Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 08:01 PM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Calling All Fat Cows!!!!

I DO NOT like turning to page TWO either SOOOOOOOOOOOO cut it out you lazy heifers!!!!iI don't have time to resurrect Muffers and Peachbod's weiner of a skirmish---BRING BACK DUSTY OR FORGET IT---IF THERE IS TO BE A FIGHT I WANT A REAL FIGHT don't BORE me !!!!!KIWI darling---I would have emailed you but nothing was working until last night when dd was talking to a {finally}decent service provider techie who said NORTON 2002 was causing problems with OUTLOOK---anyway,for NOW it is working---------aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh- I finally figured out how to send pictures and NO MAIL!!!!!! It is almost time for the Maple sugaring here in NB and Maine----is anyone jealous of Kiwi and I??????Oh yes----feel sorry for me---dd{almost 16} is taking driver training---not only will I have two teenage drivers---they will be FIGHTING over the car!!!!blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa---and I am fat,by the wa;y---waiting for sugar's ski-doo to run me down!!!!
Old 01-29-2002, 08:09 PM   #2  
cow with the double chin

Default Me neither bagzzzie.........

I hope my post did not come off as comabtive. It was my apology for arguing in the first place.

2 teenage drivers???? OUCH!!!! That would drive me insane!!

Gotta go get DS from his study buddies (yea right...they think they are fooling me???? More like band practice!! )
Old 01-30-2002, 04:11 AM   #3  
The magic shrinking cow

Hello! I tried to check in the other night but I couldn't get in! Wah! So, hi! I've missed you cows! Also I am fat. But I have two and a half years before I have to worry about teenage drivers in my home. So I've got that going for me.

Oh, and if you've been reading my intensely fascinating weight "loss" diary, you know I have a doctor's appointment Friday. I hope this guy solves all of my problems!

Answering some FAQs:

The messies were meeting at my site for a short time but are no longer. There is a nice new group of messies at my site, though, if you want to go meet them.

I did attempt a marathon in October and failed miserably as I ended up fatter and more out of shape at the end of the 18-week training period than at the beginning. Needless to say, those who know the bouncy, energetic Cherry would be surprised to know that now I can't walk up stairs without having to sit down for a while to recover. It SUCKS and I'm seeing the doctor on Friday. I hope to attempt another marathon this October. Maybe I can go back to being an inspiration rather than a whiny sick tubbo.

I didn't send out Christmas cards, but I SO MISSED getting cards from my cow friends! I know, I didn't deserve them, but, sigh... oh well.

Last edited by Cherry Cow; 01-30-2002 at 04:54 AM.
Old 01-30-2002, 12:06 PM   #4  

Default moo

I personally love a little skirmish. It keeps things interesting around here. As long as I'm not involved, that is, I'm passive to an extreme fault. (member of the doormats r us club). And no, Muffie, you didn't sound combative to me. And Peaches is just her deliciously prickly self that we all love. I am missing our lovely Lush, and I'm worried about her. Has anyone heard a peep?

Cherry, send me a valentines card and I will forgive you for cutting me from your Christmas card list. I need your snail mail address if you'd like me to reciprocate. My DD told me she's already bought me a valentine card. I think she's hinting for something herself.

I'm past the teaching kids to drive phase. Actually I didn't really mind it. Both my kids tell me that I was a good teacher and that DH was absolutely terrible. I think he was more concerned about them destroying the clutch than I was. The scary part is when they get their license and they drive away all alone for the first time.

Kiwi, dear, you're just now starting to deal with the, ahem, facial hair? Let me tell you, my tweezers are my best friend. My beauty secret for the day is - Tweezerman tweezers. They cost $17 but they're worth their weight in gold. I'm going sans the round bandaid over my chin "wound". It was a toss up which looked worse - the owie or the bandaid. This way it just looks like I had a nasty zit that I couldn't leave alone. I knew you'd want to know.
Old 01-30-2002, 12:32 PM   #5  
cow with the double chin

Default Tweezers are my best friend too........

Unfortunately I inherited the beard from Granny.

I tweaze daily to keep the little buggers away and even have to use a removal cream for my upper lip. Such the price we pay to be Goddesses!

Shudder at the thought of DS driving away by himself for the first time! I'm going to have to give in pretty soon and get him into driver's ed. I don't want to. I think I will let him whine and beg a bit longer. *evil grin*

The little bugger shaved off the mohawk last nite so that he can start applying for a part-time job. He didn't remove anything from the counter. Whilst brushing my teeth this morning I ended up with a mouthful of teeny tiny hairs. He knows he is supposed to move the toothbrushes out of the bathroom first. My reward for a mouthful of hair will be a nice shiny kitchen floor. He will be doing the labor.

Hi Cherry Cow. I am going to have to go and read up on how things are with you.

I'm off to check out the want ads. Have a good day all.
Old 01-30-2002, 05:31 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi Cherry!!

Good to see you here!

Glad your puter is working again, Bagz. You'll need to come here and rant frequently while DD2 is learning how to drive. I truly hope DH and I won't have to teach DD how to drive. I would rather pay big bucks to someone else than get into that scene. And a scene it would be I am sure. DH would get all technical on her (picture your own father or other male authoritative type explaining the gasoline combustion engine ), then p-o'ed because she was ignoring him. And if I did it, she and I would fight constantly and end up screaming at each other.

Anywayyyyyyy, good luck with that. Let me know how it goes.

Well, actually Wabbit, this is not something new; I've been tweezing along for a while now. It's just that the combination of trying to see up close and increasing follicular density is making me look for other solutions, such as a sex change. I have a favorite pair of tweezers too. I almost had a real cow when DD made off with them for a day or 2 recently.

That was really thoroughly disgusting about the hairy toothbrush, Muffie I never had to deal with that growing up -- I guess because we had 3 bathrooms and I only cleaned one of them. And strangely, DH doesn't leave remnants of shaving in ours (strangely, because he does plenty of other gross things... ). When I was is college, though, I lived in a house that went coed the year I moved into it, and there was a bit of a learning curve with the guys there. But learn they did, all except for this one guy from another country (can't remember which one) who was forever trimming his hair over the sink and leaving little curlies. Barf.

Uploaded a horrifying photo. Click on photo above this message. Had to block out a face because it's someone else's kid.

Kiwi

Last edited by Kiwonk; 01-30-2002 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2002, 06:28 PM   #7  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default HEY CHERRY!!!!!

good to hear from you!!!!COME BACK and tell us what to do---and find Frappe and bring her back too---if Peachtank and Lushbot want to defect ---they can blow it out their big baggy shorts!!!!Hudda on them!!!!!I only have a minute{glass class} but I had to tell you that we are paying SIX hundred dollars to Young Drivers of Canada so that dd2 can be taught by the professionals!!!ARE YOU NUTS!!!!--- I wouldn't dream of teaching them myself!!!!!AS for practising--that is up to the step and ex------also-----I LOVED THE PICTURE OF KIWI IN HER SCANTIES OUT IN THE SNOW----LOVE IT LOVE IT !!! I will send kiwi a pic of me sliding in a flying saucer and she can post it-----an act of humility at best!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 12:32 PM   #8  
cow with the double chin

Default ewwww to little black curlies in the sink!

Cute picture!! Can't wait to see Baggzzzzz in her saucer.

Keep your fingers crossed. I find out today about a job that I really, really, really, really,want is being decided today. They are going to call either way. It is a personal injury firm. They are very busy.

It's been 2 weeks since the interview and waiting has not been fun. I felt really comfortable during the interview. I am more than qualified, it is a *will train* position. I already know the different types of legal software they use. It is very close to home, I would not even have to get on the freeway. Hours are great. Pay is good. And the office is casual!! I went dressed in a nice navy business suit, and the girl who interviewed me had jeans, tshirt and zip up sweatshirt on. Oh, and a bandana on her head!! My kind of place!

Have a good day everyone. I am ahead of the game. I started tonite's dinner last nite. We are having albondigas soup. All I have to do is let it simmer on low all day.

Since that saved me some time, I think I will go back to sleep until I have to pick up pumpkin in a couple of hours.

~k
Old 01-31-2002, 01:30 PM   #9  
fatter than U

Talking just me

If I could pronounce "albondigas", I'd have it for dinner too! Hope the next call you get is a job offer, Muffers! You're so clever - always dress for the job you want to have and you'll get it

Just tried to get in here and got a scary blue screen with squiggly lines that totally froze my computer. Yikes.

Been feeling crappy for a couple of days but tonight it's back on the instrument of torture.

Oh, yesterday I heard just by chance that I'm supposed to teach an "early English" class at ds 5's pre-school. Seems some mom volunteered me in my abscence and told another mom who told another one who told me. That's the way things work around here. I'm just holding tight and waiting to see if someone actually wants to talk to ME in person. I guess they're all afraid 'cause I'm sooooo scary. Hmm, I wonder if they'll give me money?

Great picture, Kiwi! There's no way you weigh what you say you do!
Old 01-31-2002, 05:01 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Stupid

arse site just ate my message because the photo was about a millibyte too big. Okay, now I have to start over. I'll have to post the pic in this message, hope that's okay, kiddo. If you want me to delete it later, remind me.

Muffie, I hope hope hope you get the job!! It sounds so perfect.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Sugar, but the scale don't lie... "She certainly carries it well, doesn't she?....................."

I can just picture you trying to teach English to the little brats. Yeah, I'm sure they'll pay you.

Happy Day Off, Peachbabe, what did you do for Herbie's birthday?

Gotta go get on the other computer to resize that pic. Back later with the adorable Bagz sliding around on her backside

Kiwi
Old 01-31-2002, 05:28 PM   #11  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Well, maybe it'll be in THIS post

One can always hope, eh?
Old 01-31-2002, 05:57 PM   #12  

Default What a dish in the saucer!

Ooooh Bagzie, what fun you northern girls have! why no skivvies like Kiwi?

I made my famous minestrone for dinner last night. I was the only one who wanted to eat it. Oh well. More for me. What the heck is an alibondigas?

My snow is all melted away. We're back to drippy gray.

Keeping my fingers crossed on the job, Muffie.
Old 01-31-2002, 08:22 PM   #13  
cow with the double chin

Thumbs down Wabby's right...what a dish!

Al-bone-dee-guz

It is a mexican meatball soup. Very easy, make your basic veggie soup, sthrow in some meatballs that have been browned, and let simmer till they are cooked. You then put tortilla chips and cheese (I use the mexican cheese that just crumbles, or jack or mozzarella) in the botton of the bowl, fill w/soup, and voila! You have albondigas.

Sug....how nice of you to volunteer to teach the class!!
Don't ya just love the way those things work? Hope you are feeling better.

Wabby, your snow stuck? We weren't that lucky. It didn't even coat the ground. Pretty to watch coming down though.

No word on the job.

Gotta go get punkin from grannies house. They have been baking this afternoon.

Have a good Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2002, 10:04 PM   #14  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKES!!!what a COW!!!

I think I take umbrage{?????}or maybe offence,or something like that----YOU HAVE TO CLICK TO SEE KIWONNNNK AND THERE I AM IN ALL MY MANY CHINNED GLORY!!!!DISATROUS AT BEST!!!!Sugar and Muffers are getting jobs,Kiwi---are they trying to make us look like lazy slobs with nothing better to do than loll about in the snow??!!!wabby!!!you must be going to the garden show SOOOOOOOOOOON!!!you must know how jealous I am---we are expecting a MAJOR snowstorm tonight{right Ki}and here you are looking at tulips!!!WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAa gotta go watch ER----some fat guy just told Carrie that she's going to **** cause she's gay.Wish I were gay.
Old 02-01-2002, 01:33 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Yup, it's true

I stuck your adorable self right out where everyone can look at you (I'd have put your picture in the photo clickie place, but I'd have to have your login and password to do that)

No school today! These days that means I get to sleep in as late as I want and hang around in pjs with DD. Right now we are both online, isn't that cozy? The family that surfs together... something or other.

It's a very weird snowstorm so far -- Not accumulating much, but it looks as though it's pouring sleet. If it keeps up it will be very strange -- several inches of ball bearings, impossible to walk on. Oh joy.

Meatball soup is just what I should have made last night, Muffers. I had been simmering a giant hambone all afternoon for broth (I did that a month ago and made this delicious ham and mushroom soup), but couldn't think of what to use it for that was quick. All my best cooking is too fattening. Remember what Lushie used to eat for breakfast? Butter and cream and bacon and cheese etc? I shore wish she'd tell us what's up.

Have a great weekend, Cowlettes

Kiwi
Closed Thread