Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-25-2007, 09:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

Default breakfast ideas for WORK?...

Ok, I basically eat 3 meals at work - breakfast - lunch - md-afternoon meal...

my question is - what are some good ideas for BREAKFAST at work? Basically I have three breakfasts I go through:

1. 1/2 cup egg beaters - microwaved for about 2 1/2 minutes (1 pt)
2. add 2 oz chopped ham (1 pt)
3. melt a slice of 2% cheese (1 pt)
4. add canned spinach (0 pts)
makes a GREAT spinach/ham/cheese omelet. for 3 pts

OR

1. 1 high fiber muffin (1 pt)
2. 1/4 cup egg beaters - again microwaved (1 pt)
3. slice of cheese (1 pt)
4. 1 boca sausage patty (2 pts)
nice little "mcmuffin sandwich" for 5 pts

OR

1. Oatmeal (depending on added toppings - 3-5 pts)

but i NEED more variety...as much as i LOVE egg beaters and oatmeal...it gets old after a while.

I would LOVE some of your guys' ideas for breakfast at work items. Now I ONLY have access to a microwave...so it has to be microwavable.

any ideas??? oh, and since i'm on weight watchers I like to keep my breakfasts at or under 5 points (which is ABOUT 250 calories total or less)
Indychick829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 315/315/180

Height: 5ft 8in

i LOVE PLAIN YOGURT WITH LOW FAT GRANOLA AND SOME FRESH FRUIT. YOU GET SWEET AND CRUNCHY. YUM!
lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #3  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I've discovered I need a litle PROTEIN boost in the mornings! i like 2 slices of fat free turkey wrapped around some low-fat string cheese and a slice of melon -- feels like i'm at a cocktail party eating a canape! heheheheh
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I guess I'm not very helpful because I eat basically the same breakfast every morning. I either eat oatmeal or I eat a protein shake. Something else that is good is cottage cheese, mixed with fruit or with pumpkin.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:46 AM   #5  

One thing I make from time to time is a veggie style hash

Saute onions, garlic in a bit of stock or water. Dump in some Broccoli slaw and saute for a few minutes. Add in some diced cooked potato, diced meat (I usually use canadian bacon) sauted mushrooms, spinach.. etc.. whatever veggies float your boat, add in spices and a little egg white to bind. You can add in some low fat/non fat cheese here too. I usually stir in a few spoons of fat free cream cheese. Put all this in a pan and bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes. I made this in advance so in the mornings I just nuke a hunk. I serve mine with some spicy salsa.

It's funny you mention a Mcmuffin because I make those as well, except I add veggies to the egg mixture first and use ff cream cheese instead of sliced. Red pepper spread is wonderful on these as well, IMHO.

Oatmeal and cottage cheese pancakes are also good and can be made ahead and nuked.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

What about a breakfast burrito? ww tortilla with scrambled eggs (egg white or egg beaters), salsa and a little cheese. You could also add a tiny bit of refried beans and/or potatoes and other vegetables. You could make it at home, then roll it up, then place a damp paper towel around it and then pack it in saran wrap. Pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds to warm it. The damp paper towel keeps the tortilla moist while you warm it.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #7  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

i'm fairly monotonous on my breakfasts too (usually instant oatmeal, one pack flavored and one pack plain - so it's a hearty bowl that's not too sweet.)

Whole grain toasts and bagels with a little light cream cheese or fruit spread is also nice though, paired with a whole fruit.

I also like the breakfast burrito idea - you can make your own from scratch the night before and just nuke it right when you wanna eat it.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote