Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #1  

Default Awesome Low Calorie Miso Soup Recipe!!!

Good morning everyone! A friend made this soup (even though it's more like a stew if you add lots of vegies) and I made it myself last night and it's sooo good I felt the need to share! It is also a nutrition powerhouse!!!

8-10c water
2c lentils (I used brown)
3 carrots chopped in med size rounds
1 med onion rough chopped
1/2 package of sliced baby potabella mushrooms
3/4 package of wasame seaweed (it comes dried and already chopped. Soak in a bowl of cold water for about 5 min)
1/3c white miso paste

Bring water to a boil in large pot. Add lentils. Meanwhile chop and drop carrots and onion into pot. Bring down to a med/low boil. After about 20min add the drained seaweed and mushrooms to the pot. Place the miso paste in a bowl and add some of the broth water to mix and disolve the miso. Once the miso is mixed w. water add it to the pot and remove from heat. The miso should not be boiled. Stir and allow to sit for a little bit to melt flavors together.

It keeps great in the fridge and I think gets better as it sits. Tastes great re-heated! Enjoy!!!!
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 114/107/105

Height: 5'2

Whats the calorie content on this? I love miso, but its too expensive to buy in the premade packages. I'd love to be able to make my own! Did you get the white paste from the grocery store? Or an oriental market?
paperdollme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #3  

I got it from my co-op market. It comes in a tub and it cost about $5. It will last me for a while... I think it was a very good deal. I bet you could get it at any whole food market... Good luck!!!
yogachick30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 114/107/105

Height: 5'2

Cool, thanks! Do you have any idea what the calorie content of this recipe is?
paperdollme is offline   Reply With Quote