Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 12:06 PM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default challenge for jan 28-feb 1

thought that i would get this in eary as many do not read to much on the weekend so go for the gusto this week go for the WOE and exercise and water!! OK? give ti a good all and post the results on our regualr thread or here if that is a good reminder!!
Old 01-26-2002, 05:58 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

I am in. Motivated and will post daily
Old 01-26-2002, 08:05 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

HHHHMMMM passed onthe pizza eventhe garlic white kind!! passed on the garlic knots, and the cake, and the crackers. I did have 2 small scoups of icecram though. not bad no syrup on them so not bad all together. and no exercise today but this is my usual day off. So not a bad day at all. just the known dish of icecram!!
Old 01-26-2002, 11:02 PM   #4  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

I am in...I will work out 6 days, and drink 80 ounces of water a day.

Guess I will be running to the bathroom alot!
Old 01-28-2002, 08:25 AM   #5  
Muscle Mommy

Hello Everyone! IT is start day!!!! Are you guys ready to go?

I will take my class outside today and let them try to catch me...that should burn some calories!

Maybe a walk later? My legs are sore from kickboxing....

I stuck to my diet all weekend long!!!!!

Best of luck chickees!
Old 01-28-2002, 04:23 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

I did not get a chance to get to the gym so this will have to be my day off. but i did yesterday a great job!!!
Old 01-29-2002, 08:11 AM   #7  
Muscle Mommy

I worked both jobs yesterday, so I did not get to actually "work out"...but I am sure I burned some extra calories lifting all those heavy boxes, and putting stock out, and running back and forth across the store.

I hope to walk tonight while my son is in Karate...it looks like rain, if it;s raining maybe I'll run...slowly...I don't want to give myself a heart attack...or maybe I will do an aerobic tape...

Good Luck, and I shall see you back here tomorrow!
Old 01-29-2002, 10:55 AM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

I had a great upper body workout. did little aerobic workout.
Old 01-29-2002, 09:53 PM   #9  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

I am in.

Moving my butt and drinking my water.

Our youngest son has a tough health class in college. Right now they are covering weight loss. (Reminder: both our sons are very fit and athletic and never had an ounce of fat on them!) He said he is learning sooooooo much......and the most important thing for a successful weight loss is....................EXERCISE. You must exercise and do it regularly. Weight loss......maintenance.......and good health in general.

We all know that....it is the doing it that gets iffy.

I am my worst critic.....I know I gotta move it to lose it!
Make time......DO IT! (I WAS TALKING TO ALL OF US>>>>ESPECIALLY>>>>>>>>ME!!!)
Old 01-30-2002, 05:54 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Well I am proud to say that I have had 2 exceptionally OP days. On monday I beefed up my workout routine. ANd have gotten all my water in. Today is my off exercise day. My legs thank me LOL

Way to go everyone else!
Old 01-30-2002, 09:13 AM   #11  
Muscle Mommy

Good Morning chickees!

I let my class chase me yesterday...not exactly the walk i wanted...but better than nothing...I am planning 20 minutes of kickboxing, and 8 minutesof ab work, and 15 minutes of weights today...we will see how it goes.

My Job gives us $200 a year to purchase some sort of equipment...i am buying an Elliptical trainer. I have a goal to run a 5K in September and someone said these help runners train...anyone know anything about that? Sue??

A PROBLEM FOR YOU LADIES TO ANALYZE

I have a wonderul BF. he is sweet, and a good father,AND HE TREATS ME REALLY WELL, but when it comes to this diet thing...he is my tempter,, demon, satan!. He will be eating carbs, and he wants me to eat with him, he tells me I will never lose this weight, and if he knows I want to work out, he tells me I don't need too. I was such a Hottie when we got together, and he loved that...so I don't understand why he wants to thwart my efforts...I KNOW I CAN DO THIS... Why does he want me to stay an unhappy, fat cow???? How should I handle this?

Well you guys have a great day!
Old 01-30-2002, 11:14 AM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

I love the elliptical trainer!! It is my most favorite machine!!! I would strongly suggest YES!!!! it does give the feeling of running with out the bouncing on the ankles. also check out www.runnersworld.com they have a program to start running over a period of time. it works you up slowly!!!

As for the guy problem. I had no support from dh for a very long time. it is his insecrity that youare going to get HOT again and find someone else. you need to tell him that you are not comfortable with your body the way it is and when you do not feel comfortable with it they how can you feel comfortable with him seeing it! You need to stress how you feel about your body. If he says that he likes if just fine then tell him you do not. You would appreciate a little support. but if he does not want to support you in finding a new healthier body then just keep his mouth shut. if he is not going to do that well I am at a loss at that.

My dh laughed at me when i started to weight lift. that was a year ago and 50 lbs ago! I told him off and let him know that if he did not want to support me then he had better shut up cuz i was recieving my support on the computer. He does not say anything and he stoped at the time. now when i say i am going to exercise i get nothing either in support or derogatory he know it is a way of life for me now!

Dana I am glad to see that DS is now on your back too!!! LOL
Old 01-31-2002, 09:00 AM   #13  
Muscle Mommy

Default Ain't life grand??!?!?

Good Morning Chicks!

How is everyone doing today?

Yeah, Men suck...If you read my post on the other thread, you already know I am mad at BF. They can be such selfish, brats!! (I really wanted to use the A wordhere, but I do not want to offend anyone....so I censored myself...)

Sue...I do think it is his insecurity. I shouldn't worry about it. He is the obstacle I will have to overcome to obtain amy weight loss goal.

I did not get to exercise last night...My baby was sick. She has Bronchitis. She has to go back to the Dr. tommorrow to see if it has cleared up any.

I took a peek at the scale, and it has moved...to the left. I am hoping it will be a good weigh in day for all of us tomorrow.

Here's a thought...at the end of the day I will be a home owner!

Well everyone have a crazy, great day!
Old 01-31-2002, 07:51 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

I am drinking like crazy making sure that I have a movement tomorow!! I know how you feel melody. and some day he will see it to and stop being your nemisis and just silently support you like my DH is doing. he has made some halfhearted attempts to go low carb, that last for a short time then he just complains he is hungry and he want this or that then he purposefully carb loads and makes it seem like it is my fault that he is doing that. I am trying to ignor him. Right now he is being a huge PIA taking the potatoe chips that i bought a while ago and making sure that he sees me see him take them. I made boiled ham and cabage for dinner and I was busy so i said I thought that dinner is ready any time he is. well the cabbage was cooking for over an hour so i felt that it had to be done althought it was on a low simmer. he went over there and looked at the cabbage and said it was not done. Oh i thought that it was (me) well That is how you do everything you never know what you are doing and do things half way!!! OMG i wanted tokick him in the incision. I just siad well that is how i will do everything from now on. I will not pay attention to it at all!!! Can you tell i am mad!!! so any ways I have flylady my laundry room and mud room so they can be eaten off the floor. I cleaned out 4 bags of garbage and 5 of giveaways!! that means all the coats, boots, junk that gatthers and all the mud and dirt. it is clean!!! Now one more room tonight then i will be done!!! I have a few coats of mine and few for all the kids and he has his snorkel jacket from his high school days (he graduated in 1975!) he will not let me throw it out and some other coats he will not let me discard. well i stuffed it up in his closet!! I will not have to deal with 3/4 of his coats filling all the hooks and leaving my boys, me and girls with only 5 hooks to put stuff on!! I know he works outside but when things hang there for years without moving then they have to move else where!!

so anyways I am posting this in the wrong thread!! just like me to do that.

well today i did a double exercise just my thing today!!

I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 15 then did the upperbody for about 45 min. I came home and forgot that he could not shovel the ssnow so guess what?? YES i did. so i had a double workout!! I did the drive and the side walk, which is quite considerable!! so ther is what I did all day. so i had better see a movement to the left and past the 170 mark!!!! or i will have to throw the scale out the window right after my husband!!!
Old 02-01-2002, 08:18 AM   #15  
Muscle Mommy

Good Job Sue on doing the Double workout! Take that anger out i a constructive way! OHHHHH I LOVE IT!!!

BF and I washed down walls, scraped the border off, and painted our bedroom in the new house. He is going to put on one more coat of paint today, and then all we have to do is steam the carpets, and put up new border and that room will be done! And we just bought the house yesterday!

So again, no workout for me, but I did get moving...so that is better than nothing. I will have to work my second job, this weekend, and when I am not I am sure we will be working like mad on the house. I am not sure I will get to post this weekend or not. I will try.

Everyone have a great weekend, and a HAppy Groundhog day tomorrow......(I hope that little booger doesn't see his shadow, dang it! i WANT SPRING TO COME....iT HAS FELT LIKE sPRING HERE ALREADY...WE EVEN HAVE FLOWERS BLOOMING....BUT IT IS SUPPOSE TO GET BELOW FREEZING TONIGHT, SO BYE BYE PRETTY LITTLE FLOWERS!)

hAVE A GOOD DAY!
Closed Thread