Old 01-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Default Hot Spiced Tea for 1!

Hot Spiced Tea for 1!

Originally this was a recipe for low carb hot chai tea, but seeing the lack of chai tea ingredients such as wheat products around my house, a few higher than necessary carbs and equal (which I don't keep on hand) I chose to adapt it to my own liking.

1/2 cup tap water
1 bag constant comment tea bag
1/2 cup milk, hoods calorie countdown, hot
1 tbs splenda granular
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 whole cloves

1 Add tea bag, water, whole cloves to 2 cup glass microwaveable measuring cup. Microwave until boiling. (Be careful as boiling liquids in microwave can build up pressure and explode).
2 Add splenda and milk to make 1 cup liquid. Careful - did I mention something about explosions?
3 Microwave to boiling again.
4 Fish out tea bag and discard. You can fish out the cloves or leave them. They look neat floating in the cup I think. Add vanilla and stir carefully (exploding tea anyone?)
5 Serve HOT HOT HOT. Best enjoyed sipped slowly in front of a window with a good view of a snowy landscape where the birds are eating all that bread you don't want around anymore.

Servings: 1
Yield: 1 Cup

Nutrition Facts
Serving size: 1 serving
Percent daily values based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
The following ingredients were not linked to the ingredient database and were not included in the nutrition information:
tap water

Amount Per Serving
Calories 60.36
Calories From Fat (41%) 24.55
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.78g 4%
Saturated Fat 1.58g 8%
Cholesterol 10.00mg 3%
Sodium 90.54mg 4%
Potassium 104.08mg 3%
Carbohydrates 4.59g 2%
Dietary Fiber 0.48g 2%
Sugar 1.50g
Sugar Alcohols 0.00g
Net Carbohydrates 4.11g
Protein 4.08g 8%

Recipe Source
Source: adapted from Equal
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/202/145

Height: 5' 6"

I love CHAI too! I make a little "bouquet garni" with whole pickling spice and extra cinnamon stick thrown in. Carefully emptying a tea bag, then packing it with the spices and tying the tea bag string around it to close works neat.

The bouquet garni can be used again and again (leaving it in as long as possible) to stretch those spices.

Steep it along with the tea...or even longer...then a good dollop of heavy cream or a big splash of Calorie Countdown milk and a couple Splenda. Yummers!!

Last edited by wyo rose; 07-21-2008 at 09:01 PM.
wyo rose is offline   Reply With Quote