South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:29 PM   #1  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Default Atkins bars on SBD?

I'm just wondering if Atkins bars are approved for the South Beach Diet? I tasted the TINIEST part of one the other day and it was YUMMY! I'm thinking it might be good for when I have those really bad chocolate bar cravings? Just once every couple of weeks, maybe? If not, I'll survive (obviously), but would like to know!
Old 01-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

What's in them? I don't have my books right now but it seems to me bars and shakes are not on the South Beach list. Of course, that rule may have been made before our Dr. A. started producing his own bars, shakes and other stuff! (Do I sound cynical? )
Old 01-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #3  
...to everything

Little bit!

Aren't there South Beach bars, though, too? I heard that they're in the States, but we don't have them here...
Old 01-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Just a slight warning about those Atkins bars - one day I was on the run with work and had a bar for lunch and then dinner.. it was pretty, uhm, scary, I spent the night in the bathroom. My stomach was grumbling the entire next day too.. so use them sparingly!

-Aimee
Old 01-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #5  
...to everything

YIKES!!

Thanks for the warning, Aimee. I guess I'll have to take a peek at the ingredients (hoping they have them at Costco) to see if they'd be approved or not, but I doubt I can afford them, anyway. I was hoping just as an occasional indulgence (can you tell I'm getting a little bored on the plan?!).
Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

I love Atkins bars but haven't had any on SB. Before I buy something sweet lik this I look at the sugar grams. Over 2g. I leave alone.

Atkin bars can't be much different from SB bars...Swim Girl says they made her sick...Me...enjoyed them very much. Never affected me in a bad way...

For my self I would have one if I wanted...can't be any worse than Diet Free Jello...with the fake sugar we eat.

I enjoy my Jello, popsicles, and frugesicles, but not more than 1 a day.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's a review of the SBD bars. I have not yet seen them in Canada.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:06 PM   #8  
...to everything

Thanks for the link, Ruth! On another board, someone mentioned that you can't get those in Canada, which is why I haven't looked for them. I know you can get Atkins ones, because my boss has them.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe the reason you got sick, Aimee, is because you can't handle artificial sweeteners (I'm right, aren't I, in that you've mentioned that before?). I just thought they were really yummy. However, if they're not approved, I don't want to go there, because it's not a far jump from an Atkins bar that's not approved to a dozen chocolate chip cookies that aren't approved for me!!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I think I just had WAY too many and nothing else! My warning was simply don't eat only that all day long.. gotta eat real food too.. which was definitely my mistake.

-Aimee
Closed Thread