Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2001, 10:11 PM   #1  
Is it Friday yet?

I can't believe I'm the first one here!!!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend - I had a good weekend, very quiet...

nanci - Can you find another leader?? They make such a difference. If you can, try to find one you like... As for jury duty - it's something I've had the luck to avoid since for 7 years I was married to a sheriff deputy. They never wanted us, figured we were biased (I was, but not in the way they figured). Give the evil eye to the defendant, tell 'em you had an uncle that was a cop... you've done your duty, they should leave ya' alone for a while!

LBH - Aaaah, so it was water weight!! Congratulations!!!!!

I'm down another 1 1/2 myself... Truckin' right along - slowly but surely.

Have a great week!

Terri

------------------
248.0/233.5/145ish
-14.5total

[This message has been edited by Punkinseed (edited 02-26-2001).]
Old 02-27-2001, 01:18 AM   #2  

Happy Monday!

My first week "officially" back OP, and feeling great! Passed up a great looking homemade crumb cake in the teachers' lounge this morning!

nanci - I wish I could ship my leader over to you! She is absolutely fabulous! (this is my second time with her) It's getting hard for them to hold the new members meetings right after the regular meeting because there are always so many people waiting to talk to her.

LBH - Congratulations on the upcoming big day! How thrilling! I've only been married for 2 years so it seems like it was not too long ago that I was in your shoes, too! (Wish I could get back in the dress, though! ) 3.5 pounds last week is fantastic! Way to go!

Have a great week everyone!

Maggie
Old 02-27-2001, 02:17 AM   #3  

I am doing SO bad. I don't know what has gotten into me. Ok, so I do know what has gotten into me - FOOD. But I wish I'd stop already.

Nanci - I'm going to deserve it this week if I don't get a handle on myself. Yeah for running. I stick to walking!

Lauren - Congrats on your loss!! Enjoy this time.

Punkin - Congrats on your loss also!!

Gotta go. Rabbit
Old 02-27-2001, 04:44 AM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!
Been MGing all weekend.but never ran into Kymber--remember she is the Mardi Gras pro now!!!!
I have been unable to use my right arm since Sun morning cuz it is miserable sore..but after throwing thousands of beads Sat night..I guess I deserve it!!! Can't wait to do it again!!

Lauren--Less than 3 weeks????OMG-I am nervous and I have 70 days!!Fat Tues--let's see-Ash WEdnesday is suppose to be a day of fast soo U have to eat everything in sight on Tues--soooo Fat Tuesday!!!!

I have been in a terrible fat mood..I don't even want to try on that dress but I have to soo it can be hemmed..Weird..my other clothes dont fit different but I am afraid that dress will!!
I have been excercising every day..and beginning to feel better about myself!!It is a day to day thing this weight loss efforts!!!

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
Maggie-soo glad U have joined us!!!!!

WEEKLY LOSERS!!!!!
Lauren=3.5 lbs!!!!
Punkin 1.5Lbs!!!!
Did I miss anyone???

EXCERCISE POINTS
Nanci-90.45
Rabbit-126.37
Tech-12
Everyone else that excercised-

Take care all!!!I am off to the tub cuz I am smelling myself!!!!!
Vicki
Old 02-27-2001, 07:24 AM   #5  

Happy Monday Everyone!

Well I survived a day of jury duty. I have to go back tomorrow. Everyone cross your fingers that I do not get picked for a trial.

Lauren, Way to go on that loss!

Terri, Great job on your loss! We had to wives of police officers today. They were gone quickly. It surprised me though they picked a retired cop as an alternate.

Maggie, Glad the week is going so well for you. Keep up the good work.

Rabbit, Ok sit yourself down and make a list of all the things you like about being on plan. On the other side write down all the things you don't like about not being on plan. You can do this! (It sure is easier to give the pep talk to someone other than ourselves isn't it!

Vick, It sounds like you are having a blast! I really want to visit New Orleans. I don't think I want to be there for Mardi Gras though. I live in Seattle and they are having all sorts of problems with the festivities here. Lots of violence and looting. Please add 3 more miles for me.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Nanci
Old 02-28-2001, 03:27 AM   #6  

Hi all.

RR - Glad you are enjoying MG. Too bad you didn't see Kymber. You are so right on this weight loss being a day to day thing.

Nanci - Hope you didn't get picked!! Thanks so much for your idea on the lists!! The funny thing is I just did a list today on the pros and cons of going back to school and work!

Have a good one - Rabbit
Old 02-28-2001, 06:56 AM   #7  

Ok I got picked! I am in a bit of a snit currently.

Rabbit, so what did you come up with on the school/work thing?

Nanci
Old 02-28-2001, 09:22 AM   #8  
Is it Friday yet?

Oooh Nanci I'm sorry you got picked! There must be something attorney's just love about you. Next time tell them the guy looks guilty - that should do it!

I got my tragus pierced tonight!!!! It's that little flap of skin that you'd push on with your finger to plug your ears. I've wanted to do it since I was about 17 and just never did... The guy that did it was awsome - he used a needle - not a gun - and it didn't hurt at all. It's getting a tiny bit sore now, but I can touch it and turn the little ball... Heheheheheehe, I did something I've wanted to do for a looooong time!!!!

Off to soak in antiseptic!!

Terri
Old 02-28-2001, 07:39 PM   #9  

Morning all!

I was desperately seaching for something to wear this morning and got into the back
corner of my closet. There I found my size 10 jeans and khakis from years ago. It
was almost enough to make me cry - why did I ever let myself grow out of those?
I'm so disgusted with myself today I can't stand it. But! more resolved than ever!

nanci - so sorry you got picked again! I have a friend in CA who's in a wheelchair and homeschools her daughter who gets called every year. She's asked before if she could get out of it because of how hard it is for her to get there alone and the fact that she has to get a sitter for her daughter, and was slapped with a fine for contempt. And here I sit, having been called once in my life when I was in college and living out of town, and I would LOVE to be called again to miss a few days of school!

Vicki - I can totally relate to your "terrible fat mood"! But we're taking care of the problem, right?

Punkinseed - My ear hurts just thinking about your piercing! Of course I'm a big wimp though. What a neat way to reward yourself! (I always thought it would be nice to have a flat enough tummy to show off a belly button ring )

Have a great day everyone!
Maggie
Old 02-28-2001, 08:50 PM   #10  
Donna

Good Morning Everyone

Don't have much time to post, just wanted to ask a quick question since I know several of you have worked or trained to work for WW. A lady came in yesterday while I was there and wanted to know how the program worked before she joined. The lady at the counter told her she could stay for the meeting, but she couldn't stay for new member program review unless she joined. I don't understand this, I understand they won't give her the materials, but I would think she could listen. Mind you the lady she talked to is the ditzy older women who I try never to have wait on me, not the leader, but still... I know it's no big deal but anyone have any insight?

I'll try to post later with updates and responses, gotta go now.

- Tech
Old 03-01-2001, 02:15 AM   #11  

Nanci - Everything ok there? Hope so. Also, sorry you got picked for jury duty. I'm still back and forth on my school/work idea.

Merfle - Sorry you are feeling disgusted with yourself. I hate that feeling.

Tech - I've never worked for ww so I have no insight here. I think it would make sense to let them stay, maybe she just didn't want to give away any "secrets".

Not much else going on - Rabbit
Old 03-01-2001, 03:18 AM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all!!! Wow, go away for a few days and you feel totally out of the loop!!

Maggie: Hope you can get into those clothes again soon!! You can do it!!

Rabbit: Maybe you are bored with the diet stuff. Try some new WW recipees. Maybe that will help.

Lauren: Wow, 3 1/2 pounds is awesome!! Only 17 days until the wedding. Woah!!

We went skiing for the weekend and boy, what a bummer for me. I had a panic attack on the mountain and all I wanted was off!! Of the bunny hill never the less!!!! I was totally embarrassed. My boots were hurting and I just couldn't deal. Sunday morning I took one run down the slope and did OK. It was sleeting like mad and the little pellets really hurt. The boots were still hurting so I guess I have to make a trip to Killington to get them adjusted .

Hope that everyone is having a super duper week!!!
Karen
Old 03-01-2001, 04:07 AM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Afternoon all!!!

Feeling better cuz I excercised today-flew kites and ran around all day yesterday..It is just to hot--80degrees and it is Feb!!!

Nanci--Hope U don't live around that earthquake!!!LEt us know!!!

Have a great evening!!!!Off to play the game of motherhood
Vicki
Old 03-01-2001, 06:04 AM   #14  

hi all,

Yep we were right smack in the middle of the earthquake. It was very SCARY! We were sitting in the jury box and it threw us out of our chairs. I cut my leg but other than that everything is fine. My husband was home and said that the animals just went nuts. I sure hope we don't have another one soon.

Nanci
Old 03-01-2001, 08:39 AM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Nanci- Glad to hear you're OK...couldn't wait to get home and find out! Thanks for posting!

Had what should have been my final fitting tonight. Everything went well, except I made her redo to bustle because it looked stupid the way she had it. It was like, half way down my butt and too wide. She moved it up a couple inches and just pinned it in 3 spots, looks much better. She's also going to take the sleeves off and put new ones on. The sleeves were soo out of proportion to the rest of the dress, it was crazy. I can't get my arms up high enough to put them around Jim's neck! Will go back next Monday night for the final fitting, then probably pick it up Thursday, the 15th.

Stress level around here is pretty high, had a knock down drag out fight with Jim last night!! Worked it out at lunch today though. Decided just to let things happen, not worry anymore...only problem is, I have to keep reminding myself to let it happen!!

Maggie- Congrats on passing up the crumb cake!

Rabbit- Are you back on track?! PMSing?

RR- Did you make plans to catch up with Kymber?! I can't believe you're missing each other 2 yrs. in a row!! (At least it's not for the same reason though!!) Thanks for the clarification of Fat Tuesday! Didn't realize it was Biblical!!

Terri- OK crackhead, how many holes do you have?! I never had the balls to get my ears double pierced, much less piercing funky things!!

Karen- Welcome back! You're braver than me, I wouldn't even think of going skiing...unless it's to sit in the lodge sipping hot chocolate!!

Gotta go to sleep!! Have a great day all!!

Lauren
Closed Thread