Old 01-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #1  
Ex-fast food junkie

S/C/G: 168/167/140

Height: 5'6

Default Weight Loss and Alcohol

Right now I'm on a no-alcohol for 3 weeks plan. However, I like to go out a few times a month and tie one on. I realize alcohol in general is empty calories. There really isn't a great way to get around it. What do you guys choose to drink when you do? I tried the Bacardi and Diet thing but I wasn't a huge fan. Someone told me wine isn't bad...but what kinds? I'm not a fan of dry wine.
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

Wine actually has a lot of calories from its high sugar content. Your best bet if you really want to drink is distilled alcohol, like vodka. Its a more potent that wine so hopefully you'll drink less too.
Have fun
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 05:37 PM   #3  
Ex-fast food junkie

S/C/G: 168/167/140

Height: 5'6

What's the difference between distilled alcohol? Haha, I know this a dumb question but I've actually wondered for a long time....I know there has to be some social drinkers that are on diets
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I drink and I enjoy it, but you're right....empty calories. My problem is wine. Once the bottle is open, it's just too easy to pour another glass, and then another, and another until the bottle is empty. I have to ban wine from time to time in order to really get on the weight loss track. When I do that, I will still (on occasion) have a mixed drink (but only 1). I don't know why it is easier to stop at one when having a martini or margarita, but that's the way it is for me. I don't really like to "tie one on" because I hate hangovers. I just like a good drink (and no, bacardi and something diet just sounds icky--give me something Good!!).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

I also drink wine, usually a nice glass of merlot or cabernet with dinner or before.....but I always want another. if that's the case, the 2nd glass I consider "dessert".

If it's summer, we often have a Margarita outside on the deck after work...one is enough.....not my favorite, but one is good.

Bacardi and diet coke is nasty-tasting (to me)....If I go the mixed drink route, I like vodka with v-8 juice, celery stalk and a couple of olives.

tieing one on is self-sabotage for me....the next day I feel AWFUL, dehydrated, headache=no exercise and it sets me up for failure
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote