South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 04:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/185.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Question eep...

hi again guys, just moved onto phase 2 yesterday (YAY!) and well, i just realized that i am planning on going to japan this summer for a month. i will be living with a host family for a few weeks (and they will be feeding me) and i will also be going out to eat a lot. and well, i don't think there is much of a chance i will be able to stick to the diet during that month >< I mean, im gonna have to eat whatever my host mother feeds me (i <3 Japanese food, but its a lot of white rice) and whatever cheap Japanese food i can find (poor collage student). does this mean i will have to revert to phase 1 when i get back? or just try my best and come back and get back in line. i hope i don't gain much weight while im over there ><;
Old 01-26-2007, 05:50 PM   #2  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

I think that while you're gone, the best you can do is the best you can do. Now isn't the time to stress about what you're going to do when you get back. You have so much to look forward to during your trip abroad; I'd focus on that as much as possible. When you're closer to coming home or once you get back home evaluate where you are, how you feel, etc. Then decide if you need to go back on Phase 1 to re-regulate your palate.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:02 PM   #3  

If you'll be eating like the rest of your host family, you're probably going to lose weight anyway. Not a lot of fat people in Japan.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sound advice, Jet, and MariaMaria is correct, too. The Japanese diet is a healthy diet full of fresh vegetables and fish, with very little red meat. Rice does play a big part, but brown rice is gaining popularity there, and also soba noodles, which are made of buckwheat. I think you should just relax and enjoy your opportunity to soak up their culture.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/185.5/125

thanks guys, yall are right
Old 01-27-2007, 02:53 AM   #6  

I think Japanese food fits in really well with SBD, lots of vege and lean protein.. it is one of our family faves here - Have an awesome time on your trip
Old 01-28-2007, 04:19 PM   #7  

Quit stressing out about this...Do the best you can until you leave and enjoy the trip and experience...I have yet to see a fat Japanese.
Closed Thread