Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-15-2007, 05:46 PM   #1  

Default Seeking 100lb Weight Loss Buddy

Hello Everyone, I'm not sure if there was another place to post this message, so I'm doing it this way. I'm a 28 yr old woman with a little over 100lbs to lose, and I'm looking for a weight loss buddy with similar goals. My method is primarily focusing on whole foods and cutting out refined/processed foods. I have been overweight most of my life and have recently been working with a holistic nutritionist. Although I've learned a lot, I haven't completely put into practice everything I've learned. I enjoy exercise and have no problem with actually doing it. My issues are emotional eating and remaining consistent. I'm hoping to find a buddy to whom I can be accountable who is also encouraging.

Now that the holidays are over I'm ready to give it another try. If this is of interest to you, please respond to this post or send me a message.
Thanks.
lola06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:59 PM   #2  

Hi Lola,

I am in the same boat. I need to loose 75-100...that would be ideal and I am hoping realistic. I am 25 and my husband and I are ttc, so losing the weight would be helpful and beneficial to my health.
What I am doing is...hmm...that is a great question...I don't really stick to anything. I basically eat alot of veggies, fish or small steak with dinner. White rice...eggs...and for a treat every once in a while, a small piece of dark chocolate..which some say is good for you...I don't know how effective I have been...I have lost 6 lbs from November...so I guess that it is good...anyhow, I look forward to loosing weight with you!

Calches
calches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #3  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

I am in the same boat as the two of you. I post in the 100 pound club. I find a lot of support there...and a lot of inspiring stories too! Hop on over and check us out.
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Lola, Please come visit us in the 100lb club. You'll have a whole group of supportive encouraging buddies. Hope you join us and looking forward to getting to know you.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

check out the 100 club- it's a great place...i'm new there myself.

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:01 PM   #6  

Thanks ladies for responding. I will start posting in the 100lb club. But there's so many threads and groups I never know where to start.

I started exercising again today, so I feel good about that step. My other big problem is eating out. I live in NYC and it's so easy to do. I enjoy cooking, and I'll do great for a while and then fall off. I'm not sure how to get this buddy thing started. Any ideas?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:53 PM   #7  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi Lola!

Yup, the 100 lb Club is great (as are all the groups here at 3FC). You're right, there are a lot of threads in there, but my suggestion is to just jump in where you feel comfortable and have something to say! You'll get the hang of it really quickly.

I didn't go the route of trying to find a buddy here, I feel like I've got dozens of them through the 100 lb. Club! The more the merrier, I say, and they definitely help keep me on track and accountable.

Welcome and good luck!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:26 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Lola when I first started out back in Sept. my first post was that of asking for a buddy. I so didn't know what I was doing (computer illiterate) on top of this site illiterate, big dope that I am. Anyway, by the time I figured it I kinda blew it. But, really come to the 100lb club, I really think you'll find it's just what you're looking for. We are all "buddies" there, and good ones at that.

As far as the eating out, I found I was much "safer" eating at home, there I could cook the foods that I want and know that exactly what ingredients are in there, no extra oil and stuff like that. So, though it's a pain in the neck at first, you do get used to it. It definitely is a commitment. And every restaurant has healthier options. Ask for sauces on the side. Stick to grilled stuff. Salad dressings on the side.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:41 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola06 View Post
Thanks ladies for responding. I will start posting in the 100lb club. But there's so many threads and groups I never know where to start.
Hi Lola,

Yes, the 100lb thread has been very active lately and can seem a bit overwhelming. Here are some of my favorite threads that I look for each day.

Daily Commitments - as the thread name indicates, some of us post our 'commitments' or plans for the day regarding our weight loss journey and how we will stay on plan. Commitments can be anything...from exercise, eating plans, how we will handle social engagements, etc.

The One Reason I'm Staying On Plan Today - What is your motivation today? An upcoming event, a comment from a neighbor, special item of clothing.....anything that motivates you.

Monthly NSVs - NSVs are Non Scale Victories. Other than the scales showing a weight loss, what has this journey brought to you. A compliment? Getting into a favorite pair of jeans? Inches lost? Running a mile? anything that shows your victory.

Weekly Weigh-In - This is where we share our scale progress with each other. On our weigh-in days, we record our gains...or losses. This has really helped me with accountability...and, its fun to celebrate a loss with our friends!

And, of course, you can always start your own thread for any topic you desire. Sometimes, you might just need some advice, or maybe to vent. Maybe you'll need a shoulder or maybe you want to share an experience or provide some advice.

We'll be looking for you.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-16-2007 at 12:46 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 340/340/175

Height: 5'5"

Hi Lola,

I'm new here also and I have a lot of weight to lose .. 100+ check out my weight tracker in my signature!

Look forward to getting to know you and share our goals with one another!
Tabby Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #11  

Thanks Rhonda. I'll give those threads a try.