Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up The Best Life Diet book........by Bob Green

Just finished reading this. I have to say, I give it great kudos as a good read. I'm not following "the plan" but I think it would be a great plan for someone looking for one to follow. He is more the slow and steady approach, and about the exact opposite of something like Atkins or FatFlush in terms of speed, and I gotta respect him alot for that.

I learned alot from his section on Phase II which discussed the six foods you should remove from your diet (no real surprises), and why you should, and what you can replace them with. I found myself standing in my pantry with book in hand looking at food labels in the section where he reviews how much fiber your w/w pasta should contain and your w/w cereals.

It's a good read, but no exercise is covered. He encourages both cardio and w/lifting, but does not give a specific prescription or demonstrate w/l in the book.

Worth the money, one of the better reads out there in the past year. Two thumbs up, as they say!!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #2  
Cynlyn

S/C/G: 223/218/145

Height: 5"4

Default Bob Green

I'm with you and the 3 fc's on this. This is a great and healthy approach. I'm only reading the first phase now. I feel like I am one of those people who is educated on weight loss and nutrition and who knows what to do. I mean I have been struggling for long enough and I am intelligent enough to read read and read more. The trouble is in actually applying all the knowledge and processing all the conflicting theories. What I like about Bob Green is that he asks that you take stock of your life and why you aren't successful. He asks you to deal with your problems that hold you back. This I feel is imperitive to success. I mean we all can focus on a new exercise or eating plan but what about the other things we have going on in our lives that lead us back to the nearest drive through or grabbing a cookie when we feel our lives are out of control. The other thing I like is that he explains why it's best to focus on increasing exercise and drinking water and getting used to eating 3 meals and 1 snack atleast a day. I like how he breaks it down and explains the effects on your metabolism. What I don't like is the constant references to the best life.com. That's all good and well but I can't afford to join that group. And I have already supported him by buying his book. There are many great and informative sites on the internet, including this one. I will not be spending my money on his site. But I do applaud his book. I am an avid weight watchers girl. But I have been 2 years trying to succeed. I have been 2 years working out. And yet, I am not successful. It's time to look at the deeper issues and I feel like Bob's approach is helping me to do this. I would recommend reading this book. I would love to see a forum for his program.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:51 AM   #3  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I disagree... I didn't like the book at all....It just didn't do it for me...

BOB
Old 01-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #4  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking Another thread already started

There is another thread in the oprah inspired diet section.

Here is the link. Seems like mixed reviews.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100026
Closed Thread