Old 01-28-2007, 08:27 PM   #1  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Default Supersize me.......

Wow I now will never eat at another fast food place unless I am stranded.... I watched again...and that has done it for me....Everyone should see it!!!

Ps have finally got to 189 a few days ago.....ohhhhh yea!
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:56 PM   #2  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

that was a great documentary -- although I thought the dude was a bit of a wimp LOL, i know college boys who LIVE ate McDonald's and weigh about 180 at 6 feet tall, cannot gain weight (hate them!!) but that wouldn't make very compelling viewing LOL

What got me about it was when he said about half way thru, that he was feeling so tired and run down and just plain crappy -- UNTIL he at a McDonald's meal again, and then he FELT BETTER!!! yikies that was scary

happy to say I'm 3 weeks sober! i mean clean! i mean McDonald's FREE hahahah I wish my addiciton could have been Jack Daniels...sigh..... i'm kdding im kidding!

Last edited by Trazey34; 01-28-2007 at 11:57 PM. Reason: typo
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:38 AM   #3  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I've never had the opportunity to see Super Size Me, though I've wanted to- cultural studies are excellent... and eerie. @_@ I love the series that it spawned! ...Every time I think I may want fast food I get this mental image of that one commercial (2-4 yrs ago?) where someone rolls a pin over arteries and squeezes out the fat. It stops that craving immediately- and makes me gag.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/289/192

Height: 5"8"

This documentary is one of my diet loss tools. Not only have I not set foot in a MacDonalds for about 2 years but I watch it when I feel I need some extra motivation. Just the scene where the guys having the Gastric bypass is enough to scare me.
debsarooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:28 AM   #5  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I've never seen it.... maybe I should!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

It scared the you know what out of me. At my worst I was in the McDonald's drive thru 5 times a week or so. I need to watch that again it helps to keep me on track. I watched a show on TLC last night about people who consume 33,00 calorie a day and how they are now dieing and having all kinds of problems I wasn't going to watch it at first when they showed 3 people that where 500 pounds or more but then they showed a women that is about 300 pounds and I was only about 40 pounds from that when I started.

Watching these things for me is an eye opener, just what I need when I am having a craving.
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've never seen it but I've seen small parts of it. I never liked fast food and in general I think it is pretty disgusting stuff.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:01 AM   #8  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbar View Post
I've never seen it.... maybe I should!
Its on TV all this week.........
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaQueenLucy View Post
I watched a show on TLC last night about people who consume 33,00 calorie a day and how they are now dieing and having all kinds of problems I wasn't going to watch it at first when they showed 3 people that where 500 pounds or more but then they showed a women that is about 300 pounds and I was only about 40 pounds from that when I started.

Watching these things for me is an eye opener, just what I need when I am having a craving.
My daughter and I watched this same show on TLC lastnight too and WOW, that is scary how much they eat and how they are health wise. I can't imagine not being able to get out of bed, much less out of the house. It was gross watching them shoving the food into their mouths...my daughter was totally disgusted(as was I). I am not too far off from that one lady that weighed 300 lbs either(infact I am only 6 lbs away from that). My daughter said I don't look as big as that lady, but I think differently....I think I look exactly like her physic wise.

These shoes like this sure are eye openers.
KnCmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGypsy View Post
Its on TV all this week.........
What Channel?
KnCmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

I too have not set foot in a McD's since watching it! The scene where Morgan was 'ill' after eating a big mac meal is enough to put me off for life. Good aversion therapy!
EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #12  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

I've seen it twice, but would love to see it again! I need constant refreshers. I just had my own hamburger - lean ground beef, sauteed mushrooms and fat free swiss cheese on sugar free wheat buns! So much better than what you can get in Fast Food!

I've been a Fast Food junkie for some time now - I always had to try all the new stuff they offerered. But I'm proud to say I haven't been in 3 weeks! I don't even go for the salads right now because I'm afraid I'll be tempted. I'm not saying I'll never go back, but I will go very infrequently and hopefully make better choices!
HottieInHiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #13  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddalice View Post
Every time I think I may want fast food I get this mental image of that one commercial (2-4 yrs ago?) where someone rolls a pin over arteries and squeezes out the fat. It stops that craving immediately- and makes me gag.
Wow, I never saw this commercial but I wish I did! My sobering mental image is of a cross-section of an obese human torso in the BodyWorlds display. It stuck in my head because I assumed fat just surrounded all of our organs, but this showed that fat accumulates WITHIN the organs as well as surrounds them. Scary.

I loved Super Size Me! Before I saw the movie, I read the book "Fast Food Nation". There is also a movie, now, called Fast Food Nation. I haven't seen that one yet.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:54 PM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have a weird fascination with watching shows that have anything to do with health, weight or food. I watched that TLC show last night on the 33,000 calories and also have seen Supersize Me several times. My DH thinks these shows are "gross" and won't watch them.

My mental pic. to turn me off the "bad stuff" is the Omentum that Dr. Oz showed on Oprah.

can't say I'll never eat at a McDonald's again. If I were hungry and it was all that was available, I'd eat it and try to make the best possible choice.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #15  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

not part of the 100+ club, but I have to post, I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I'm also a recovering fast food junkie, and this movie was totally an eye opener. I always know fast food wasnt good for me, but this inspired me to do the research myself. DH and I bought the movie and watch it every couple months to re-cement the image I totally recomend it to anyone who hasn't see it.
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote