South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:27 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Weekend Chat of Weightloss (and Health GAIN!)

Hey, Chickies!

Just staring off the weekend early. I have to go to bed soon since DH and I are hoping to go to a 7:30 a.m. Yoga class tomorrow. I'm excited...I've missed Yoga and DH has never been. I've never met anyone less flexible than that man...he NEEDS to do Yoga!!!

Hope we'll both be awake enough that our upward dogs don't turn into downward face-plants.

Have a great weekend, Beachies! Stay warm!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:21 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I should hope you're off to bed soon! You need more sleep, Supergal.

I snoozed until 6 this morning - the Girls must know it's the weekend. It's back to cold weather again today but the sky is clear in the east so a sunny day is in store for us. I plan to hibernate except for a trip to the dump and another to take the bulletins to the Church. Whoops! The plow just went by so I guess I'll be shovelling the hump away from the end of my lane before I go anywhere - good exercise, I keep telling myself!

What's on your agenda?
Old 01-20-2007, 07:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's so nice to come downstairs in the morning and find coffee already made! Yeay Saturdays!!!

There's a dusting of snow out there and it's really gusty, a nice morning to stay at home. I do need to get out later though and pick up a few groceries. I noticed I have silver spray paint all over my glasses when I went to clean them this morning! Darn it! The girls and I made a rocket out of a heavy construction tube yesterday and took it outside to paint it, and the wind must have blown the spray on my glasses! Would cleaning the lenses with a paint solvent hurt them, do you think?

Kiko ~ CONGRATULATIONS for finally getting the good news you've been waiting for! I'm so happy for you, Sweetie!

Beachgal ~ Do you ever sleep? I don't know how you manage to stay up so late. Oh, to be young again! Have fun at your yoga class, don't make DH overdo it!

Ruth ~ Sounds like a nice day to cozy up by the fire. Watch your back when shoveling that snow.

Time to refill my cup and get the oatmeal going. Have a wonderful day!
Old 01-20-2007, 07:56 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, are they glass or plastic lenses? If plastic, don't use the solvent on them! I'd give an optometrist a call.

Thanks for mentioning oatmeal. I have to start eating hot cereal these cold morning. Red River is my favourite to make in the crockpot overnight.

Time to crank up the day as it's nearly eight!
Old 01-20-2007, 08:04 AM   #5  

Sun Salutations All

Gosh what a chatty bunch yesterday! So much to catch up on! But first:

KIKO! to you and DH - I bet even though you've been stress eating you feel like you lost 10lbs off yer shoulders!

Barb: Wheew! Those layoffs are never ending..so stress producing..glad you survived another round.

Cottage: Are you at Curves? Stay warm and off them icy roads!

Tar: Sounds like you are doing the right thing.. better to keep the pooch away from the kidlets!

Ruth: did you REALLY have a semi hibernating day yesterday Slow Down thar Speedracer!

Kim: New office mate! Ah just give her some pens,paper,a stapler and paperclips and name tent and stick her in the break room fer now

Phins: yumolah! : I haveta try just baking tomato and mozzarella! Never could get to like V8. I have a case of it that DH bought.. I might start doing half and half Tomato juice and V8 to use it.

Karen31: on the 4 pounds loss AND exercising! You are doing greeeeaaat!

Jet: That is OUTSTANDING!!!!!! Congrats on the loss !!!!

Morning Star: Take care of yerself Doll

Sarahu: You must be on My gfren is an amazing quilter and she has some super machine thats all computerized with an embroidery cd that you stick in and pick the icon you want to embroider..Amazing! We made doggie paw Xmas stockings a few years back with the pups names embroidered on them. I have to check out your web to see the dolls..What a loving thing to do!

RNMOM: I feel fer ya darlin! Hang in thar Babalooie! The last class I had the instructor spent the majority of the time "selling" us on joining the PMI.org, the local chapters etc..I swear he was a plant to get membership up!

LC: Does DH act like he has the plague? Mine does

Mamajok: I love Lil Bear in the Avatar and the caption fits purrrrfectly! What is a condo/house exchange??

Stinger: thats Cheap... It's $2.17 for regular here...
Lubajo: What a loverly tradition to have with your daughters !

Soon: my little baboo...How is the job going? Are you going to try to become a manager ?

Food was CRAPTACULAR yesterday... so today must be extra conscious of what I eat. But all my chores are done, so I can spend the day on studying..and learning more about self contracting our house. We met with one designer who seems not as knowledgeable as one would be after in the biz for 20 years. Then I called another place, and me and the gal really hit it off just over the phone. Her rates are lower, and said all the "right" things (according to what I've read at least). We're going to have her meet us at the property this week with the developer to first figure out house placement, perc test site, and septic field area... fun fun fun. DH and I also have done a rough baseline approximate cost... Did you know that if you decide to build a house and you get a general contractor to handle the management of it , securing sub contractors etc, that his take is between a 1/4, to 1/3 of the house total cost?!! Done through "labor" and material mark ups! Unbelieveable!! So that's just more incentive to be our own GC and get the bids and do the site supervision.
Time for more CAWFEE!! I'll take the pups fer an extra long walk and then get back to it . Have a FABU day chicadooooos

Last edited by Schatzi; 01-20-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:16 AM   #6  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Good morning all,

I am off to visit my 93 year old Aunt in the hospital. It's a 2 hour drive down and 2 hours up in one day. Not too bad. Just waiting for my Mom to down drive so we can go together.

Last night I missed work out for a dinner at Damons. It was my be-lated birthday since we could not afford to go in September. YUM YUM. Now it's back to the beach again. I guess if your going to splurge you should save it for the 'big one'.

Well thats all for now. Enjoy yor coffee, your doggies and your children this weekend.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #7  

Good morning!

Cottage I got your PM- thanks girl!

BeachGal I am amazed at the amount of sleep you can function on! You will be well prepared for babies.

Schatzi I am with you on the craptacular eating yesterday. I was ree-dic-you-lous!!!!!! Here's to a much improved day today. Your house contracting sounds so exciting! I will live vicariously through you as my DH and I would screw that all up.

Ruth Send some sun this way!! It has been raining and gloomy for the last week. Enjoy your day!

Barb I am sure the layoff times are always so stressful. I am so glad to hear that your job is secure. I hear you on daycare- Abigail will still be in afterschool care next year since we will be in different school districts.

Me- Thanks for all the well wishes on DH's job. We are so psyched and although it will take us a few months to get caught up on things, just knowing that we will be able to is a wonderful feeling.

Today is a grocery run, a trip to the library, maybe a trip to see my mom. One of the women from my Bible study group invited us over for dinner. I don't know her well and have never met her husband. I don't normally branch out like this, but figured why not? She has 3 teenagers, and her daughter loves my girls. We will see, eating will be tricky as I don't know her well enough to ask what is for dinner. If it is totally illegal I will just nibble....

Off to scour the ads for the week and plan meals.

Thank you for all of your support girls- I really mean it!! I love ya like sisters !!!!!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Morning all!! I'm actually on here before noon for a change!
I have today off, but I have some major cleaning to do (one of Mike's vendors is coming over tonight to go over a part time job for him. I personally thinks is a scam, butif Mike wants to waste his time listening to his crap, so be it!) I'm going out tonight with a few girls. We're going to California Pizza...grr not exactly what I wanted, but at least I know what I'm dealing with tonight & I can plan the rest of my meals today.

Schatzi - I'm a manager (I was promoted back in April) but I'm still learning my job. At my other stores, things were done very differently. So when I do what I know, I guess it doesn't meet my boss's expectations. I hate disappointing her, but I think she knows that I'm giving her 100%. I'll get it, gotta get through the transition time!

Kiko - Sounds like fun, I'm sure the food won't be that far off track. Enjoy your evening!

Stinger - enjoy your visit w/ your aunt!

Cottage - I agree, I like to have coffee already made when I get up. I'm usually pretty good at setting my timer for the machine.

Ruth - I snoozed in this morning too, but it wasn't 6am, more like 10. I've been so tired lately (or lazy, who knows!) I'm with you, I'm going out later w/ the girls, but the rest of the day I'm staying home where it warm & I have my little Phoebe to keep me company.

Laurie - GET SOME SLEEP LADY!!!! Enjoy your yoga class!!

OK, I'm off to clean - be back later. Take care!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 155/141/138

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone -

It sounds like I missed an exciting day yesterday in chat. It was busy at work and we had tickets to a hockey game last night, so I never found time to get on line and chat. I will see if I can get to it later today.

Thankfully, we had a good dinner last night before the game and there were peanuts to curb the snack attack that hit at the game!

Today we have to run errands, including the grocery store for more veggies, and then we have dinner plans with friends. I think I heard DH mention wings, which will be far from healthy (especially a the "dive bar" we usually go to for them), but we'll see. I did use the elliptical this morning, so at least one good thing for me! And we will have salad for lunch!

Enjoy some relaxation.
Ally
Old 01-20-2007, 01:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Gooooood Moooorning all you Beach Chickies!!!
Well...after a crazy night at my favorite mexican restaurant...I'm ready to get back on track!! those margaritas I drank really kicked my butt!! I ate some chips too but my dinner was OP...grilled chicken smothered with sauted veggies. MMmmm it was good.
I had a great breakfast...oatmeal pancake and V8 juice...and my coffee with Stevia in it. I feel pretty good right now. Gonna go for a walk after while...and drink a little extra water...to counteract the dehydration from the tequila! Well...I'm off to the pet store to buy some flea shampoo!
I'll holla at you chicks later!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone-I have spent the last couple days working for a temp agency packing orders in a warehouse walking walking constantly walking but not breaking a sweat-made it to the gym Thursday, but not last night-a friend was supposed to be bring me her mother's cat-but the cat freaked out and took off-so eeek-
Came home after work yesterday-and after a day of rain all the snow was gone and it was actually wierd seeing all the grass again. I was like-"Why does the yard look so diffrent?"
ummm DUH
Today was going to go get a ton of hay-but both hay barns I have been buying from are sold out-is a bad winter for that-should have seen it coming, but had no where to store more than a ton at a time-eeek what is plan B?
For this weekend I will get some from the feed store-but at 15 dollars a bale-eeeek. Have a couple calls in to other people to see if they have ideas.
Need to get back in the kitchen and prepare myself to be good. Had made some macaroon type cookies and they were gone in like 2 days but were REALLY light on the coconut-threw in a few chocolate chips and they were much better for me than the regular chocolate chip cookies I was tempted to throw together. Might pick up some coconut extract and give that a go ---PRETEND there is actual coconut I guess.
ok better get at it.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Girls...it's almost noon here.

Hey! Our snow is almost all melted and I am sooooooooo happy, now I can go p/u little tootsie rolls that Lil Bear has left all over the yard! I normally p/u the little bouquets right when he goes but NOT in that cold weather and a foot of snow.

I spent all morning studying the Old Testament so my brain feels a bit strained. I know the OT fairly well (the main stories) but this study is about the Bible Jesus read and his jewishness. This is just the beginning of a very long course of Jewish/Christian faith. Wish me well girls, my poor ol' brain is not used to this in-depty studying.

I feel I am losing more weight (afraid to run to the scale until it's time) because my clothes are fiting much better with some being a bit too baggy.

Shatzi - A Condo/House exchange is 'trading homes' for a time (anywhere from 1 week to several) with another family any where in the world. This is a great way to have a vacation without paying for motels/hotels, eating out, etc. One can even trade cars for the duration. I had friends that did this and loved it. We have signed up for either Italy, France, Greece or Spain.

You girls that have gone out to dinner and/or are going out to dinner, I think it's great you plan ahead not only what you will eat but how to eat during the day before you go. Planning in the key.

To all those I have not commented on, please know I have read all your posts and truly care about you and want you to succeed in not only your weight goals but in what ever/where ever life leads you. I have battled this challenge for over 50 years and have never given up...neither should you.

Blessings to you all,

I love you sis!
Old 01-20-2007, 03:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey Mamajok-your post reminded me of the quote-The only time you fail is the LAST time you try.
Your cutie patootie poochie looks so adorable after his spa day.
WW
Old 01-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #14  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Mamajok I love the study of Christ in the O.T. and the Hebraic roots of our faith. I do teachings on the feast, Messiah in O.T. etc...I hope this study is a blessing for you. I love...love...love...that type of a study myself. I have been blown away by the things I have learned. I pray that God will use this study to blow your mind and bring you even closer to him.

Stinger
Old 01-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

Hi Girls. Late today...The area we live in is called"Behind The Redwood Curtain". Often forgotten by people who think North CA. ends just past Santa Rosa...and by leaders in Sacramento. Today we lost our communication via computer, cell phone etc. for over 10 hours...Something to do with a major fire to a tower...No way to charge by credit cards, groceries clothes etc. in any of the stores...Just by cash. Good thing I didn't need any thing.

I missed getting my E-Mail and checking with you girls earlier in the day.

Company coming over this evening to play cards and eat Pop Corn. Jello for me...

Birthday party tomorrow for little grandson...Age 2...terrible 2s...He is so cute...curly hair and all...

Hope you girls had an enjoyable day.

Sis: Maybe Tuesday morning...10-10:30?
Closed Thread