Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-19-2007, 01:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Oh..My..GOD!

Ok, so I've been having really bad cravings the past week or so. TOM is coming, and I know this is the culprit. And today I had a craving for a chicken strip basket from Dairy Queen. And what did I find?

It has 920 CALORIES!!!!!! And 49 GRAMS OF FAT!!!!

NEVER AGAIN!

Now I feel horrible and gross. And you know how many grams of trans fats? About 14. That is disgusting. I'm pretty sure most of the trans fats came from the fries, and I only had a few, so that makes me feel a little better.............a little.

Ugh, so much for getting back on track. I did work out yesterday though. And I'm definitely going to work out today!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:00 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Oh, LaBonita, I hear ya! I had a shock like that once with a fast food hamburger--I think it was BK, but they are all about the same. I had blown almost my whole day's calories and it was only after lunch! AAAAHHHHH!!!

Well, all I can say is, try to keep low-cal for the rest of the day, and consider it a lesson learned.

Sometimes you can find calorie amounts on Websites before you go to places and save some agony!

Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:14 PM   #3  
Ex-fast food junkie

S/C/G: 168/167/140

Height: 5'6

I feel your pain I had a craving for Taco Bell today....until I looked up the nutrition facts. I've come to the conclusion that unless I eat only a small french fry or a kids meal, I'll ruin my day. And I'll still be hungry
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #4  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I know. When will the cravings stop? I've had these mad cravings for the past few days for chocolate, salty foods like chips and cola. I'm not even a big chocolate fanatic, but it seems the PMS hit me really hard this month. I just know it will be over within the next couple of days.
Hang in there.

Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/145/115

Height: 5'2

Ugh, I had Tim Horton's Cookies which are sold in a bag of 6...now i COULD just buy one, but I impulisvley bought the bag, just because they can be assorted...and oh my god, they are about at least 170 calories EACH. I'm totally bummed out, because that wasn't all I ate today. I'm really mad at myself, but I can't change the past, and I chose to eat what I ate knowing full well yet ignoring the consequences.

I can take this as a lesson learned. But once I feel less sick the next day, I might do this all over again...ugh.
Remember2Forget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Once you know the info you can never enjoy some things again.

M&M's are my friend. I count out 10 at a time. 34 calories
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 02:45 AM   #7  

It's hard to go cold turkey giving up the foods that we used to eat on a regular basis. I don't think that going back for a meal like the bad old days is always a bad thing. I do this occassionally, just to get the cravings under control. Sure, I might blow my calories out of the water for that day, but if it helps me stay the course for the next couple of weeks, it's worth it. If I told myself when I started that I would never be able to eat fried chicken or bbq'ed ribs again, I would never have lasted a month.

Just remember, you used to eat that way regularly. You don't now, right? As long as you reduce your overall calories for the week or month, you will lose weight. Don't kick yourself for being human. Everything in moderation, even moderation.

Just be careful not to let it become a every day or every other day thing! It's easy to do that, and pretty hard to break if you get into the habit.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:19 PM   #8  
LLV

Yep, I've been there. I don't remember exactly what the meal was (which, now that I think about it, proves it couldn't have been that great) but when I looked up the nutrition info, I was shocked to learn I'd just put away over 1300 calories. I wanted to shoot myself, lol.

So from that point on I did some research, found numerous sites that give calorie information for many restaurants (including one for Taco Bell and others where you can customize your food and it will give you the nutrition info based on how you're going to order it) and I never eat anything unless I know how many calories I'm consuming.

Don't worry, hon, we've all done that. Just consider it a lesson learned, put it behind you and move on
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #9  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Also, I find that if I really really love something I will get it but eat only some of it and balance it out with extra veggies.

Like my current favorite is a healthy but high fat eggplant lasagne at buggattis (most of the fat is olive oil and some cheese). I estimate the whole serving is ~ 1000 calories, but if I make it last 2-3 meals its ok ( and it is big enough to be 2-3 meals)

But for fast food...nuhuh, no way.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Thanks for the support ladies. Well not only did I eat that yesterday, but I went to the bar with a friend I hadn't seen in forever, and I had 3 margaritas and 2 tequila shots! I've never drank that much, so I'm feeling a little yucky today.

I don't even wanna KNOW what the calories for the day turned out to be...LOL. But yes, that was one bad day out of many other healthy days. So I'll get over it and move on!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #11  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

Ugh, I feel your pain 100%.

5 people live in this house, and 3 are fast food JUNKIES. My mom and I are watching what we eat, with her counting carbs and me keeping an eye on my calories.

So everyone else wants McD's,and I get a salad, THINKING I'm doing ok.

300 CALORIES IN A SALAD! My God, I could have died right then. Not to mention the 170 calories in the dressing, and 60 in the croutons. Thankfully I picked the croutons off to begin with.

I know I know, 470 calories isn't so bad in and of itself, but I find almost 500 calories for a SALAD ridiculous.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:55 PM   #12  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfyre View Post
300 CALORIES IN A SALAD! My God, I could have died right then. Not to mention the 170 calories in the dressing, and 60 in the croutons. Thankfully I picked the croutons off to begin with.
I like the McDonald's grilled chicken ceasar, but I always use my own dressing and croutons (a couple of tablespoons of the fat-free croutons instead of those butter-soaked things from most fast food places). The salad itself is 206 calories and I use light dressing, never theirs. So that's not too bad. The only bad thing is the sodium from the grilled chicken. 820 mgs.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBonita View Post
I don't even wanna KNOW what the calories for the day turned out to be...LOL.
What's really helpful for next time is to actually calculate everything we eat and drink, then when we have an odd bad day (which I think is totally fine and for me seems helpful in tricking the metabolism), we know next time how "fattening" certain things are to help us steer clear. I would guess the shots were no problem but margaritas are known to be pretty high in calories; [Margarita (3 fl oz) 170 calories]). That would be a good thread: what lo cal alcoholic drink can be recommended?
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #14  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

oh crud, my friend posted a long list of drinks and thier calories a couple weeks ago on another forum...all I remember is dont ever get a long island...
Old 01-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #15  

I can really relate - one meal out and it's hard to get back on track!
Spender is offline   Reply With Quote