Old 01-23-2007, 05:58 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #176 Bale of Turtles Onward and Downward

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #2  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Wink

Good evening to you all...Just popping by to say hi..I have had a really busy day and just now settling down..I did squeeze in my usual walk and 1 hour at the pool for water exercise...

Susan I am with ya on trying all the diets out there..I would be retired on a private island...

I hope you all had a great day....
kerriscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Wednesday all!

Morning... it is cold and snowy here today... I had to stop and get gas in the car on the way in to work this morning and I think that was the fastest gas I ever pumped .

How is everyone doing today? I started my Pilates class on Monday night and as always it was great and I really enjoy the teacher on Monday's and Thursday's the only thing I don't like about those classes is that since they restart every session you have to go thru the basics again since there may be beginners in the class and the first couple are slow but that may be a good thing in disguise since I have been having trouble with my hips again. Anyway... I worked out last night and have managed to get myself up to 3.5 miles on the eliptical machine so I will stick with that for a while before I take it up to 4 miles but I hope to take that next step soon.

Thanks for all of the congrats on my DS... he is excited and so am I... I pray that everything will work out for the best... he is the youngest and there are concerns that I have about him being so far away but I am hopeful that all will be well.

I have to run but I will check back in later.

Have a happy day!
Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:26 AM   #4  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I am missing my regular WI, but will definitely WI tomorrow morning because I know I lost weight this week. It looks to me on my home scale that I lost about 2#, so I hope that shows up on the WW scale. Had to have chimney cleaned and they're here right now. Also I have a doctor's appt. this morning that I thought would be after my WW's WI. Talk about carefully laid plans.
Oh well. It'll be a busy day.

I am psyched about my weight loss because it means that I can do it. I had been eating too much food and that doesn't work even if the food is Core.

Kerri, hey ==we'd all be millionaires with the weight-reduction programs if that were the case. I am positive that I solely built a FL home for the franchise owner of our local WW's. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I would be horrified to know how much I've actually spent on this. I just figure it's worth it and with this support group, I see that I actually can set and meet my realistic goal. I am 5'4" and would like to see 160# again. My initial goal is to lose the next 5#, then get into onederland. For now I'm not thinking beyond that.
Okay==gotta get some stuff done.
Princess, your son will still be accessible by phone and e=mail and if you had to you could get up there in 4 hours. Also, he can come home for a weekend here and there. He'll be fine. :
Judy
Old 01-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Princess - glad you are liking your exercise class. That is half the battle finding something you can enjoy plus get in the exercise.

Judy - I am sure you will do great this week at the scale. Sending you "super skinny vibes" - Go Girl!

Kerri - Sounds like you get in lots of exercise - that is so great.

Everyone else a big "hello" and chime in with some tips when you get the chance.

Take care, turles & remember "drink your water"
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Susan, you are going to love Pilates I think. I thought it would be too much for me to do but my sister and I did it for a few months and the results were unbelievable.

Hi all...just taking a break from homework. I found all my info for my NASA assignment in my Physcial Science class. Now I need to finish reading my economics junk, get my assignment done for that, finish my assignment in ACCT and start on my Finite math along with doing a web search for some sites to list in our Webliography for my Social Issues of Native Americans class. Not too hard, just time consuming. YUCK!!

Well gotta go get some clothes on Conner. All the kids have an early out today so I'm on car pool duty too. Then its a nice afternoon with 7 kids. OMG!!! Then off to take Tiana to her allergy doc.

Wish me luck on everything today. I may be bald by 5 p.m....

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:43 PM   #7  

All: Good afternoon! This week has been awful. I am living up to my nickname of "Super Busy Turtle" (who called me that? Judy? Bandit? One of the two I think.) I was supposed to go to LA Sunday, and that got cancelled because of problems with our product. So I worked for 12 hours on Monday to get through part of the acceptance test and find all of the bugs for the other department to fix. Then yesterday and today I finished the acceptance test, and today I have to update the acceptance test document and redo the status report for Colorado, before 6 pm. I have to go to my weight-lifting class tonight, for my own sanity. I insisted on going to spinning last night too, because I missed weight lifting (Powerflex) on Monday, and I'm going to miss spinning on Thursday and Friday and there's no way I'm going to make it on Saturday (My plane won't even arrive back in Tucson until 11 pm local time on Friday night), and after the week I've had, Sunday is mine all mine, to sew and organize and write and do the other things that make me feel better. ANYWAY, that means I will only have worked out 2x this week. <sigh> But this is very out of the ordinary for me, and I am at my January goal already, so I'm really okay. <unabashedly proud grin> Other than that, not much else is new. My WI is tonight, and if I can, I'll let you guys know how that went. I'll try and check in from the road, but that may not be possible. If that doesn't work out, then I'll just talk to you all on Monday, have a great weekend!

Bandit: Hey there! Sorry about the cold weather. Always good to hear from you.

Judy: Re the butterflies -- they were awesome. I did something like that when I was a kid, raising butterflies in class. Re the buffet: thanks! I'm very proud of that move forward. I told Mom and she didn't seem to get the significance, but I can see you understand.

Kerry: What is LC? As a side note, it is helpful (and they've actually done studies on this) to change your language. Don't say "I really want to keep it off this time..." Say "I can and I will keep it off this time. I am determined to do so. I refuse to go back." Repeat that to yourself. Believe. Know it to be true. It is tremendously helpful. Glad you are keeping up with your exercise. That's very important, not just for WL but for stress relief and for its general sanity-maintaining benefits.

Chris: Sorry you're still having trouble with your SIL. I don't know about PMS munchies, but when I get stress munchies, I go for stuff that is filling but low points, like some fruit popcorn (I love the 100-pt single serving bags from healthy pop) and a small treat, like hot cocoa or a mini candy bar or two (nibble it.) I know that sounds like the kind of thing a WW leader would say, and how could that be satisfying when you have munchies? But the secret is that popcorn or fruit gives you a feeling of fullness, which curbs all impulses to eat, even the impulse to eat junk, and the small amount of the treat makes you feel as if you are treating yourself without bingeing. Just my thoughts.

Princess: That is great news for your son. It will be hard, but you will adapt. I know what you mean, my sister moved out then I moved back in (for 2 years), then I moved out and it was just my mother, my father and our family dog, Lobo. It took a while for mom to get used to it, but she did adjust, and like your family, we are very close, especially my mother and I. Now I email her usually at least once a day during the week (just silly little emails to stay in touch) and we talk on the weekend. My point is, you'll find a way to stay in contact. Re the buffet: thank you! ;D I am particularly proud of that. I normally avoid buffets altogether, but my friend is very, very fond of this particular buffet, and we take turns choosing restaurants, and most of the time she chooses this buffet. At least there's lots of salad there. Re the weather: Believe it or not, it actually snowed here Sunday. Snowed! And it was so cold, and there was so much snow that it was still on the ground the next day. In a desert city like Tucson, they shut down every bridge on the east side and I had to work from home for the first few hours until they got it cleared up. But it was very, very cool -- that kind of stuff only happens once a decade or so in Tucson -- so I ran outside in my PJ's and my robe and took pictures. Re your class: I'm glad you like it so much. BTW, I checked out the FlyLady website, and I'm going to sign up for her emails, and try her method. Reading through her website gave me some perspective; my house is not chaotic or very, very dirty, just messier than I'd like and dirtier than I like. Reading about people with piles and piles everywhere and dirty dishes stacked on the counter made me realize that I'm in better shape than I thought. I think I'm going to try her method and give it a go. I think my biggest problem is that I'm A) a perfectionist and B) a germophobe and C) my weekend chores stretch to fill the time I give them. Thank you so much for pointing me towards the website, I think it may be just what I need, although the changes won't happen overnight, as she says.
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #8  

Just a quick fly by...

Ariana: I think it was Judy that told you about Flylady, I have been thinking about looking into it also since I feel the same way about my weekends and my house.

Chris: I have been doing Pilates for the last 5-6 months and you are right... you really can tell a difference. I have had lots of comments about looking toner, etc. I take two different classes, one set is thru the local school district but they are only in the spring and fall, the spring ones are the ones that I just started again and the second session is at a pilates studio but they are more expensive so I take them on Saturdays and then I take the schools when ever they are offered and so far it has really worked out well.

Judy: You are going to do great at W/I tomorrow... I just know it!

Bandit: You are right... liking it is half the battle!

Kerri: How is your day going?

I have to run but will check back soon.
Susan
Old 01-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #9  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I was able to get to WW's WI this morning after all. I was down a full pound and know I am actually down more than that. Usually when I WI I don't drink or eat anything beforehand and this morning I had stuff beforehand. It's really fine. I am happy to be down a pound, and I'm looking forward to knocking off about 1 1/2# this week. I know I can do it. We continue to be very busy here, but I'm coping well and look forward to getting my dh's doc visit over.
Take care, be well.
As far as Flylady, I love the site. I had gotten to really resenting having to do housework and complained to myself about everything. My house wasn't dirty, and it wasn't even particularly cluttered, but flylady has helped me so much with getting a better attitude about the chores I do and especially has helped me let go of my perfectionist levels that really made me dread doing anything because it was so onerous and time-consuming. Now I believe a good start is just fine and if I can do more than that, I do. Only when I feel like it. Some days I ignore Flylady altogether, and other days I do more. But I can certainly acknowledge that she has made my housekeeping much more acceptable.

Hey, we are all in good places right now. Ariana, hope this week goes well==you really are super busy right now.
Everybody==take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/216/thinner into onederland
Old 01-24-2007, 07:42 PM   #10  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Cool

Hello to all my new turtle friends...
Started today with a quick walk and then off at 730 to a breakfast meeting and then for my Chiropractic appt. for my traction. Did some shopping and home for laundry..We had to skip the water exercise due to cool and cloudy weather..Its now rainy a bit and wow do we need it...

Ariana ...LC is Low Carb...

Hope you all had a great day....
kerriscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:16 AM   #11  

Default Happy Thursday all!

Morning all!

Judy: I am going to check out Flylady today on my lunch break... my house is small and cluttered right now with so many of us living there but I am sure that I can find some good ideas and maybe just some advise to let my issues with it all go a little bit... it is one of the things that I stress over. CONGRATS on the W/L... I am so thrilled and happy for you! Next week is going to be awesome also... I just know it.

Kerri: Sounds like you are a very busy gal! What part of Florida do you live in? I lived in Tamps for about 10 months... seems like a million years ago but I guess it was about 17 years ago... I am a native northerner and I realized that so I came home... Great place to visit though!

Ariana: I sure hope your week calms down a bit but I know exactly what you are talking about... I work for a software company also so I understand your deadlines and frustrations! Never fear, Friday is near Oh ya, the snow in your area is very cool! I am very happy for you since you never get it!

Bandit: What are your plans for the weekend?

Chris: How are you doing? Looks like it is cold up your way also. Sounds like your school work has you very busy. What is your degree going to be in?

I have to run but will check back soon!
Susan
Old 01-25-2007, 10:26 AM   #12  

Hi turtles:

Just typed a big long post & got booted out. This seems to happen if my posts are long. So I will divide it up - very frustrating when that happens.

Judy - I've been on flylady site & found it very informative. Lots of good advice & tips and like our weight loss journey "Baby Steps" are key.

Ariana - WOW, you really are the "super busy turtle" how do you keep up that pace? Great you've already reach your Jan goal - good for you!
Glad you enjoyed the snow - that would be neat since it seldom happens there. Up here we usually see it for about 4 month. My drive is still frozen & they are calling for another storm this Sat. It has been much milder winter so I won't complain.

Onto next post
Old 01-25-2007, 10:29 AM   #13  

Princess - I'm going to movies with cousins this Fri night to see either Babel or Blood Diamond. I am leaning towards Blood Diamond since I a getting tired of the Brangelina thing. Visiting with sick aunt on Sun & in between probably shovelling more snow & gym time & house chores.

Kerri - hi there, hope you are doing well.

Have my w/i tomorrow so hoping for some kind of loss. My gf was over for our usual Wed dinner and made sheppards pie & I ate more than I needed and we shared a bottle of wine - so if I don't show a loss I will know why.

Anyway, have a great day.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:10 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'll post tomorrow. I have a case of the dry eyes from too much homework on the computer.

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:11 AM   #15  

Default Happy Friday All!!!!

Yeah! Friday is here... the best day of the work week and the gateway to the weekend!

I am very ready for tomorrows W/I! I am excited and hope to see a nice drop on the scale...

I don't have time for a long post this morning, I will have to wait and do that on my lunch break today.

Have a happy day all, be safe, be healthy!
Susan