Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 09:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default PIC~Partners In Crime 2007

I thought I'd try starting the new thread for 2007. Hope this is a good OP year for all the PIC chicks.

Anyone know how to archive the 2006 thread?
Old 01-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #2  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

Happy New Year!
Old 01-01-2007, 04:23 PM   #3  

I PM'd Suzanne about archiving the 2006 thread. Hopefully it will just happen.

Happy new year!

I downloaded that trial software. It has some nice features but, I'd have to enter all my custom foods again which is time consuming.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #4  
Staying in 1derland!

one thing i liked about it tho is that is shows u based on your progress when u will meet your goal... thats cool

Oh i had a call from "habitat for humanity" i was chosen as a umm finalist for a house i have to go on the 13th for a meeting!
Old 01-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #5  

That is really cool Curly. You will have to tell me how it goes (the habitat for humanity thing). Looks like someone posted to last years thread. Wish I knew what to do about that.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:10 PM   #6  

Happy New Year everyone!

Monday: 1150 calories, 1260 deficit
Old 01-01-2007, 09:42 PM   #7  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Happy New Year PIC's!

I'm with Ya'll. Gonna get that ol' Mojo Movin! One Day at a time

Today I'm resolving to use small plates for my meals. So Far So Good.

Good Luck Ladies.... 2007 is gonna be OUR time!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #8  

I had a pretty good OP day but I'm still over 2000 calories--just barely at 2016. I'm really not overeating so I'm not sure why I can't get below 2000. Makes me wonder how many calories I was eating when I wasn't keeping track-YIKES!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65 View Post
I had a pretty good OP day but I'm still over 2000 calories--just barely at 2016. I'm really not overeating so I'm not sure why I can't get below 2000. Makes me wonder how many calories I was eating when I wasn't keeping track-YIKES!
Thats why I count my calories even when I'm over 2000. I think I could easily go over 4000 calories a day if I wasn't paying attention.

I am still not able to exercise because of my pulled lat. I'm starting to think it might be a tear since it's been 3 weeks already. I weighed in at 213 today and I am going to move my ticker up on friday no matter what it says. It's so fustrating because I really HAVE to exercise to loose and keep weight off. First the ear infection and now the pulled muscle

Tuesday: 1181 calories, 1229 deficit
Old 01-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #10  
Remember Why I'm Here

ok... my ticker is set and up for all to see again too. I'm up 14 lbs and I'm not going to stand for it anymore! I'm making myself publicly accountable again.

Val, I hope you're feeling better soon. Is there a sliding scale clinic you can go to? If you've done some real damage, you need to have it taken care of before it gets worse. I myself have a nasty case of tendonitis in my right arm... sucks but at least it doesn't mean I cant walk.

Petra, I've never done well at counting actual calories. I did put a weekend breakfast into a new site I'm trying, and it calculates that meal into over 700 calories.. YIKES! I'm going to be using it more, and really keeping up with my effort to use smaller plates and utinsils to help control my portions.

Curly and Angel!! YooHOOOOO Hope you're doing well too!
Old 01-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #11  
Staying in 1derland!

Had a good day.. no foods i shoulnt be eating.. However I had the opposite problem u guys had .. i didnt eat enuff food, tho i did have my protein powder, and a good dinner ... calories were 1256 and carbs were 25 gm

and thats just as bad as over eating... cuz that is what brings your metabolisim to a screaching halt... tho my problem has never been over eating real food.. its all the goodies that I crave...

i went an did my LWE workout for 30 min

I had a 25$ gift card from work for the grocery store and spread that around pretty good... lately ive been trying to try out new foods.. like yesterday I bought eggplant and made up a casserole similar to lasagna but used the eggplant where the noodles would be...

a layer of eggplant, a layer of ground beef, a layer of mushrooms, onions, and a lil sauce thats for dinner tonight

Val I am trying to think of some type of exercise that u could do but I know from experience that when your back is hurting there really isnt anything that doesnt make it hurt more...

Great idea with the small plates Dee.. I also read something that says to visualize your plate in 3rds 1 third protein, 1 third carbs, 1 third veggies

I know what u mean Petra when u arent tracking the calories its amazing how fast they can rack up...

Ugh, I am back to work today .. lol didnt get a thing done that I had planned to do .. but oh well...

ONE OP DAY AT A TIME... AND WE WILL GET THERE!

Last edited by curlylocks; 01-03-2007 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:23 AM   #12  
Staying in 1derland!

P.s. I read this in one of the other forums about when u gain weight back... they said If u have a flat tire... u dont shoot out the other 3 its kinda helped me when i have gotten discouraged... and wondering where my mojo went!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #13  
Remember Why I'm Here

hehe.. i tweaked my dream breakky down from over 700 cals to 285 calories + 2 slices of flax toast with a tiny bit of Earth Balance on them.

I turned sausage links, hash browns & fried eggs (albiet with pam not butter ), and ww toast w/butterr at over 700 cals into scrambles eggs with sweet potato cubes, onion, ground turkey sausage with feta/spinach, LF cheddar cheese & milk at 285 cals!!! Plus had (but didn't figure into cals) 2 slices flax bread w/ a small amt of Earth Balance. (which is what I had and it was yummy)

Check out calorie-count . com/calories/recipe_analysis.php.. my biggest problem has been figuring out cals for cassaroles etc. I found this in another post on 3fc and I'm really diggin' it!!

Curly~ I love the flat tire analogy.. I'm gonna remember that one hehehe... thanks!!

You all have a wonderful day!! ~Dee

Last edited by iwmonn; 01-03-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #14  
Remember Why I'm Here

So what do you guys think? I know Lee would really appreciate it- my not making him a guina pig with new recipes... heheh.. Anyways this kind of makes a lot of sense practicality-wise. Plus he has pointed out (and I now agree) that I make to much to-do out of food. It should be to sustain us. I tend to obsess over how food tastes....... discussion anyone? LOL..

Quote:
Practice Food Monogamy
Yeah, sure, variety may be the spice of life, but it also may be the death of dieting.

Having a lot of food choices is what makes us live like we're in a never-ending speed-eating contest. But research shows that if you decrease your food choices, you'll automatically decrease your appetite and waist size. Pick the one meal you most often rush through and automate it. For most people, lunch is the hurry-up meal. So find a healthy lunch you like -- salad with grilled chicken and a light olive oil dressing or turkey on whole-grain bread -- and have it for lunch every day. Every day. Yes, every day.

In fact, the same old routine is the point. More and more research has found that putting a cap on the variety of foods and tastes you experience helps you control your weight. How does it work? It seems that when you have meals with lots of diverse flavors, it takes more calories to make you feel full. That's why we tend to eat more -- to satisfy our taste buds, not our bellies -- when enjoying foods like Mexican or Indian cuisine.

We definitely don't want you to become bored, but if you make a habit of eating the same food for at least one meal a day, it'll decrease your temptations and help you stop thinking about flavor feasts. It's one of the ways to automate your brain so that your habits follow.

Reference: YOU: On a Diet. Roizen, M. F., Oz, M. C., New York: Simon & Schuster, 2006.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:13 PM   #15  

I know a lot of people like to eat the same foods all the time when they are trying to lose weight but I would get bored in a hurry and that would be a sure way to get me off track. It would also make me feel deprived which dieting doesn't do in general--maybe because I allow myself to eat a variety of things. I can't even handle having the same meal more than 3 times in the same week. Remember that Flavor Point diet that came out last year? I never read that book but I think it might have something to do with this idea.

BTW, I'm at 1544 calories so far today. I think I'll make it under 2000 for the day! Yeah!

Dee, I have a computer program called Master Cook that quickly analyzes any recipe. It was a gift so I don't know how much it cost. If you need me to run one of your recipes, just send it to me. Also, that new weight by date software that Curly was talking about has a reasonably good analyzer. Much easier to use than fitday.

Last edited by petra65; 01-03-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Closed Thread