Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 01:45 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready To Try Again...#126

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts
Old 01-28-2002, 06:25 PM   #2  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Thought I'd better let you all know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. My knee surgery turned out to be a slightly bigger deal than it was supposed to be, and I'm still on painkillers. I'm not actually supposed to be sitting at the computer, but had to at least let you all know I'm still around. *HUGS*
I'll be back for real in a couple more days.

Andria
Old 01-28-2002, 08:10 PM   #3  

Angry

Glad you are home safe and sound.
Sorry to hear you are in pain.
Best wishes are coming your way and prayers too.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:16 PM   #4  
Beauty is within...

Talking greetings and g'day!!

Hellllooooo!!!

Well, I'm finally back! *whew* what a holiday! I'm actually typing this from work. We got back last Sunday, but been sooo busy getting our new house in order I haven't had time to catch up on anything else....

So it's Tuesday now, my first day back (public holiday yesterday) and trying to acclimatise to the real world again!
Josh started school, so that was a bit of a shock for him too!

Anyway, I will have to keep this short, but just have missed you guys sooo much! I see a couple of new people have joined us and that this thread has been cruising along!

I'm starting my serious weight loss journey again today, officially, although last week was pretty good - lots of gardening and no money to buy junk food! Over the last 8 or so weeks, since I last made any effort, it looks like I've gained a couple of kilos, which in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad at all!
So today I've brought my lunch, and will be going for a walk this afternoon. I want to get rid of the kilos I've gained, and then down down down!!!

I'm talk to you all more later, and will try and catch up with what you've all been up to - won't be reading the missed posts though!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow!!!

Lynne
Old 01-28-2002, 09:24 PM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

I miss DH. He made it to New York said he was going to eat in Little Italy.
I ate a hambuger and fries at lunch, I was stressed about DH being out of town.
Well news is short tonight hope everyone has a good night welcome back Lynn and Andria.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:45 AM   #6  

Smile Inquiring minds want to know... LOL

Good evening ladies....

I want to start with what I have learned about Wally World.
Wally World was an amusement park on the movie "Vacation" ....But I have tried finding if there is such a place and I gave up the search. I found 115,019 references to "Wally World" on the internet. I found WW Camp Resort in Ohio...WW Bookings for college entertainment... even WW -"Swingers/adult video.
BUT.. I did not find an amusement park or a slang for Walmart. LOL. Of course I did NOT read all of them. Just thought inquiring minds would want to know.

And now for an update on my burns. I am doing better. My right cheek already looks much better. My bottom lip is also better but my top is still unkissable. LOL
My chin has it the worst... still. Especially under my chin. It still looks pretty bad.
My stomach and boobs are doing great. My upper chest is so so. My right forearm is great ... but my wrist and outer armpit area is still not good. It just splattered me all over. No ryhme or reason to how it hit me. My lip and chin still hurt all the time but the rest is pretty much pain free.

Tuesday Tip.... This board is for YOU. Sometimes it can get overwhelming trying to keep up with everyone. Some may stop posting because they feel obligated to post to each and every one of us. NO ONE has to post to all of us. We just want to hear from you.... not hear about US from you. If you are lurking please continue to do so... but just remember... we want to hear from you too. We care what is going on in your life. We care if you are struggling as well as succeeding. We care if you skip your meetings and we care if you are losing or gaining. We don't judge you... we don't expect you to "lead" us all into recovery. There is a saying....

"Don't walk in front of me... I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me... I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend."

Dear dear friend.... this post is for YOU !!!!! ( yes...that means you)
Old 01-29-2002, 03:03 AM   #7  

Hi everyone,

2cute, congratulations on your weight loss. You have the right attitude. I wish I had an ounce of your focus. I pigged out today. It would have been my parent's 52nd wedding anniversary. My mom was very sad. I bought a cake and ate quite a bit. I'm thoroughly disappointed in myself. During working hours, I'm on track. Off of work, I'm out of control. Time once again to cut out everything and eat the healthy stuff. Everything is in place.

Speaking of wally world, do you remember when chevy chase parked at the exit in the empty parking lot? I just laugh when I think about it. I've done it once or twice.

Andria, take care of yourself. Are you doing therapy yet? And welcome back Lynne. I would love to see pictures of your wedding.

Tuesday is upon us. Keep on moving.

Sweet dreams,
Malia
Old 01-29-2002, 12:18 PM   #8  

Angry Don't leave me here alone today.

I have been on line reading all over the place.
I have read for so long I don't have time to post now.
Just thought I would add a Tuesday Tip.

Start each day as if it were the first.
Start it with enthusiasm
Start it with hope
Start it with determination
Start it with new resolve

Today is a new day.
Today is the only day that counts.
Today is the day!!!
Today is the day for progress... .
Spit out just one bite and you have progress.
Go ahead.. spit it out
See... you can do it.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-29-2002 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:07 PM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone!!! Long time no talk! No excuses, just didn't get here.

Last Thursday was the last of my visits to my dad's old nursing home. The program we started was unable to continue because of lack of interest. I had a hard time getting other family members to volunteer to help and communication from the Care Center was pretty much non-existent! So it had to be given up. My dad will be gone a whole year on Thursday. Seems so long ago, yet just the other day. I suppose that doesn't make much sense. I guess I was feeling a little down after the reception Thursday, or the darn things were just in my car, but I pigged out on white chocolate macademia nut cookies, more than a dozen, probably 4 WW points a piece! Then we had pizza for dinner and at about 11:00 PM I was sicker than a dog. Suppose I deserved that one!!!

I didn't even feel human on Friday. Saturday I was finally in the land of the living again. And Sunday I did so much laundry (guess I hadn't done any in a year, or something) I was in the basement more than anywhere else.

Monday's WI was good. I'm down 6 pounds! WooHoo! But........don't get too excited. I have done crappy since the first of the year so this just brings me down a little. How the heck did I make it through the holiday, not doing too much damage, and then the first of the year blow it all???? Not sure what happened, but it's about to change.

I dropped off some mail at the post office today and got into the left turn lane to go get one of those yummy Big Bufford burgers from Rally's. Luckily, no one was coming toward me in the intersection because I changed my mind at the last minute and came home to a big salad and about 4 WW points of leftover stir fry for lunch instead! Baby steps, just baby steps!!!

Tuesday's Tip..... NO more NoNo's!!!

Katrina: I loved the passage and the verse! I have copied them in my book. * My office and your computer room sound like twins. I do like the FlyLady website. I think the author was in my head when she wrote it. Some of her ideas are great and I'm already putting them to use. I was able to clean out my dresser the other day, all in one day. Able to put it all away at the end of the day. Had one big bag to donate, and one big bag to throw out. I had 1 whole drawer empty when I finished! Woohoo!!

Malia: I love pegasis'! I have a whole wall of them in my office. * The oriental vegetables from Costco are the BEST!!! I mix a handful or two into all of the Create-A-Meals and Lean Cuisine Skillets that I make. It makes for bigger portions without any additional points!

Mary: Hope you had fun at the genealogy seminar. Are you enjoying all of the time to yourself??? Stay on track. When my DH is out of town, I'm generally out of control. Be good. * My favorite flavors of Walmart water are Blackberry Apple and Black Cherry, but a friend says she really likes the Peach Mango Burst. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to.

LuckyLadyBug: Sorry you're not feeling well.

Pumpkinna: Welcome to the group. We're always happy to 'see' new faces.

Michelle: Figures that Andrew's up and running, and mom and dad are down. It's probably more fun for him that way! It'll all come together soon. Hang in there.

Susie: Another 1.5#!!! Good for you!! * I love a man who will clean toilets, don't you???

Valerie: Welcome to you too! Glad you are joining us on this journey!

Andria: Hope you will be feeling much better very soon!

Lynne: Welcome back, honeymooner!! Can't wait to hear all the details or your wedding and the trip. Pictures???? Pictures, please!!!

2cute: Those burns sound so horribly painful! I'm glad you're feeling a little better. * You are doing such a great job on this journey. You really are an inspiration! 32# is awsome!!!! * UR2sweet!!!!

I think I got everyone. If I didn't, please excuse. I will try to do much better at getting in here everyday. I get waaaaay too far behind when I don't. I love all of you and miss you when I'm not here.

"If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always got." - Frank Maltese, WW leader

Last edited by thinthinker; 01-29-2002 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:14 PM   #10  

Question It is mid afternoon... where are you???

Hi guys !!!!!
Just a quick hello. I am avoiding cleaning.
I bet you guys all think I must be some BIG slob. LOL
Trust me.. I am not. I am just a clutter collector.
I am going to check out that fly lady site as soon as I get caught up.

Malia... I loved your idea of rewards for staying on program rather than just for weight loss. Often we stay on program and still stall. The focus should be consistency.
I thought your picture of Macho Man was a hoot. LOL

Lucky Lady...You have an evil side to you. LOL. Yes... my daughter has her passport... I wasn't there to lose it for her. LOL
Hope you are feeling better.

Mary... please come and vacumn at my house. PLEASE !!!!!!!

Katrina...I was a Girl Scout leader for 5 years. I think I was a pretty good one too. The FIRST requirement for each meeting was to give me a HUG ... and get one back too. I think it is sooooo important for children to feel loved .. unconditionally. I think a few of my girls only got hugs from me.

Susie...I got a kick out of your last post. Just writing away... and then said... "Time for lunch..gotta run." ....and you were out of there. LOL. It just sounded so cute. No one better get in the way of a hungry woman and her food. LOL

Andria... I know you aren't reading this.. but I still have to wish you well.

Lynne... WELCOME HOME. I want PICTURES of the wedding!!!!
You have got to make a web site or something. PLEASE please !!!!

I have been avoiding my cleaning long enough.
I have to get this big ole butt in gear.
Speaking of butts....
Old 01-29-2002, 02:23 PM   #11  

Hi! I am alive. Still not quite well. That sinus and ear infection has really been kicking my butt. The antibiotics that my MIL brought to me proved useless, so I am just trying to tough it out. I decided though, that I can't wait any longer for it to go away. I need to get back into an exercise program NOW. I dusted off the old TaeBo tape today. HOW SAD that was!! I've really let myself go. I was at a point where I could do almost the whole hour video. Today I couldn't get past 20 minutes and I didn't even do all the repititions . That's OK though. At least now I have a challenge, a goal to work towards. The reason I quit doing Tae Bo in the first place is because I could finish the video and doing it everyday was boring. Working my way back to being able to finish it again should keep me busy for a few months. I had cookies for breakfast, not a real good start, but I have the rest of the day planned to compensate.

I'm just concentrating on 10 pounds for now. That's about how much I need to lose to fit into all those pants I bought. I want to get into them SOON! While my DH is off at boot camp, I'll be putting myself through boot camp of my own. I want to look GOOD-FANTASTIC-AWESOME when I fly out to his graduation. I am so sad to be without him, but I'm going to use this time as "me" time. I will be able to concentrate on myself, my meal plans, my exercise, all on my own schedule. I will no doubt be spending much more time in here. Things have been so busy getting everything ready before he leaves. Only a few more weeks BOO-HOO!! I'm so glad I have you guys!!

SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK LYNNE!!!
AND A "HI" to 2Cute, TT, Malia, and Andria!!

Gotta go for now,
Jen
Old 01-29-2002, 02:31 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Hi all...

Very quick post from me for now...I have SO much stuff to do today...I will be forsaking sleep for errands... Tonight is our last Cub Scout meeting. A little bittersweet for me, right now I'm going through pictures that have been taken over these past 5 years...so amazing to see how much the boys have grown!

Eating is under control today. No exercise yet, but it's on my mind to squeeze it in somewhere.

Gotta go...back later.

Old 01-29-2002, 02:50 PM   #13  

Angry LOL... we all are posting at the same time.

Thinthinker... you snuck in on me while I was posting. would have just edited but I was afraid you would miss it.
It ended up that Jen and Kat were posting at the same time and I couldn't get back in. LOL
So happy to see you again. I used to buy these expensive Macadamia nut cookies and save them for that "special" treat. But I had to cancel that... I have no control with those things... too too good. Mmmmm

I can't believe it has been a year already since your dad passed.
I imagaine that was an emotional situation for you. {{Hugs}}

Good job avoiding Rallys. We don't have those here but I have our own BIG BETTER BURGER places here too. Turning that car is even better than spitting it out.

Jen... good to see you. You will be kicking TaeBo butt in no time.
It is a good plan to dedicate this time for you. Keep focused.

Kat... tonight will be very emotional. Be prepared. Don't let it turn you to food for consoleing.

I also want to send a big smile to Valerie and Pumpkinna.
I don't know how I missed you earlier... you must be on the last page and not this one yet. Now I worry about who else I missed.

I really really have to go clean.!!!!!!!!!
Just remember to HANG IN THERE !!!!
Old 01-29-2002, 02:58 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello again! You'll all be sorry I came back! :

Jen: That will be terribly dramatic for you to lose hubby to boot camp. Hang in there.....and here, we'll pull you through.

Katrina: I wasn't a den leader for Cub Scouts but I arranged all of the Pack activities while my two boys were scouting. It will be a rough night for you. [[[hugs]]]

I was reading on another thread and someone posted this. I thought it was interesting and very useful. See what you think. It's from Dr. Phil's column in Oprah's magazine and is talking about success.

Sometimes we get so hard on ourselves when we feel like we're not being successful. And sometimes, that is rightly so because it seems that no matter how much we want to lose this weight; we still sabotage ourselves.

These are traits and characteristics that Dr. Phil has found in winners, champions and success stories:
1. Specific goals. These winners could describe exactly what constituted success for them. They visualized when and where their success would happen and how it would feel.

2. Strategy. They didn't flounder about, trying first one thing and then another. They had well thought out step-by-step strategies for attaining success.

3. Action. They knew their goal, made a plan and pulled the trigger. The road to he** is paved with good intentions. These people took action.

4. Self-management. They took care of themselves mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. They refused to be dragged down by themselves or others.

5. Passion. They were excited about their goals-- pumped and committed 24/7. They couldn't wait to jump out of bed in the morning and talk about, think about and work on their goals.

6. Support. I've never encountered a true winner who was a lone ranger. These people bonded with others through their enthusiasm.

Integrating these traits into your life can help you succeed in whatever you seek to achieve.

Later, ladies!!!
Old 01-29-2002, 03:13 PM   #15  
You and Me in 2003

Hey look at all the posts!

DH called from the airport he is catching an earlier flight.

I ate a subway today. It is so sad i was just going to eat half but it kept calling me from the frig. so I caved in and ate it. at least it was a baked chicken breast.

Good to see you back thin.
Closed Thread