South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 06:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wintry Wednesday's Chat

Good Morning Everyone!

Actually, except for being freezing cold, it's not too wintry out there today. I believe we're actually going to see the sun this afternoon.
I only have to work a few hours today and then I'm off until Sunday afternoon. Cindy & Richard are leaving today for a special Fox Hunt in Ireland, and the girls are going to stay with their grandparents the rest of the week, then I'll stay with them next week. I'm looking forward to a little vacation, although I sure wish we were able to go to Ireland, too!
I'm going to run over to Curves to get in a workout, and I'll be back later.

Do something special for yourself today!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:40 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wonderful Wednesday Chat - January 23

Good morning from dark and chilly (20F) Delta. It's wonderfully warm in the kitchen this morning because I loaded the wood stove well before I went to bed - before 9:30! I was down a pint on sleep too and really needed a good night.

The lad from up the hill filled my indoor wood rack to the brim yesterday so I really could cozy in until February but I have a routine boob squish this morning. (I have no problems so am not concerned.) I may be able to work in a wee shop when I'm in town. I need a printer cartridge but will probably be able to find more than that to buy!

It's garbage pick-up morning and I need to get that organized before I take off for town. Donna is coming today too and will focus on the upstairs now that the Christmas stuff is stashed. She does a good job of managing the dogs who adore her so there's no problem if she comes when I'm away.

Catch y'all later. Come and chat a bit.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:43 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Hi Cottage! Have a lovely day! Yes, Ireland would be wonderful about now. Enjoy your "week off" although I know how much you love and enjoy your "kids".
Old 01-24-2007, 07:38 AM   #4  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

morning, all. I'm calling in sick today. My head has that stuck-in-the-fog feeling, and I'm just not into subjecting myself to the whole work thing. I'm off to get the girls dressed and to daycare. Will probably be hanging around off and on between naps.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Good idea, Jetsetter! Water, herb tea and naps and you'll chase away the bugger!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:16 AM   #6  
RNMOM

Default Good Morning.....

Hi ladies! How is the day?

Sounds like everyone is a bit chilly..........me too. It's a whopping 5 degrees right now. I'm ready for summer.

Ruth, having Donna come to organize for you sounds wonderful. The stacked up wood sounds cozy too.

cottage, I guess since you aren't going to curves, Ireland is the next best thing?????????????? Top o the mornin' to ya.

jetsetter, get better babe! Good move calling in sick. I wish more people would do that, then we wouldn't spread the illness. Baby yourself!

I'm in the ER for the next two days and then I'll enjoy Friday by doing homework and housework, then on Saturday I have to travel to a nearby hospital and do clinicals in their ICU. I have to do 60 hours of clinicals.....no pay involved....boohooo. I'll be so glad to be done with school.

Well, eating is going well, weight is the same. Haven't lost anything since phase one, but I haven't been able to find a spare moment to exercise either. I would love to be down the next "decade" by the weekend..........we'll see.

Have a great one!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #7  
on my way to fabulous

Three cups of coffee, half a bottle of water, a dose of cold medicine, and a nap later, I'm back and a tiny bit more awake. Think a day alone at home is exactly what I needed. I'm curled up in my bed with my laptop and a book watching the news. I'd thought about doing a few things around the house, but probably won't get much done.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning gals...well today was weigh in day...and I'm down 2 lbs..yay...I'm only 2 lbs away from my lofty January Goal!! I'm sure I can drop those 2 this week!
I've been super busy..yesterday at work...my boss left me a note to bake cookies..lots of them! He was sending cookies as the dessert to this wednesday night church dinner that we cater every Wed. So I made cookies...4 different kinds, lots and lots of cookies and DIDN'T TASTE A SINGLE ONE!!!!!! To me that's more of an accomplishment than losing the 2 lbs!! I had thought about eating just one of the peanut butter cookies...and he walked by and asked me how many cookies I had...I said...there are 35 of the choc. chip and 46 of the peanut butter..he said...45 as he grabbed one and walked away!...that was the one I was gonna eat...so I didn't...THANKS STEVE!!!
Well...my coffees ready...I'm getting a late start this morning..gonna go make my breakfast..
Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Tina
Old 01-24-2007, 10:38 AM   #9  

RNMom ~ You got that backwards, I went to Curves, but I wishI was going along to Ireland! Only Cindy & Richard were invited to be the guests of their hosts, no kids or nannies. Oh, well, Richard has been talking about a scuba diving vacation to New Zealand one day,and I am invited for that! Sounds like you're going to be busy for the next few days, but it'll all be worth it once school is finished. Hang in there!

Jet ~ Get plenty of rest today on your day off. You seem to have things pretty much under control, feel better soon!

Ruth ~ I have my appt. next Wednesday for my routine "boob squish". It must be that time of year. Enjoy your shopping spree today, and stay away from the Chinese Buffet!

I finished all the laundry and baked a spagetti squash for tonight. I'm making Shrimp Marinara and having mine over the squash, pasta for the DH. I'm trying to get motivated to finally complete those patio cushion covers that I started "way back when". That will be my project for tomorrow since I'll be home all day, unless I get a better offer!

Make it a super day, and THINK POSITIVE!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #10  

Hi PHinsUP and for not eating any cookies!!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:49 AM   #11  

Morning gals!

Just checking in as I slepp a few minutes extra this morning, so really didn't have a second to spare.

Cottage That will be a nice break for you. The Shrimp Marinara sounds yummy! I have still never quite figured out the spaghetti squash thing.

Ruth Routine boob squish- You makes me laugh!!

Jet Baby yourself today, you sound like you need it!!

Phins Don't you feel so good when you avoid those things?? WTG!!

RN Hey girl!!

Had a total food binge last night....... STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!!!! I know better and am back on track today. Only one week left to make my Jan goal that I WAS halfway to.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:36 AM   #12  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies,

I'm TIRED this week! I added an orange in to my food at lunch time -- my first week on Phase II, so I'm not sure if that's what's doing it or not.

Quick question: Are Atkins bars approved for SBD?
Old 01-24-2007, 12:26 PM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hello chicks just a quick pop in, life has been super nuts the last few days, and I have been stress eating like crazy.
DH passed out on me having a wicked muscel spasm, we later found out, I thought he was having a heart attack or stroke it was so scary.
Then my cousin mother in law died, and spent the whole day baking yesterday for the reception after the funeral, then had to go deliver and then go to the funeral palour.
Had the baby here yesterday for a few hours he is the one that is starting next month and he cried every time I left his site.
and to top it all off I think I am coming down with something, my thoart is sore again and I am so tired. Well I think that is all for me in the last two days. But I have to dash dd and her friend are on the bus coming home after their exam and need food. And I have to get ready to go to the bus stop and outside play. I will be back later on tonight or for sure in the morning, and I am going to go back to phase 1 for a few days. I would not even get on the scale and today was weigh day. I am so bloated and feel like crap, hopefully that will get me back on track. Chow chicks.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 235

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone. Had my 3 mi. walk today with my neighbor. It's a real pretty day. May go out and pull some weeds I planted some Pansies in my pots on the porch.

I seem to keep gaining and losing the same few lbs. Got get in gear. I do real good until eveing. I sure others have the same problem. Made some sugar-free jello a few days. That really helps. Would welcome and hints or suggestions.

Short post. I'm off to the Doctors.

Have a great day.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #15  
on my way to fabulous

I've successfully slept the day away.

Phins - Congrats on getting so much closer to your January goal!!! You can do it!

Cottage - Your dinner sounds yummy. Have you made any progress on those cushions??

Kiko - Sorry to hear about your setback. You can pull yourself up and get back on track today.

Addicted - I'd try switching from that orange to something else to see if your tiredness goes away. Could be that you might be getting sick or not getting enough sleep.

little chick - What a scary episode with your DH. I don't see how you do it with all the stress going on in your life right now! Hope you're able to get some rest so that bug doesn't attack you full-force.

Morning Star - Have a good day! I love jell-o for snacking. I've been making finger jell-o and the girls just gobble it up.

The UPS man just brought my FlavorWave oven. I'm going to go rip open the box and see how long it might take to cook the turkey breast I bought the other day.
Closed Thread