Old 01-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

Unhappy I sabotaged myself!!!

I am a big and I mean big dork. I had just a bad day people get those days I am not the only one who has them. Everything from this morning just seemed to go wrong. I left for work late and didn't have time to stop and get my water, forgot my lunch and the list goes on. So while I am waiting late at work for the messenger service to bring me blue prints that have to overnighted today, I think to myself "gee I have had such a bad day why do you just get the kids and get dinner out" I was OK up till here then I think well I have to go to FedEx anyway so I'll pickup the kids and go to the pizza place next door this will save time...I should have thought that one out a little better. So to shorten it up a bit the pizza place has now banned me from the buffet...well not really but I wish they would.
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:50 PM   #2  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Don't beat yourself up

You've made wonderful progress. This is only 1 slip up.

With the day you had, you should be saying a special "Thank you". You made it through the day. You made it to Fed Ex without injuring yourself, your kids or anyone else. You made it home safely. "Thank you for letting me get through this day and please help me to give myself some good vibes to make my tomorrow a better day."

You'll be OK. Don't let guilt or a bad mood ruin the rest of your evening or week.

cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Darlin' we all have lousy, crummy days. They're just part of life. We are human, not preprogrammed robots and sometimes we veer off course a bit. The good thing about this is that you feel lousy about it, that's progress, isn't it? A day is just one skinny little 24 hour period. Tomorrow is a new day with a new opportunity to make better choices and get closer to your goals. Hopefully your day will go smoother from the start and that will help you to get right back on course. Hang in there.

On a side not, buffets should be outlawed.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #4  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

I agree Robin. Buffets should be against the law.

Colleen, good for you for recognizing your misstep. I wouldn't hit the panic button yet. We all have bad days, and like Mare said, you made it through. Because you recognize it, I bet you won't let one bad day turn into 2 or 3 and then into a week and so on. The good news: Tomorrow is a whole new day!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:21 PM   #5  

Thanks I feel better after lettin' it all out. Yes I agree buffets should be illegal they need warning labels dang it! I will just start fresh in the morning it will be a good day because it is the day that I get my bike..yah I am excited about getting it but not looking forward to putting it together. I will just put more time in on my new bike this weekend and this will have been a learning experience "don't go out to eat at a buffet or anywhere else when stressed" Go home and eat Lean Cuisine and salad just as quick as going out and less guilt!
Old 01-25-2007, 08:08 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Colleen,

You hit one of those bumps in the road. We all run into them and we'll always run into them on this journey. Just pick yourself up and keep going. You're doing great!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:22 AM   #7  

Thanks Rhonda! I do feel better today and am on time this morning thank God!
Old 01-25-2007, 08:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Today will be a better day!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Colleen... I SWEAR, FEDEX RUINS LIVES!!!

It's one slipup. You are doing so well... don't let this get you down. You're so much better than that!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:59 AM   #10  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Exclamation Hugs Colleen...

We've all BTDT, but don't beat yourself up so much. I read the "You on a Diet" book this weekend and they made a very good point. In most areas of our lives we don't expect perfection--some things we can go back and do over, some things we can fix and some things we just have to move on from. If you were out driving somewhere and missed your turn, you wouldn't berate or chastise yourself (or worse give up and go home.) You would make a U-turn and get back on your way. So you missed your turn last night, you made a YOU-turn and are back on track right away. Be proud of yourself that you handled getting back on the road so well.

Kathy
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #11  

Thanks everyone I am back on track today and I got my bike today...now to put the thing together.....uuuuggghhhh
Old 01-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #12  
Go Cardinals!!

S/C/G: 276/221/150

Height: 5'6

Glad you're feeling better and back on track today! I those bad days, but we all have been there!!
Dragonfly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #13  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Hugs for you! Please please please just keep going. You are doing so great! Congrats!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:31 AM   #14  

Thanks for the encouragement I did great yesterday right back on track!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

That's GREAT!!!! Just great. Isn't it good to know that if you do have a slip up it doesn't have to spiral into days and weeks?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote