Old 01-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Chat for Jan. 22-28, 2007

Hey!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey, yourself!

New pages! Let's go! Imagine that you have opened up a new diary and smell the wonderful scent of clean paper. Get the pen loaded up with ink and write. Careful, don't smudge!

The dogs have been walked, the oatmeal has been eaten, the first emails and phone calls of the day have been made: the new week is here waiting for us to make something of it.

It's almost 11AM here and I've been OP all day!

Rhonda
Old 01-22-2007, 12:34 PM   #3  

I'm back from the horsepistol (as my funny ol' dad used to call the hospital) ... they told me to come back in six months and that nothing looked like it needed to be biopsied at the present. There were lots of places so they're just going to watch them for a while.

Time for lunch; I'll check back in a little bit.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:27 PM   #4  

Well, that's good new, right? It's funny, my dad calls it the "horsepistol" sometimes too.

We had a big family gathering this weekend, since we were getting my oldest dd baptized. It was a beautiful, simple occasion where she was surrounded with family and friends...very nice.

I've been having TOM off and on for about 2 weeks now, so my weight is pretty confused. I'm hoping by weigh-in next week, it will have decided to quit. I forgot to mention that I lost .6 last week. Not stellar, but at least it's in the right direction.

Angela
Old 01-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #5  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Congrats on the weight loss Angela - every teeny weeny little bit counts. Glad you had a nice family gathering for dd - I'm sure it will make great memories for her.

Kathy - sorry you were up and worrying - I also try to remind myself that everything seems worse in the 'dark' and by morning I will be able to deal with things better - not that it helps me fall asleep - but I try to get some perspective in there! Glad the u/s did not show anything serious!

Rhonda - clean pages are nice - I actually found this 'journal' I bought last year for my weight loss progress. - looks like I got up to January 21 - how funny is that? and the rest of the pages are blank. So I decided to 'resurrect' it and have a 6 week countdown to my cruise - I am writing my wl progress and goals as well as exercising attempts! Hopefully this will help keep me motivated.

As for my toesies - so I have a bandaid on the top of one toe so my shoes don't rub - Not sure about treadmilling tonight? Maybe a richard simmons tape in my SOCKS! No rubbing shoes allowed - or if I do treadmill - will have to take 'extra precautions' - like cotton balls taped onto my toes - ha ha ha

Bored at work today cuz I don't feel like doing anything - how bad is that? Also cruise buddy Ray back from his current cruise - #10 - which means he is a 'platinum' cruiser and got lots of extra perks. Took his 'partner' and Mom with him (and she's in a wheelchair) so it was not as relaxing as he had hoped - says he can't wait to cruise with me - cuz I am a 'real cruiser' and know my way around! Bad news is he just emailed me and just got diagnosed with Diabetes - so he is, as expected, in a deep funk. I know he was having some blood sugar issues and was being tested regularly, but I guess it was not getting better?

He is on metformin now and feeling very badly - and I do feel for him too. My mom was diabetic and had many health complications because of it - hence my need to get my weight under control cuz I too am at high risk. Luckily my recent bloodwork showed my sugar as within normal range - but I know how quickly I can change. I hope this doesn't impede on his enjoyment of our upcoming cruise? (Can I still eat the warm chocolate melting cake in front of him??? or will that upset him too much?).

Speaking of food - my weight was still 1 lb up and this is driving me crazy - I think I am stuck! And I need to shake things up a bit and getting moving downward or I shall not meet my goal - may need to readjust it I guess? 10 lbs in 6 weeks is a pretty tall order!

Will try and check in later!

Frouf
Old 01-22-2007, 04:06 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, that's great news! I once had some issues to watch and the danged spots just disappeared. I'll pray for that for you as well.

I just got back from the Internist. I got new allergy medicine, Clarinex, and a different antibiotic, Doxcylcine. He also wants me to go for a Cardiac Referral because of my tight chest since the end of December. I do still have congestion but he thinks there may be two issues happening. My Dad had a heart attack when he was about my age and my Mother had bypass surgery. I've always worried about it but now I'm completely freaked out. I'm scared to death to know for sure and I'm scared to death not to know. And....the fear makes my chest hurt worse. Sigh. I think I'm going to take the antibiotic first along with the new allergy medicine and then figure out what to do from there.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:07 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

thank you, froufy. i was lost, wasn't i?

rhonda, life is good. i wrote a few minutes ago on last week's thread about how i enjoy your perky, upbeat posts. you make my day.

a friend just asked me what was something new i could do for myself today that would help me lose weight. my answer: i called the women's club and am getting set up to start using weights to help tone these flabby parts.

kathy, that's great news. i know you're relieved. it's a good sign when those in the know don't act panicky, isn't it? i had a phone call one time from results from a pap smear. i have to tell you the call was a weird one. the nurse said, "now, don't you go t_ts up on us. everything is probably all right." i had never been told that before--for sure. but she was right. everything was all right.

angela, your post makes me smile. i am happy for you, dd, and everybody else who was part of this special occasion.

vickie, you keep us posted. when do you go to the cardiologist? take care of yourself and remember--we're here for you. curtis takes doxcylcine to help with his arthritis. our rheumatologist prescribed it for him.

frouf, i think you can lose 10 lbs in 6 weeks. i am still impressed with your 3.3 mph on the treadmill.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:35 PM   #8  

Hi Ladies I am back, this time for good. I was off the wagon for a while and did not post or come on the boards. I tried to change my screen name to something else but was not able too so I just registered a new name, my old screen name was Mattandgabbysmom. It is I Niki back from the world of non core foods, I have been thinking about you guys but just wasn't ready to come back. I am ready now, I am in the right frame of mind right now and determined to get this weight off once and for all with all of your wonderful help and support if you will still have me
I will catch up and see how everyone is doing.

Niki
Old 01-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Niki, I wondered where you went. Of course, you're welcome here any time! I can't imagine a better place to be. I'm lurking more than posting right at the moment. I'm struggling with some health issues and some other emotional things right now. I'm eating healthy, though, and that's something to be proud of. I'm SO happy to hear that you are back and determined. Maybe you'll inspire me too! Good Luck with your program.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:17 PM   #10  

Thank you Vickie, I hope all is well with your health. I hope I do inspire and get inspired along my journey. I truly am a happier person when I follow Core, I tried the points and it just does not work for me. Lets do this battle together
Old 01-22-2007, 07:44 PM   #11  

Hey there Niki! Of course we remember you well!! I hope things go well for you and this time is THE time!

Frouf, my girl, you were on my mind today for this reason (you're gonna laugh) ... I went to Whole Foods after work to get ONE item. I wanted some Natural Ovens blueberry bagels. Well, in I walk and there's the produce section, so I get some fresh blueberries. Then there's the salad dressing, so I get Judd some of his FF balsamic vinaigrette. And oh, look! Those thin Italian breadsticks will go great in the vegetable bouquet I'm making for Wednesday's potluck at work (and the theme is "healthy" ... ugh! Do you have ANY idea how hard that one is???). Keep walking, keep walking ... oh LOOK! A SAMPLE! And you know how we love samples in the grocery store. This one was smoked salmon spread. There were some Kashi TLC crackers, my favorite, out to put the spread on so I did and OH. MY. GOODNESS. This spread is absolutely absolutely absolutely to die for! I got a little tub of it because it was $9.99 a pound. Yikes! At least I know that nobody else here will touch it so it's safe with me. Now if I can stay out of it and not eat the whole tub in one sitting I'll be happy. I got less than 1/2 pound because it was $4.xx. I am SO EXCITED! Then I saw the dark chocolate and got a bar of Green & Black Maya Gold. Oh and another little teeny box of three pieces of another kind (can't remember the brand though) which was dark chocolate and cherry. Walking ... walking ... pomegranate juice! I'll get a bottle of that and FINALLY I get over to the bread section. I grabbed those bagels and headed straight to the checkout before more damage was done.

So in case you didn't recognize it, the smoked salmon spread was where you came in, Frouf. Have you ever had it? I swear I could have pulled up a chair and cleaned them out right on the spot. Never in my entire life have I had something that tasted so good.

Vickie, I hope these new meds do you some good, and that you get to the cardiologist soon. I'm supposed to be going back too but they haven't done the referral yet. Anyway, I'm sure they'll be able to fix you right up. My dad had his first heart attack at age 44 and bypass surgery at 49 ... that makes me feel a little uneasy when my chest starts hurting. I've already been hospitalized once for it two years ago and am not anxious to repeat it. Please keep us updated.

Frouf, I also think that 10 pounds in 6 weeks is do-able. In fact, let's all do it with you! Who's in???

Sandra, those weights will make a big difference. I should be doing them to but I'm not; instead, I suppose I'm happier complaining about the flabby remainder instead of working on getting rid of it. Maybe someday. I'm proud of you for taking action on it.

I have to go mop now. Bindy was outside and I didn't close the door all the way. She came in while I wasn't looking and tracked mud all over the place. Usually I meet her at the back door with a towel so we can do the "sit" and "shake" thing and I wipe her paws. There are big muddy pawprints all over the tile which I tried to get with a rag but noooooo ... it's going to take the mop to get them. Sigh ...
Old 01-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Glad my posts cheer you Sandra.

Froufy, I agree that 10 pounds in 6 weeks is a tall order. But, let's see how close we can get. I've got 9 to go. I'm still surrounded by s. I think I need another workplace!!

Kathy, good to hear that your report is OK. I'm going to come down there to Texas and go grocery shopping with you. It sounds like much more fun than my trips to the store.

Niki, good luck with your new inspiration! I've decided that this is my LAST year with these struggles. It is darned well going to change for the better. I looked at some old WW charts. I am currently heavier than I was in 2003, but less than I was when I came here in June. It will work if you work it. (That is actually an AA expression: "the program works if you work it.")

I got home late and don't want to do any So, I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning. A meeting scheduled for then got cancelled so I'll use that time and try one of my DVD's.

There's an expression from Zen: "chop wood; haul water." While it could sound like life is drudgery and boring, it really means something more like enjoy the rhythm, do what needs to be done without asking for more. So, I've decided the Zen approach to all of this is "eat less; move more." No doubt, I am now enlightened!

Whew, I better rest after that one.

Bye,
Rhonda
Old 01-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

welcome niki. it's good to see you back. okay, let's get our pounds off.

sorry this is short. i'll be back tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:28 PM   #14  

The other chocolate, in case anyone is interested, is New Tree Blush and it is divine. I have one little piece of Dove each night and it's a good end to the day, but this New Tree is REALLY a good chocolate. The 9g piece is 26 calories, and since dark chocolate is shown to have good antioxidant properties, it feels like I'm doing something healthy yet satisfying. If I had to count a point for it, I would but I hardly think it would be even 1/2 a point. Still, I have room in my daily allowance for it.

So, I hope everyone's having a great night. Bindy and I are already upstairs in our little room; she's a bit confused since it's early but we're watching TV. She'll probably sack out as soon as I turn off the light.

See you tomorrow! (And hopefully it's later than 2 a.m.!!!)
Old 01-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #15  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Is there anything better than SMOKED SALMON spread? I think not! Kathy is now an addict just like me - yes there is bagel shop in town that sells this FABULOUS spread - but I try to avoid the store (and the spread) for obvious reasons! It is delish but probably not good to inhale in the quantities that I would!

I love the idea of a "10 lbs to Froufie's Cruise Challenge" - who else is in? It really feels good to have everyone's support and participation - how cool is that! If you all say I can do it - I will certainly try (not counting tonight's non-supper, then subsequent face stuffing - need I say more?) Must try and stay focussed. Unfortunately we are going out for a bday lunch tomorrow so I will try and order carefully (menu: http://www.chateaucartier.com/sam/sam-menu-en.php ) - the cake is on thursday and I know I can avoid that!

Vickie - so sorry to hear you are still not feeling better - hope the new meds are just what you need. I also hope the chest pain issue is nothing more than some anxiety - please try and relax and not worry too much? Time for a relaxing destressing bubble bath! - maybe some good movies to take your mind off of things?

Rhonda - 'eat less, move more' just about sums about every sane diet philosophy out there - no magic pill - just expend more energy than you inhale! Easier said than done of course!

Sandra - kudos to you for deciding to do some weight training - I think that's a great idea - and remember all that muscle you build will help burn more calories!

Niki - welcome back - I missed you! So glad you are back on the wagon with the rest of us. How are the kiddies? How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Dh out jamming - I am just back from 'chauffeur' duties - driving dd back and forth from dance - she is insisting she is going to fail her math exam - I am insisting this is NOT an option - I do have a call in to her math teacher - and he has not returned my call (from Friday) - what's up with that? I told her her 'dancing' is on the line if she fails - this is NOT GOOD!

While she was dancing got little ds some more pants and long sleeved shirts - poor child was looking like a pauper with 'flood pants' - guess he has grown again - with rips in the knees! Time to retire those things!

Otherwise I should go to bed early as I am very tired- and have that twitching eye thing which is emphasizing that point!

Nitey nite!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 01-22-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Closed Thread