Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #1  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

Default How is it possible?

I ask this question out of genuine curiousity and a little cynicism haha.

On Friday I weighed in and had lost 1 lb last week. I know I didn't eat all that well over the weekend but it could have been (and usually was) a LOT worse. I weighed again this morning to survey the damage and I had gained 1 1/2 lbs! This was even after I was MUCH more active this weekend (remodeling bathroom, cleaning for 3 hours, walking in general for about 2 hours). It's just so disheartening that I ate so well last week and worked so hard to lose 1 little pound, and after eating not great, but not horrible for two days I gain that and more back. What's the deal?
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Don't panic.It could be a lot of things.Maybe you didn't get enough water and with all the work you did your body retained fluid.If you ate anything that is salty it can also make you retain fluid.You might have added a little muscle with the hard work you did.Go back to the healthy eating and recheck it in a few days.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:21 AM   #3  

It is doubtful that you really gained a pound and half of fat over the weekend. And fat gain/loss is all that really matters, in my book. Likely you noshed on something salty and have water gain, or are nearing your TOM and have bloat. Heck, I've heard some people say they gain a couple of mystery pounds shortly after they increase their exercise. I'm going to say that's due to water also. Water gain is *nothing* to be concerned with.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #4  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

Water gain did actually occur to me shortly after I posted. I usually take in about 100 oz a day but over the weekend my water intake decreased dramatically, and unfortunately, I did eat a lot of salty things. Back to healthy eating!
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote