid bread, potatoes and sweets.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:03 AM   #14  

Rhonda ~ you keep with it, we are here for you!! Enjoy your time at Disney - you can stay on plan and still have a blast there! Chug that water, and walk!!! You will feel so much better about yourself keeping things in check while you are gone. You're 100% right too.....for us to loose this weight and keep it off, it HAS to be a lifetime commitment to ourselves. NO one can do it for us. I am soooo excited for you to have fun this weekend. Don't stress - take baby steps and before you know it each day will be done and you'll be proud of yourself for what you accomplished!!!

(and yes, I did do the walking indoors DVD's - I like walking outside much better though! - maybe I need to get the Leslie Sansone ones)

My daily commitments are:

1. 30 minute walk (DONE!)
2. Plan the weekend menus out (works out better when I do that just before the weekend starts, that way I KNOW what is going on and no slip ups!)
3. TRY to do the 20 minute you workout (having trouble getting going on this one)
4. Keep on keepin' on with the food plan - it WORKS!!