South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 06:10 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Musings - Chat for January 22

Getting coffee - back in a bit.

There! That's better! I seem to be starting a wee cold and will have to fight it off today with lots of fluids and maybe a nap this afternoon. I find Vitamin C, herb tea and extra sleep can stop a cold in its tracks for me.

Unless I get an appointment with the optometrist for my new glasses, I'll be sticking close to home today. This is a busy week with something on every daytime and evening and I need my alone time. I'll do some sewing and plan what stuff I'm taking to FL next month. It'll be very limited as I'm planning to do carryon!

The Girls have eaten and been out and are snuggled on the couch in the back room. I feel like joining them - maybe later.

So what's happening on your stretch of the sand today?
Old 01-22-2007, 07:28 AM   #2  

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Ruth, that sux about your glasses. I hope you can get an appointment soon.

Today is the start of P2 for me. I lost 7 lbs. total in P1...not great, but it's a start. At least that put me only 1 lb. away from my January goal.

It snowed pretty much all day here yesterday. Luckily it was warm and a lot of it melted on contact. The streets are clear, but the grass isn't. So hopefully the morning commute won't take forever.

Speaking of which I need to pack up my lunch and get ready for the day.

Have a good day everyone!

GO BEARS!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

No Curves for me this morning, it's a "slip & slide" morning out there. Most of the schools are on a 2 hour delay. Thank goodness I don't have to venture out until noon! We're finally getting our long overdue winter.
I survived my turkey dinner yesterday, and even had just one piece of cake; but for some odd reason, the scale is up a bit today. What's with that!!? I haven't cheated even once all week. Gotta just keep thinking positive, and stop being such a scale-ho!
I hope you can get an appt. for new glasses today, Ruth!
Time to fix a little breakfast, I'll be back in a bit!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:38 AM   #4  

Morning, Anna! Take it slow and easy on those roads!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:46 AM   #5  

Morning!

Ruth I hope that you are able to get your glasses fixed today. Take good care of yourself today!!

Cottage WTG on staying on plan! Don't worry about the scale, if you are doing everything right you know that it will come off.

Anna Good morning!

Me- I am up 2 pounds this week. My own doing though, so I am not going to rip anyone's head off. I didn't do a "good" grocery shop this weekend, so will need to get creative to stay on plan. Not too many days left in January to make my goal!!

Gotta go..... busy day here today!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just called the optometrist and found they are booked solid until Jan. 31. However, just as we spoke, someone cancelled their 3 PM and I got it! Cold or no cold, I'm off to town this afternoon for new glasses. Whew! I can use my dark ones for driving.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

(Cold) Morning, everyone!

Ruth - I am dealing with optometrist problems myself at the moment. I have to go and pick up my glasses today, then pay for my contacts prescription so that I can order them cheaper online. Good luck with getting your new glasses!

annarenee - 7 pounds on P1 is great! Congrats - and I'm sure you'll make your goal.

cottagebythesea - I'm sure your body will reflect your not cheating eventually - I've noticed that sometimes it takes a day or two for things to catch up.

Kiko - Good luck with getting creative this week!

Me - Today was my weigh-in, and I'm exactly the same as last week, which is a bit discouraging. This was my first week on P2, though, so I figure my body's still adjusting - plus, I started exercising this week, too. (Oh, and I went to a party on Saturday night where I may have gone off plan just a bit. ) I still have quite a few weeks to make my Valentine's day goal, so I figure that this is just a temporary setback!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:13 AM   #8  
on my way to fabulous

S/C/G: 239/218.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning, y'all.

Ruth - Hope you get to feeling better very soon. Rest as much as you can!

Anna - 7# is a great loss for PH1!! Don't let anyone (including yourself) tell you any different.

Cottage - I'll stay off the scale this week if you do! I'm bad about hopping on almost every morning.

I'm down in the back again this week. Mom & Dad's new house doesn't have heat yet (no, they're not living there yet!!), and the combination of cold muscles and picking up the girls did me in. Dad had given me "the good drugs" yesterday, and I'd forgotten all about it until I went to bed last night. My oldest and I are also developing a cold. I need to dig the Zycam out of the medicine cabinet as soon as we get home today.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #9  

Jet and Ruth, take care of those colds! Zycam is great, it really works! I'm glad you were able to snatch up that appt. today, Ruth!

I'm all snug and cozy here this morning, sipping a cup of green tea. I have a pot of Fireside Sausage & Bean soup simmering on the stove, and that will be my lunch for the week until it runs out. I love that recipe, it's my "comfort food". (Right, Kiko?) It's going to be hard to get motivated to leave to pick up the girls. I wonder what shape their house will be in today? I don't think the contruction crew was there over the weekend. As long as the water is turned back on, we'll be OK. We can turn on the fireplace in the kitchen and sit at the table to work on our Valentines.
Time to run for now. Take care!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning gals...just a quickie before I head off to work.
I've done ok over the weekend...no major slip ups!! other than the margarita friday night...but I'm way over that! LOL
I ate a good breakfast and am still drinking on my 1st glass of water...I added a morning stretch to my routine this morning...I feel stretched. lol
I use my balance ball and follow a DVD that came with it...it's a nice stretch.
I'm gonna attempt to walk this afternoon...either on a treadmill or outside..if it's not raining!
Well...gonna go get ready for work now...
Hang in there!!! spring is on it's way!!
Tina
Old 01-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

Morning all!!! DF & I finally booked our flight to Vegas in JUne (for the wedding).....$600.00 later - why is it so much to fly? It's probably cheaper than driving & a lot faster, so I should just hush! There's light flurries here, and I have to go to work later today (not looking forward to it!)
DF & I went to PF Changs yesterday....2 days in a row eating out....not good! So I have black bean soup & chicken capri for today with TONS of water!!

Ruth - Take care & thank good you got that appt. today!
Annarenee - enjoy your day!
Cottage - Becareful when you do go out....I'm with you with the scale not being my friend either!!
Kiko - I think I'm going to start exercising so I can make Jan's goal - I haven't started that yet.
Jenny- I think a few of us were off the beach this weekend. Let's have a better week this week!
Jetsetter - MORNING!!
Phins - Good for you with the exercising!! I do hope Spring comes soon!! Even if it's been a mild winter, I still hate the cold (and the slush, and salt...)

I'm off to drink some water & cook!! Enjoy your day!!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Good Morning All,

Cottage - Valentines! Boy does that bring back pleasant memories. I used to love sitting with my kids cutting out paper doilys, red construction paper, ribbons, buttons, glue...today there's so much more one can purchase to make darling cards - what fun!

Jetsetter - You must be more careful with your back dear one...maybe one of those belts they where at costo for lifting might not be a bad idea for you use. I pray your cold does not develope on top of every thing else.

Jenny, Cottage and Kiko - Be sure to read Lubajo's post on the 'Thread's Forum', it's very inspirational.

Ruth - Whew, good timing to get your glasses appt! Take care to not let that cold get the best of you!

Me - DH and I are finished with our daily readings, prayer and talking over the plans for today. Not too much on the agenda for today except my OT lessons...I have to listen to one more CD and take notes before I can start.
I have a ham bone in the fridge that I am thinking of making a nice pot of soup for DH...love making soups~ Have a great SB day ladies.

I love you sis,
Old 01-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Sorry Jenny, almost forgot!

Congrats on your 7lb loss, that's fantastic!
Old 01-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Morning girls...met my Jan Goal of 10 lbs...scale said 12 yesterday and 10 today...but I will take the 10...maybe not enough water yesterday....but happy with the 10...10 equals 1 size in clothes...

Be back later. DH has breakfast ready and then off for water class...love you all...

I hope you all check post on Thinspirational talk that I posted yesterday...I think it was so good...enjoy.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:32 PM   #15  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

Height: 5'3"

Hello,

I'm starting Phase II today as well. I lost 9 pounds in Phase I. WHY AM I NOT HAPPY WITH THAT? I think because it doesn't exactly feel real to me. My clothes don't feel different, and with a 9 pound loss, they should (especially since that's almost 1/4 of the way towards my goal), right? So I'm sitting here just thinking that it's all water weight.

I'm adding an orange in to my food this week; I'll have it with lunch every day. We'll see how that goes.

I'm also going to start exercising this week. My goal this week is to do at least an hour (so probably two half hour workouts). It's not much, but it's a start. I want to get a pedometer, too...

Can I ask how long each of you has been on SB?
Closed Thread