Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-16-2007, 07:18 PM   #1  

Unhappy Why oh why??? Before Pics

Since my get up and go seemed to have gotten up and went, I had the silly notion that taking pics of what I look like now would inspire me to get up and move. WRONG !!!!!!.
I just took some body shots with my cam and was blinded by the rolls. I mean this just completely took smile off of my face. I feel so defeated right now. Subconciously I know that this should be a major motivator. But conciously I just had a major reality check that really makes me want to give up. **sigh**
Karma27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Starting 145/ Goal 120

Height: 5'7

Hi Karma,

I know looking at these recent pics may seem devastating (we have all been there)...but compare them to pics of where you were when you started. That should give you a lift and motivate you to continue on.
FrustratedYoYoDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:24 PM   #3  

You are reading my mind!!! My husband gave me a digital photo frame for Christmas -- I just upload pictures from my computer onto it and they flash by like a slide show -- sounds cool -- I was sitting here working and noticed our summer pictures, unfortunately me playing with the kids. I guess I had convinced myself that I didn't look too bad at the time. Boy, the changes that occur when you really objectively look at yourself! Denial, denial, denial. I hate them and if my kids weren't in them, I would delete them immediately!! So, why don't we hide these pictures away for a while, lock them up, and every time we lose 20 pounds we can take a peak??? I hope they will motivate me, and hope they don't depress me more than they are today. I have so far to go, but the alternative is to continue to go up and up, so I think I will continue on, what about you???

Good luck -- some day those pictures will make us feel so powerful and committed ??!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

I can relate. My kids and I just had our picture taken last week for the church directory. When our picture came up on the screen I was mortified. I looked as wide as a house. I told the guy the photographer should have put me in back instead of having the kids in back of me!! His reply - we are always harder on ourselves than anyone else ever is. This is so true! Then Sunday night I had my daughter take my "before" picture. I was sad. However, I was up at 4:30 Monday morning to excercise with Richard Simmons & the Oldies (that is about all I can keep up with - lol). So...we are all in the same boat sister! Just plan on using that as an intermediate picture when you post your before & after pics! Focus on how far you have come! You have essentially lost the weight equivalent to a small child- that is awesome!!! Let's do this!!!!
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:03 AM   #5  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

Words seem hollow when you down, but take heart and cheer up. Don't look at those pictures and say- "My God, what have I done to myself? What's the point if I look like that?" Instead say, "I needed that reality check, it hurts- yes, but the next time I take a picture of myself and see the difference between the two it will be better." You may not smile then, but you'll know it's not hopeless. ^-^ So get your but going bringing sexy back! Remember though, that sexy is more than just a babe-a-licious body- it's the mind that knows how to work that body, and take care of it.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:11 AM   #6  

Default Thanks guys!!

I was in tears earlier and your posts really made all the difference.

Frustrated - Thanx for the kind words. I was just so hurt earlier. I realized today that I have been at this for a year and I cannot throw all that progress out of the window.

shelby -
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby897 View Post
So, why don't we hide these pictures away for a while, lock them up, and every time we lose 20 pounds we can take a peak???
I'm in... rather than burn the photos. I need to put a positive spin on this. I am not going to give up.

fatBgone - I had that same experience back when I weighed 320. Went to a friends wedding and saw some really unflattering shots of me on the wedding DVD that they sent out to all 250 people in attendance. **sigh**
Thank you for putting it that way , I have lost the equivalent of a small child. We can do it

Reddalice - Thanks for the kick in the pants. You are right, it's not hopeless. and my butt is back in gear **singing** I'm bringing sexy back.

Last edited by Karma27; 01-18-2007 at 06:35 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:24 AM   #7  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Karma,

Hang in there, like fatBgone said, you've lost the equivalent of a small child.

Me I like the butter comparison, I read it here on 3FC, somewhere but have no idea where

You have lost 128 STICKS OF BUTTTER = 32 pounds

How amazing is that, you should do a little I would be, I think it is FABULOUS
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:04 AM   #8  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

^-^ I'm glad you feel better, I am willing to kick as needed- should you need it! LoL
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:30 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBombera View Post
Karma,

You have lost 128 STICKS OF BUTTTER = 32 pounds

How amazing is that, you should do a little I would be, I think it is FABULOUS
WOW thanks for the kind words I never thought of it that way.
Doing a lil' happy dance LOL
Old 01-18-2007, 06:34 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddalice View Post
^-^ I'm glad you feel better, I am willing to kick as needed- should you need it! LoL
LOL Thank you ... warning...I will need to be kicked in about a week so rest up.

I feel so much better about things, you guys are the best!!!....but those pics are still in the vault until (yes, just until).
Motivation I need.. depression I can do without.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:12 AM   #11  

Don't burn the pics, no matter how much they hurt you. I used to be VERY camera shy. I have literally no pics of my at my heaviest weight. Now that I've had some success, I wish I did. Some days I feel real fat still, then I do look at the pics I do have when I had lost about 30 pounds.

I wish I had pics of me at my heaviest, so I could make a real comparison now. And I never, ever thought I would feel that way.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #12  
prepare for the BEST time

Everytime you DON'T want to exercise, think of the picture you hate.
Everytime you want to go off of your eating plan, think of the picture you hate.

it will help to motivate you, because you know you really DO CARE about yourself.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote