Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 07:10 PM   #1  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Default 1lb. Down And Plenty More To Go! - 2007

to ~ One LB. Down and Plenty More To GO!

Old friends and New friends,

This thread is open to any and all ladies who have more than a "few" pounds to lose. We all know that if it's more than a "few" that it's gonna take sometime to get rid of it. And when you're in a certain place in your life for a while it's great to have some friends around that know exactly how you feel and know exactly what you're going through. Having support via family and friends is great and certainly a welcomed thought, but sometimes they just don't get it. We'll help encourage you through the down times, discourage you when the dieting alter ego wants to take over and then encourage you some more! Just jump in and make yourself at home. Let's try to live, love and laugh our "weigh" through this!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, it's the 2nd January here and I'm sure Tina won't mind me starting the 2007 thread.

I had a good day. Even after New Year's Eve at my mum's, having the most gorgeous roast chicken dinner with yorkshire pudding and sausages, and trifle for dessert, I was down a pound this morning from yesterday.

TOM arrived this morning also so hopefully that contributed partly to my shameful 11 lb gain over Christmas.

AND, not only that I did my exercise DVD for the first time since flipping Easter. Over the summer I did a fair bit of cycling and walking but since September all I've really done is a bit of halfhearted swimming. So, new Year, new start. I'm back doing my DVD three times a week like I did last year.

But, I tell you what - it's a heck of a lot easier than it was last January!

So, I have booked a holiday in Portugal next July for me and my little girl - and I am determined to be bikini-sexy by then. I've actually changed my goal from 140 to 133 - I may even try for 130, depending on how I look. I have a lot of belly flab and love handles still that I'd like to tone up.

We were doing a countup of all we've lost in 2006 from the old thread - I'll copy the list so we can add to it.

Robsia - 67 lbs
Tammy - 87 lbs
Linda - 45 lbs
Emily- 32 lbs
Cheryl - 25 lbs

Last edited by Robsia; 01-02-2007 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi Robsia . . .

Glad to hear you are having a good day. I know what you mean . . . it is a lot easier to get back in the swing of things after a little 'meltdown' than it used to be a year or so ago . . . hey, what do you think, maybe we actually learned something over the past year.

Anyway, chickie . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day again tomorrow (later today for you). See you soon.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:26 PM   #3  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default Ready to Rock 2007!! Happy New YEAR!

Sorry all for being MIA, just the holidays have gotten me a little more than pre-occupied, which I know is NO excuse for not taking five and coming to check in. I hid the laptop under my dresser so that it's outta reach to little hands, now THE HOLIDAYS ARE OVER!! In a strange way, I'm relieved...doesn't that sound terrible. I've been a busy bee putting my house back in order and stuffing the Christmas cheer back in their containers. It took me a week to decorate and a day to put it all away...how does that make sense?? LOL!!

Anyways...exactly one year ago tonight I made a change. I found some wonderful friends here and was about to embark on the tough task of losing 104lbs.!! Yikes, that sounded like the impossible, but in fact quite doable. So far, ticker says I've lost 57lbs. (psst..still owning it till I totally get back to routine). Now tonight, exactly one year later I'm turning a new page and about to embark on another tough task of losing 47 more lbs. Totally sounds doable, doesn't it!! I'm really excited! I'm about to plan my menus for the week and get ready to do some shopping (healthy shopping for it tomorrow), not quite so excited for the workouts (who said they would ever come easY?) but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! My husband is still waving the Hawaii trip in front of me for my goal retreat...hehehe!! I have no excuses, I have a ton of choices and I intend on making the best of it!

Seems we have a new thread, you're right Robsia, we totally needed one and I intended on doing that...but like I said, I was too preoccupied. The only thing I wish we could have done was to (repost) the welcoming post just in case we get some newbies.

I hope you all had a great holiday and totally ready to rock the year of more weight loss and healthy successes.

By the way the scale did indeed drop down 217.5 so hopefully these holiday pounds will disappear as fast as they came!

A ONE YEAR COMPARATIVE....

Robsia - 67 lbs
Tammy - 87 lbs
Linda - 45 lbs
Emily - 32 lbs
Cheryl - 25 lbs
Tina - 57 lbs

Last edited by LadyLai; 01-01-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:23 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

So glad you made it TINA . . . I was getting worried. Why don't you c&p the original greeting -- so what if it's a little bit down the page -- at least it will be there.

Boy oh boy - - - those two pictures really show how well you've done. Hardly know it was the same girl - - - you really are sure they are both you, eh?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:05 AM   #5  
MasterHarper

I edited my post to include the greeting!! Good idea Tina.

You look amazing - you have done so well.

Linda - thanks for the motivation. Looking back over the last year, I KNOW now that I can lose this last 20 lbs. When I look back over my monthly weight loss stats, it is so obvious that when I stopped doing my DVD 3x a week, my weight loss dropped from 5-6 lbs a month to 2-3 lbs a month. Definitely a no-brainer, but I was too lazy to make myself do it.

This moring my weight was down another pound! So looks like this Christmas gain won't be too long in coming off *fingers crossed*
Old 01-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #6  
Mom of 4

S/C/G: 276/230/175

Hey Girls how is everyone doing? Sorry I have been sporatic about posting lately. I have just not been in the mindset to keep going with this journey. After not getting on the scales all weekend and once again not eating on plan my scales are back to 222 this morning. UGH I so hate that number. That is a total of 7 pounds gained for the holiday season. I guess if you look at the stats I am an average American cause thats what all the experts say we Americans gain over the holidays. But I don't want to be average. I wanted to be able to control myself. HAH, so much for that. This morning I woke up so dissapointed in myself. I slipped and now it is time to get my grip back. Or so I thought when I gave myself the long long talk on the way to work this morning but ding bat me I forgot my breakfast and lunch at home. The lunch isn't so bad I can order out for a salad and stay healthy but not eating breakfast is going to throw me way off and by dinner tonight I will feel like I am starving.

OK OK I am sorry that I am rambling on and being a Whiny Baby. As for adding my name to the list I am sticking with what Robsia said. I did loose 60 pounds for 2006 so that is what I will put down even though the holidays saw 7 of it come back. I am now determined to GET BACK ON TRACK!!!!!

Robsia - 67 lbs
Tammy - 87 lbs
Linda - 45 lbs
Emily - 32 lbs
Cheryl - 25 lbs
Tina - 57 lbs
Robbin - 61 lbs
Old 01-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #7  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, girls . . .

Hey . . . my quickly gained Christmas weight is gone as of this morning and I was back to my ticker weight of 239.8. It really did leave pretty quickly. So glad my philosophy proved true. Wow . . . I hope it works quickly for all of you, too.

Anyway, I've now changed my ticker completely to reflect the new year and the new lap on the great downward journey. I'm going to stick with my regular WWI from now on . . . this was kind of a special, one-time event. I've been weighing everyday this past week just to see how long it took to get rid of the 'goodies'. Wowee, wowee, wowee . . . the fresh new start feels sooooo good.

So great to hear that everybody is back into the "WE CAN DO IT" mind-set. We can do it, gang. Just keep moving and shaking and heading in the great downward direction. See you soon.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #8  
Working on 'Project Me'

Default Happy Tuesday!

Thanks Robsia for editing your post! I just want anyone who would by chance take a peek in here would feel more welcomed.

Linda, wow! Big congrats to you for dissolving your holiday gain so quickly. I'm big time envious of you! LOL!

Robbin, hey girl! Best not start out feeling depleted, we're still in this! Time to put our brains back in gear and start sweating it off again.

Well, I have a somthing caught in my clogs this morning...I slept in till 9! It just throws my morning when I'm off schedule a bit. I'm very maticulous(sp?), one little blurp can cause my whole day to go down the drain. I'm determined to stick to it though, even if I don't get down to exercise when I wanted to, it has to be done! Scales are a little nastier today, but I'm so tight a.k.a retaining big time! I should be off and making a great start in 2007 for this last half of my battle!

TTFN!
Old 01-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #9  

Morning Ladies and a very happy 2007 to all of YOU!!! I can't tell you how happy I am to finally see the Holidays over with. Never had a white Christmas, but we did have a very white New Year's. We got 14" of heavy wet snow, which is unusual for us. Thank God for four wheel drive, the only way we are able to get out of our yard right now. Still have to dig the car out sometime today. I wasn't going to report what the scales had to say till tomorrow, but I couldn't resist stepping on them this morning. I'm down 4 lbs.

Robsia...I wish I would of given my total loss for 2006 instead of what I had lost on that day. Anyway, my total loss for 2006 was 37 lbs. Portugal sounds like a lovely trip and you will be so sleek and sexy in your bikini.

Tina...All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!! What a difference 50 lbs makes, and I think you look younger.

Well gang, I need to get my butt in gear. Have to take the FD to town and it will take longer to get there since the roads haven't been cleared yet. Here's a little for all of us to share.

Cheryl
Old 01-02-2007, 03:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/215/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking

HI there ladies! My name is Colleen and I would love to join if you'll have me. I am a 28 yr old SAHM with 2 little girls. I weigh 215lbs and would like to get down to 140-150 by next New Year. Well actually, I would like to be down to 125 by next nov. 26. It'll be my 29 birthday And I want to be Hot! I want to feel SEXY! And I want to keep up with my kids.
But I will be happy just hitting my original goal of 140-150.

I lost my 1st pound since I joined today!!!!

Colleen
Old 01-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #11  
MasterHarper

Welcome Colleen!!!

You are pretty much where I was this time last year so you could well be where I am this time next year, or you will probably do even better!!! You will SO be sexy by your birthday!!

Well done on losing your first pound - as the title says, 1 lb down, plenty more to go!! But go they will.

Yay!!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/157/25

Height: 5'7''

Hey girls!

I'm Jordan.I started out at 225. I live in Germany(military brat) and I've lost 48lbs so far. (Almost half way mark. I would like to be between 155-145 by my birthday in May, but my goal is 125 by August. Do you mind if I join?
Old 01-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #13  
Onward and Downward

Hi Gang . . . Just updating that wonderful list again. And decided to put a little title on it, too . . .

WHAT WE LOST IN 2006
Robsia - 67 lbs
Tammy - 87 lbs
Linda - 45 lbs
Emily - 32 lbs
Cheryl - 37 lbs
Tina - 57 lbs
Robbin - 61 lbs

CHERYL . . . Absolutely, you should count the total loss for 2006 . . . I updated you to 37 lbs. If that's not correct, just let me know.

COLLEEN . . . . . . and JORDON . . . Welcome to both of you. So glad to have you joining us and congratulations to both of you on your losses so far. Was that a 2006 loss Jordon? Just let us know and we can add it to the list as well.

Keep it moving and shaking, girls. See you again soon.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #14  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Default happy new year !!!

Hi Ladies

I told you I would be back ! It might be slow going, but I will try to keep up with your posts and write when I can. If nothing else I will try for my famous "fly-bys".

A friend sent this to me and I thought it was rather appropriate as we start off a fresh year.. I hope you enjoy it (my apologies for the length )

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 cups of coffee...

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls.

He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was. The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the
jar was full. They agreed it was. The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous yes."

The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

"Now," said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things -- your God, family, your children, your health, your friends, and your favorite passions -- things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car.

The sand is everything else -- the small stuff."

"If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls."

The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.

Take care of the golf balls first -- the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented.

The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:19 AM   #15  
Working on 'Project Me'

Default Good Evening!

Evening chickies...just popping in to pass some time and gear my mind towards weight loss not cravings! LOL! I had a good day, totally on plan..which tastes better than any sort of chocolate or salty snack I might think I am craving right now!

Cheryl, wow, you really got dumped on. We've had rain today, which would be nice if it didn't freeze on contact. Makes getting around impossible unless you pack your skates! Congrats on the awesome loss! Wow 4lbs. is amazing, I'm so glad we're able to report great things this soon after the holidays! Woo Hoo!

Hi Colleen, and welcome to the group! I'll be facing my 29th birthday next month, I'd love just to be in ONEderland by then! That will be as close to HOT as I've been in years..hahaha! Congrats on getting rid of your first pound...keep em' coming!

Jordan, welcome aswell! Congrats on your loss so far! That's quite the accomplishment! What is your plan of action?

Hey Louie! Good to see you again! Loved your post, it's so appropiate to be reminded of this isn't it.

I guess that's all...I shall find other ways to keep my mind occupied. Perhaps surf the goal forums! Have a great night!

TTFN!
Closed Thread