Old 01-22-2007, 10:15 PM   #1  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Default My scales pants are on fire.

Ok, I am trying to be up beat about this, but My scale says I have lost 5 lbs since Jan. 12. I would really love to believe it, but I just don't see it. Yes, I have been eating on plan and yes I have been working out and using weights, but seems just a little too good to be true.

I would love to be happy, but I am wondering if it is possible. I have read all the forums here 1-2 lbs is good for weight loss anything more it tends to be harder to keep off. I would be averaging something about 3 lbs a week.

I think I am going to make an appt. with my dr. for early Feb and see what they're scale says.

I would like everyones opinion.

Ah my daily eating is usually water when I eat, no set amount
an organic muffin (100 cal)
2-4 pieces of fruit depending on mood
lean cuisine or ethnic gourmet meal
dinner is usually meat (cooked in olive oil) and some vegetables

Occasionally about once a week dinner is a PBJ or tuna fish sandwich (organic bread)

Fri and sat I loosen up a bit and might have a 6 in subway sandwich or a high calories salad from au bon pain.

exercise is 3 or 4 days a week, about 3 miles WATP and then 30 min of strength training with 8lb weights.

I have been consistent since jan 1.

Ok, the more I type the more I think I am finally doing something right, but need someone else to validate it. I know thats wacky but there it is.

-Obie
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Sounds good to me. The first couple weeks I was on plan I lost 4-5 pounds each week. Give it a bit and your body will level out and be more in the normal range. You could still be losing excess water weight, recovering from bloating caused by TOM, or any number of things. Sounds to me like you're doing something right, so keep it up!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:25 PM   #3  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

A lot of depends on how much you have to lose. In the past 19 days, I've lost 10 pounds, and believe me, I have quite a bit to lose. The more excess fat you have, the more your body wants to get rid of it. As long as you feel ok, I say keep doing what you're doing!
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:32 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Validation time - YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!!!! In fact you're doing lots of things right.

When you start out at a higher BMI, the weiight comes off faster. I've had plenty of 5 lb weeks. In fact I sometimes go a few weeks with 1 1/2 lb a week loss and then all of a sudden, with doing nothing different, up pops a 5 lb loss. No rhyme, no reason.

Continue to do what you are doing. You are doing great!!! Keep it up!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:30 AM   #5  
Intuituve Eater

Thanks RockinRobin and everyone else. The first 3lbs seemed like I worked really hard for them, but these 5 didn't seems quite so hard to work for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Validation time - YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!!!! In fact you're doing lots of things right.

When you start out at a higher BMI, the weiight comes off faster. I've had plenty of 5 lb weeks. In fact I sometimes go a few weeks with 1 1/2 lb a week loss and then all of a sudden, with doing nothing different, up pops a 5 lb loss. No rhyme, no reason.

Continue to do what you are doing. You are doing great!!! Keep it up!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Just keep it up and take those losses ~ no matter if they are big or small! They all add up and that is what matters! GREAT job!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Obie, you're doing great! Have you taken some measurements? Seeing the inches drop is an even great validator!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

Hi,

The scales rarely give such a flattering readout so enjoy it! It probably isn't all fat as you say but as you do strength training it's unlikely to be muscle loss either so nothing to worry about. Maybe you had some fluid to get rid of along with your 1-2lbs of fat that you can easily lose a week.

EM
EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #9  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

OK, validation is done. Now CELEBRATE!!! You are doing great!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:23 PM   #10  
Intuituve Eater

Thanks everyone.